MD Player Map

awiiya

[url="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=205566850638164354811.0004b5d7d2f3f9b7ed5fe"]http://maps.google.c...d7d2f3f9b7ed5fe[/url]

[size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Above is a map of player locations. Mark either your exact location (which may be a bit much), or your area, or your city, etc.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Also would a mod please pin this?[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Awi[/font][/size]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][size=4]PS: To add another marker, click the large edit button next to the title, and then right-click any place in the map and click "Add a placemark" option.[/size][/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][size=4]PPS: As a warning, if you are logged into your google account when you place the placemark, it will show the name attached to your google account in the details of the mark. [/size][/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font]

Edited by awiiya

• Root Admin

Im not sure this is a good idea... legally or morally.

Posting locations of where you are living, even if its only the generic town... personally i feel it would be much safer if this data was only shared between people who are likely wanting to meet up, versis the entirety of google ect...

Is this just me, or do others feel similar?

I'm thinking the same thing, keeping the marker general to region, or exact info, is a personal decision. If you don't feel comfortable sharing, no need to do so. (or send folks your info via PM, as was done with recent Holiday Card exchanges)
Overall, even if you just pin the center of your state/province/etc it's neat to see the spread of MD across the Lands of this realm.

Mirrors the realm map with player-pings, right? :D

Thanks Awiiya for creating this google map. This is just what I had in mind when I posted on Amoran's USA meetup thread.

[quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1325839130' post='100041']
[font=arial, sans-serif]PS: To add another marker, click the large edit button next to the title, and then right-click any place in the map and click "Add a placemark" option.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][size=4]PPS: As a warning, if you are logged into your google account when you place the placemark, it will show the name attached to your google account in the details of the mark. [/size][/size][/font]
[/quote]

I can't access the 'EDIT' button unless I am logged into google. Can anyone add or edit a pin without logging in?