Applying Creature healing rituals on another One's creatures? (Plus another Idea)

Fire Starter

looking today in my Shop I was wondering what to do with all those Regen rituals, that are preventing me from other features deeper in the shop. I was thinking is it a good idea to have the ability to apply them on creatures, that aren't Ours. Maybe with the restriction "Only to MP3's", even with some AD restriction added furthermore.

I am thinking of some kind of a sign, that shines next to the name of a fresh MP3, who needs some creatures to be healed, when we choose him/her from the list of the present in the scene. Then we enter the shop, enter the name we have chosen and apply the ritual to the fresh MP3.

I know there are LHO's and Protectors, but I don't mind helping them in healing freshlings.

Maybe first we can by the feature from the shop, if we choose to use it.

After all, either way I am about to use the rituals, I prefer to use them more properly if I had the chance :)

I don't mind spending the credits as they are, but having the opportunity to help others, I'd choose it.

I know that healing your own crits is part of learning the system, so I am just hunting for other opinions on an idea, that is hovering inside my heads for around a month now.

Edited by Fire Starter

(sorry FS)

EDIT :

I'd say to have the regen rituals as items purchased from the shop (regeneration ritual tokens maybe?) instead of being directly used at once. They would have an ITC which could be transferred to whom required. :D

Edited by DARK DEMON

Just as a couple notes;
- A new player starts out with (I think) 8 free regen 'things' for their creatures.
- Depending on the age of the player, they wouldn't understand someone else is healing their creatures, as nothing has informed them of such, their creatures are just suddenly healed. It may cause confusion as to the "norm".

As for putting it on an item, or cast on another player; You will note there are requirements for buying things in the shop, the new player might not meet these requirements and so by doing this, they would be being circumvented.

It's a nice idea, but I'd need more details as to how it'd work in practice if I were to say I was in favour/against.

LE: Oh, and the indicator for MP3's which need creatures healing? It's fine for those of a nice disposition, but those that fight will see them as a weak/easy target and would therefore be more likely to pound on them.

Edited by Grido

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1350053604' post='123874']
As for putting it on an item, or cast on another player; You will note there are requirements for buying things in the shop, the new player might not meet these requirements and so by doing this, they would be being circumvented.
[/quote]

Yes, I do realize that the people to whom the regen rituals are transferred may not meet some requirements (i.e. honour or age) but I'm afraid there's nothing one can do about that.

Take an example of MP4's using MP5 crits, which work if you put hollows along. Do MP4's meet the requirements? No. Same is the case here, where some people may not meet the requirements of the regen ritual. Though even that is highly unlikely.

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1350053604' post='123874']
It's a nice idea, but I'd need more details as to how it'd work in practice if I were to say I was in favour/against.
[/quote]

Well... it would work just like any other normal item. The person who bought it would automatically receive a regeneration ritual token (could be lesser regeneration ritual token, greater regeneration ritual token, etc.). It would be transferable via ITC or just passed if the two are in the same location, regardless of whether the other meets the requirements or not (explained above).
The person in possession of it could just "use" the item like any other and automatically the respective number of creatures would be healed.

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1350055253' post='123878']
Yes, I do realize that the people to whom the regen rituals are transferred may not meet some requirements (i.e. honour or age) but I'm afraid there's nothing one can do about that.
[/quote]
Aside from not implementing the feature, you mean? And there are ways, pretty sure it wouldn't be beyond the scope of reason to suggest an age/whatever requirement for using an item, or a check or something.

It's good to suggest nice ideas like this, but whilst the vast majority would treat it as intended, there are some who will endeavour to abuse such things, for which need to be countered. I see no such countering in your idea, no "this is worthwhile to code, because..." other than because you have some spare credits (which, btw, I'm all for there being a use for, other than "wasting" them to get to the deeper levels).

There's also nothing to take into account for the fact that there are stack amounts of each, each item in the shop there is a certain amount of, which are all for a reason. If you then enabled people to put them into items, a player can continuously use the same certain thing.

There's also nothing speaking of what happens to the reduction of income to MD because the people that are getting use out of the items from you buying them, aren't buying them themselves? You've already said that you don't mind spending the credits anyway, so in a financial viewpoint, your contribution is maintained either way, the income from this other player, is not.

That, is what I mean about details.

