Global Mute Button

ChildOfTheSoul

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reposted from this thread: [spoiler][url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/11008-clear-fight-log-alarm-button/page__pid__100373#entry100373"]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/11008-clear-fight-log-alarm-button/page__pid__100373#entry100373[/url][/spoiler]

I believe that there should be a global mute button for MD, mainly because I tend to do a lot of other stuff while playing. Considering the fact that the fight log alarm is broken, music can be built into scenes, and a player is notified of a chat entry with a loud "ping!", it can get kind of irritating when I'm watching television or listening to music.

Is the implementation of such a feature possible? Are there far more important features that should be implemented? Give me your thoughts and opinions, and I would appreciate some feedback on the poll I posted as well.

I think this would be an easy thing to add into the game and may help some people. :P Although, I think the same thing can be done by simply muting your computer. Plus, the 'pings' and sounds and such help me out a bit. However, I vote yes as in perhaps it is something Mur can throw in one day when he isn't swamped. :)

First of all: Ewwww, IE. >.< Second, I did some searching, and I can't find an add-on that mutes the browser or a window's flash elements. I believe that volume control might be isolated to IE, because I haven't seen it in any other browser that I'm using currently.

Even so, I would still like to see a global mute button available in MD.

Edit: Found it. It's beautiful. Still....^

Edited by ChildOfTheSoul

• Root Admin

[quote name='Axel Keravnos' timestamp='1326839880' post='101073']
If you are that worried about it then under volume control turn down your volume from say IE to zero but leave firefox and all of that still on full volume. You know volume control rocks right?
[/quote]

You are assuming that someone is using a Vista+ system. XP doesnt have this feature out the box if i am correct, Similarly with most Nix distrobutions.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1326842341' post='101075']

You are assuming that someone is using a Vista+ system. XP doesnt have this feature out the box if i am correct, Similarly with most Nix distrobutions.
[/quote]

Indeed, had that on my laptop that was on Vista. Currently on my XP computer I don't have that feature.

Bah what are you still doing with xp windows 7 upgrade stat. Also you can download similar things online unless you guys don't have virus protection as well in that case jeez what sort of wooden box would you be running :P

Just saying that there are tons of options you can take instead of waiting for a global mute button, it's a good idea but it isn't implemented yet so just making suggestions while you wait and just incase it never does get put in effect.

Edited by Axel Keravnos

Yeah, antivirus is kind of necessary.... I'm not waiting on the global mute button, just suggesting it. I have Firefox sounds down to 10% and run everything else in chrome, so it works out. I looked for flashmute before messing around with my sound settings on the computer, but couldn't find it in their add-ons. I probably didn't look hard enough, though. :P Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

CotS, there are some useful things, that are worth implementing and would make the gameplay much more user-friendly. Why do you have to promote your idea 24/7. You make me regret that I pointed you to put this into a different topic. Just link it to the "New Ideas" thread and let "Them" decide whether to use it or not.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was "advertising" it that much. I just left it in the link section of my mood panel posts. It's not like I'm looking to have the feature implemented any time soon, just something to think about.

Now I regret posting it. Will a mod please lock this topic? There are obviously other ways to mute your browser that I hadn't really considered until this topic and there is no need to further discuss the subject.

Edited by ChildOfTheSoul

[quote name='ChildOfTheSoul' timestamp='1326935960' post='101123']
Now I regret posting it. Will a mod please lock this topic?
[/quote]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Never regret posting an idea that you sincerely think would improve MD. Mmkay?

I really like the idea of a global mute button, or at least some more mute functions, in MD. As Pip said, it should be pretty easy to integrate and would really improve things for me. I like to be online as much as possible, but the sounds can get really distracting. Especially when you're trying to work :P

• Root Admin

Iv found, that unless there is a specific reason for something to be done "now" linking to it repeatedly will not make mur code it any faster :P

The only times when iv seen that repeatedly linking to a idea works and is necessary. Is when said idea has a time limit, like you are asking for something like making a location a sanctuary during a special event, and want to try and get as many people to possible to look and vote on it.