Streamlined Bulk Money Trading

Brulant

After numerous trades involving large amounts of silver coins, I wondered why there isn't a better way to do this.

We've all gone through the process of coin counting and interrupting conversations with large blocks of text that look something like this:

[b]: [/b][color=#1D6D94][i]Brulant passed Silver coin to AmberRune[/i][/color]

[b]: [/b][color=#1D6D94][i]AmberRune passed Gold coin to Brulant[/i][/color]

My suggestion is to add two new text fields boxes underneath the "Item to Give" drop-down menu in the Inventory sidebar that correspond to amounts of silver coins and gold coins. You would just enter the amount of silver and gold that you want to trade into the boxes, enter the name of the recipient, and click the "give" button (as per usual trades), and instead get a message like this:

[size=4][b]: [/b][color=#305681][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][i]Brulant passed 15 Silver Coin(s) and 2 Gold Coin(s) to AmberRune[/i][/font][/color][/size]

In chat.

Faster, less chat destructive, and you easily know exactly how much coin was transfered.

Edited by Brulant

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1327287022' post='101927']
*looks for the search button on the forum*
[/quote]

Bad Mod do not roleplay!! :))

[quote name='Brulant' timestamp='1327286811' post='101926']
After numerous trades involving large amounts of silver coins, I wondered why there isn't a better way to do this.

We've all gone through the process of coin counting and interrupting conversations with large blocks of text that look something like this:

[b]: [/b][color=#1D6D94][i]AmberRune passed Gold coin to Brulant[/i][/color]

My suggestion is to add two new text fields boxes underneath the "Item to Give" drop-down menu in the Inventory sidebar that correspond to amounts of silver coins and gold coins. You would just enter the amount of silver and gold that you want to trade into the boxes, enter the name of the recipient, and click the "give" button (as per usual trades), and instead get a message like this:

[size=4][b]: [/b][color=#305681][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][i]Brulant passed 15 Silver Coin(s) and 2 Gold Coin(s) to AmberRune[/i][/font][/color][/size]

In chat.

Faster, less chat destructive, and you easily know exactly how much coin was transfered.
[/quote]

Now, I think your idea is very good. Also we should have the abbility to do custom itc. By that i mean like one itc for 10 silver or one itc for 5 etc etc...

[quote name='Juni0r' timestamp='1327287399' post='101929']
*Beats Grido and posts*

[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/3862-transfer-more-coins/page__hl__coins__fromsearch__1"]http://magicduel.inv...__fromsearch__1[/url]
[/quote]

Darn.
So, only a year and half before I joined the game.
Circumstances have changed a little bit though and my suggestion is a little more fleshed out than Grido's. Yeah, let's go with that. :ph34r:
And I'd definitely like to see the idea revisited.

Edited by Brulant

I seem to recall talking to someone (possibly Mur, but it was a while ago, so I wouldn't say that for certain) about this, and it was along the lines of it being intentional that you send them seperately, so that you "know" how much you're sending, so to speak.

Things have changed though, that is true.

And Jun, you posted first cos I started looking through the rest of the pages of New Ideas after I found that with search :P, coulda sworn there was another thread - I reference it in the last post...

I think the reason it hasn't been done so far, is the way the system recognizes and groups them together.

For resources, it essentially becomes one item.

Where as gold/silver, the system can't tell what the next ctc is. A new one is generated every time a new coin is added. So mur would have to make considerable changes to the item console. Just for conveinence sake.

Well...
[quote='[color="#CCCCCC"]Ann. 1571 - (2010-08-04 04:50:58 - Stage 10)'][/color]
When a player gives an item to another player it will show up in chat as an action now. This will only happen for rare items, not common items like coins. The same applies when getting an item through the transfer code (ITC)[/quote]
So.... yeah.

Technically... a bug?

[quote name='ChildOfTheSoul' timestamp='1327295878' post='101940']
I remember during BHC there was a blue text interface to transfer heads. I wonder if there's a similar way to do that with silver coins. Probably not adaptable, but it seems like it might be something that eventually becomes possible. Haha, "MD of the future".
[/quote]

"Soon" ;)

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1327289611' post='101937']
I think the reason it hasn't been done so far, is the way the system recognizes and groups them together.

For resources, it essentially becomes one item.

Where as gold/silver, the system can't tell what the next ctc is. A new one is generated every time a new coin is added. So mur would have to make considerable changes to the item console. Just for conveinence sake.
[/quote]

I know there's a way to identify items by name instead of by id, so shouldn't it also be possible to check how many of that item someone has in their inventory? Can someone with more coding experience clarify this?

• Root Admin

[quote name='Brulant' timestamp='1327295990' post='101941']
I know there's a way to identify items by name instead of by id, so shouldn't it also be possible to check how many of that item someone has in their inventory? Can someone with more coding experience clarify this?
[/quote]

If MD can split items up, and does not lose any data in regards to homeland and id for one coin, it can do it for all. Therefore since it is able to successfully recall all of the data when you are transferring coins, i see no objection that it cannot do this and just send 15 or so over at once without any problems.

So i would say it is technically feasible. However that doesnt mean it will be coded :P

That's the thing, Chewett, coins do not keep their ITCs(as far as I know) when a new one is added on to it.

So, if you have 15 coins, and coin #15's ITC is 12345. When coin #16 is added, #15 loses it's ITC, and then gets "covered" up with #16s. When you trade #16. #15s is different. Again, this is just my understanding. Not tested.

• Root Admin

To transfer an item you just change the owner, you dont need ITC's :P

if each coin is an item, you just re assign X rows to the new player, if each item is an array of ids where each item name has one row, then just adjust from there for both people, removing the specific amount from the array of the giver, adding that to the array of the taker.

As i said before, if you can split them up into discrete numbers where each one never loses its homeland or ID, you can re assign them properly.

• 1 year later...