MD Free Credits can be better?

BFH

Yes it can, I have a core plan for it to change fully the concept, with part of the work done (done last time page was set off).

However, I want to hear if you have any sugestion. Talk now, because I might implement some of your ideas to my core project and we will contribute to make MD better and bigger.

:D

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1341380137' post='116659']
How about a button to activate all the vote links, for the people who want all at once? Hitting each of the buttons seperately, and always waiting for the refresh, takes lots of time and nerves, which i'd rather waste in chat than on the free creds page :))
[/quote]

With the current system would be extremely abuseable, If the new system gets fully implemented, maybe we can do that :)

remind suggestion: someting that easy (not many page to see) indicator either "voting is enable" or "next voting at xxxhxx", on first page that we use at all time (with chat one) if possible

also i am with Burns 1 button to open would be nice

also i tel that one need to open all first and then vote : because of all time it take to vote, if one dont do that it would be vote much later and much later each day ..

Edited by Tom Pouce

Hmm... since you don't vote at the same time I don't actually know if it will be asserted. But maybe we can set an indicator like announcements one (red if there's any available voting link).

not sure how viable will be, but I'll ask Mursy

• Root Admin

[quote name='Liberty4life' timestamp='1341439848' post='116713']
button to open all at once? dunt some links go invalid if they are open too long without user interaction?
[/quote]

yup

gimme some incentive to vote, i havent really voted in years because i dont have the time

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1341440169' post='116715']
yup

gimme some incentive to vote, i havent really voted in years because i dont have the time
[/quote]

Maybe you are reading part of my project :))

[quote name='Liberty4life' timestamp='1341439848' post='116713']
button to open all at once? dunt some links go invalid if they are open too long without user interaction?
[/quote]

Yes actually only one of the free creds sites have time.

The one with the 30-sec timer was the one recently removed, IIRC.

What is needed are increased rewards per vote, or an extra reward if you vote on all the links in a day, or something like that.

[quote name='apophys' timestamp='1341455500' post='116727']
The one with the 30-sec timer was the one recently removed, IIRC.
[/quote]

You see what happens when you work with so many links XD...

I need vacs :))

Just one [b][color=#0000ff]CLICK [/color][/b]the link auto [b][color=#0000ff]VOTE [/color][/b]all. but first you need to sign up because you cannot [b][color=#0000ff]VOTE [/color][/b]if you did not sign [b][color=#0000ff]UP[/color][/b]
what you think?

[quote name='SkyArmy' timestamp='1341475337' post='116734']
Just one [b][color=#0000ff]CLICK [/color][/b]the link auto [b][color=#0000ff]VOTE [/color][/b]all. but first you need to sign up because you cannot [b][color=#0000ff]VOTE [/color][/b]if you did not sign [b][color=#0000ff]UP[/color][/b]
what you think?
[/quote]

Obviously this is imposible. Just because of people that do this the new system is let say... Different *toothy smile* (sorry RP :P)

Just one another tought

whatever you do, [b]please make sure that one can get the boost of temporaty[/b] AP i[b]n between timers easy[/b]

Its a real real good thing for new players , without it its really difficult or impossible to go at places if you dont have much max ap yet

[b]and same for temporary value points[/b], for a new player to get armour or recruit creatures

• Root Admin

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1341522857' post='116781']
I'd say create an achievement if you vote successfully on all links for a set amount of time?
[/quote]

Love the idea, i would definately vote just because i like achievements :P

[quote name='Tom Pouce' timestamp='1341521940' post='116779']
Just one another tought

whatever you do, [b]please make sure that one can get the boost of temporaty[/b] AP i[b]n between timers easy[/b]

Its a real real good thing for new players , without it its really difficult or impossible to go at places if you dont have much max ap yet

[b]and same for temporary value points[/b], for a new player to get armour or recruit creatures
[/quote]

Well actually we work with the interface of free credits I won't play with any other feautures. What you ask is hard for us to implement. The countdown can desynchronize (is this a word?) anyways. Extremely hard to do. They will have to check their timers before voting...

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1341522857' post='116781']
I'd say create an achievement if you vote successfully on all links for a set amount of time?
[/quote]

Only that won't fix the major problem :P ABUSING the links (clicking and no vote :P)

Edited by BFH

• Root Admin

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1341522983' post='116784']
Well actually we work with the interface of free credits I won't play with any other feautures. What you ask is hard for us to implement. The countdown can desynchronize (is this a word?) anyways. Extremely hard to do. They will have to check their timers before voting...
[/quote]

BFH is murry's new coder, he knows all. Just get the interface to update the timer instead of assuming that its always correct, the js gets out of sync and things break. In addition if some form of static timer was displayed on the free credits page, that would always be correct as each time you reload the page, it would update, or combine both ideas and get it to update the timer when you reload and vote.

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1341522983' post='116784']
Only that won't fix the major problem :P ABUSING the links (clicking and no vote :P)
[/quote]
[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1341523265' post='116785']
You can click and note vote, but still get the stat points?! O.o

Omfg. *facepalm*
[/quote]

Really? you didnt know this? lol

Dont some of the vote sites allow you to ensure that someone has voted, and "ping" magicduel stating it, its not entirely hard, its how the paypal and everything works, but some of the voting sites dont seem that well designed :D

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1341524656' post='116786']
BFH is murry's new coder, he knows all. Just get the interface to update the timer instead of assuming that its always correct, the js gets out of sync and things break. In addition if some form of static timer was displayed on the free credits page, that would always be correct as each time you reload the page, it would update, or combine both ideas and get it to update the timer when you reload and vote.
[/quote]
Why people don't check before voting that's easier.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1341524656' post='116786']
Really? you didnt know this? lol

Dont some of the vote sites allow you to ensure that someone has voted, and "ping" magicduel stating it, its not entirely hard, its how the paypal and everything works, but some of the voting sites dont seem that well designed :D
[/quote]

That's actually part of the project :P

i quote:

"[font=Georgia,][background=rgb(249, 240, 213)]Ann. 173 - [2008-01-04 10:57:58 - Alpha 4][/background][/font]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia,][background=rgb(249, 240, 213)]Calendar now gives reward for each activity day. Once every 24h hours when you login you will receive a small reward for that activity day. Reward is different every day.[/background][/font][/color]"

with the interesting concept stated above, after the 1st statement, and together with the small perma-VE/VP bonuses, i feel so sure that people will have an appetite for voting daily if each vote grants a small, random perma-stat too..

[quote name='nadrolski' timestamp='1341997598' post='117223']
i feel so sure that people will have an appetite for voting daily if each vote grants a small, random perma-stat too..
[/quote]

Sounds good, but if we go that way the bonus should include some small amounts of honor and loyalty, IMHO.

And some thoughts about earlier posts -

I am rarely voting first because It takes time I don't have recently - thus I signed up for the monthly thing and sometimes only open the links if I need the APs or some of the temp bonuses. If I find time - vote. Sometimes I can't. The feedback for voting should really be implemented first from all, so if we don't vote we don't get the bonuses.

Secondly, and I know you said you're not working on side features Sensei, but can it be made the Regen timer to be reset once we start to vote? That way many miscalculations would be avoided. I don't know how it is with others, but I still refresh the page for 3 times to be sure, because refreshing 2 times has proven not to be trusted.

Edited by Fire Starter