Weapons with negative stat modifiers

The Warrior

My stats are abysmal (highly negative), and I'm sure others are in the same position. Because of this I no longer equip any weapons because it just makes my stats worse, surely this doesn't make any sense, a sword should make you deal more damage not less.

Therefore I propose we should either have new weapons which incorporate negative modifiers, modifications to existing weapons to give them some negative stat modifiers or change to the way the modifiers are added such that they will always increase stats not decrease. (e.g. base + [b]abs[/b](base*modifier) ).

I prefer the second option (although new weapons would be good) mixed with the third in some cases, because to me it makes sense that if you are wearing stiff or heavy weapons then your energetic immunity and briskness should be lower. Or when using difficult weaponry like a club your defence is lower.

I always wanted more diversity of useful armor in the game, but we seem to lack active artists and will to get it implemented.

Your case actually has sense. If you are so incapable of attacking, and someone gives you a sword, it wont help, it can only backfire on you... You swing it awful and somehow hit yourself x)

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]There is plenty of armor/artwork that exists but is not developed, but, I agree, it would be nice to see them implemented - and negative stat modifiers only make sense for the situation described by The Warrior.[/font]

Edited by Phantom Orchid

[quote name='stavaroiu' timestamp='1343342993' post='118326']
Nah, i think its more likely you cant swing / lift the sword at all cause your too weak. With neg stats i imagine you cant even face palm your opponent, a sword and armor makes you only more of an sitting duck.

I would love to see some new armor sets though.
[/quote]
I wouldn't say stats work that way, because you can always go 0% in a fight and your stats won't matter, so you could still potentially win.

"[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]surely this doesn't make any sense, a sword should make you deal more damage not less"

im going to have to disagree with this. if you dont know how to use a sword, and someone gives you one, your going to stab yourself.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]if you dont know how to use an armor and someone gives you a set, your going to weigh yourself down and be ineficient.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]i must say, with the way the system is now, i do believe it works just fine.[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]i would however, like to see new armors and weapons indeed.[/color][/font]

Well, tendenciosly-made-guess-to-defend-status-quo, maybe some swords are so good, that while you wield them, you feel so powerful and strong, so that your willpower and determination gets a boost, something like a placebo effect, and your creatures follow your souls strength.

in which case, when you have a great sword but don't know how to use it, you feel so weak that willpower and determination get diminished, and your souls grow weaker???

okay. Not making much sense anymore, sorry guys... :S