Well, I just gave my idea. If the more experienced people who are better at making the decisions object in any sort, I of course, understand and do not wish to argue. I see your point and acknowledge that it may be abused and may not work, but at least it's something to begin with!

So keep the suggestions coming! :D

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1350060031' post='123879']
There's also nothing speaking of what happens to the reduction of income to MD because the people that are getting use out of the items from you buying them, aren't buying them themselves? You've already said that you don't mind spending the credits anyway, so in a financial viewpoint, your contribution is maintained either way, the income from this other player, is not.
[/quote]

I'm not sure this will be a problem. If people are only buying the regeneration rituals to get to the other items further in the shop, then while the new players won't need to spend to get the regenerations, they will still need to buy those regenerations before they can get those other items, so they will still end up purchasing the regenerations.

I like this idea. I think that it would encourage helping others, and maybe giving regenerations to new players may lead to other positive interactions, which are always good for the future of MD.

The potential for abuse doesn't seem too great, but perhaps more specifics are needed before we can determine that.

Oh, and they should not be able to be put into items, unless those items are limited use. That almost goes without saying.

[quote name='Ivorak' timestamp='1350063219' post='123885']
Oh, and they should not be able to be put into items, unless those items are limited use. That almost goes without saying.
[/quote]

Err... it would be one use per item, just like it buying it now gives you one direct and immediate use. The only difference would be that you can choose when to use the regeneration ritual token, plus it wold be transferable. The moment the token is used, the respective number of creatures would be healed and the token would disappear.

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='Ivorak' timestamp='1350063219' post='123885']
I'm not sure this will be a problem. If people are only buying the regeneration rituals to get to the other items further in the shop, then while the new players won't need to spend to get the regenerations, they will still need to buy those regenerations before they can get those other items, so they will still end up purchasing the regenerations.[/quote]

As Fire Starter says, he is going to pay for the regen items regardless if they get used on another player or not, and personally has no use of them. He is going to buy them so that he can get to the deeper shop levels. So whatever happens, he is going to be spending those credits on those items.

The player which the item is proposed to be cast upon, currently, would have to spend credits in the shop for the regen (aside from the free ones). Those are credits the player would not be spending had they been healed by another player. This player wants the regen items at this point, but they may not want the deeper items later on (they could also leave at some point between), there's no guarantee of it. If there is no guarantee of them wanting the deeper items, then there is less guarantee of credits being bought.

What you state would suggest a cyclical pattern, whereby every player involved a-doesn't need regens later, and b-wants the deeper items in the shop. I would suggest that it wouldn't be the case.

Ave,

First the effect of you dont need and give to new will not keep the new from buying the same stuff later when they need get to those items later in the shop.
Second i don't really see anyone abusing the regenrit and such as they are not worth the money. (Grido will you spend 80x5 dollars to give regenrits to someone or would someone pay for that?)

Edited by Miq

I see some reasonable thoughts here.

Let me address the abusability by stronger MP3's first - the ability for granting someone else a regeneration of his crits could be in the Extra features. There for it won't be visible who needs healing and who not for the majority of the MP3s.

Greedo is right about the possible lesser income of credits at first, but when we all with free credits spend our regens on newcomers, which I am sure will happen shortly after this is implemented, the previously favored MP3s will still remains with the only option to continue hunting for their own credits, entering deeper in the shop.

I am not talking about transferable items or tokens. I am talking about direct impact on players, therefor I see little options for abuse. First the Trading Inquisitor could maybe be implemented here, so alts won't benefit. Second, having no option to transfer this with the above requirements, we either end up with healing new MP3s or using the old path of just spending the credits on our crits, whether they need it or not.

I think the idea would have a little to moderate impact on the credits, since new players have less options to effectively recover creatures and our help would benefit them just a little, but not like a LHO or a Protector can.

Of course for every heal a player should receive a message, with a short log what happened.

[quote name='Miq' timestamp='1350068380' post='123894']
Ave,

First the effect of you dont need and give to new will not keep the new from buying the same stuff later when they need get to those items later in the shop.
Second i don't really see anyone abusing the regenrit and such as they are not worth the money. (Grido will you spend 80x5 dollars to give regenrits to someone or would someone pay for that?)
[/quote]
I don't really get what you're saying with the first one, but if I got it right, I refer back to - what if they don't play or want those items "later".
Where's 80*$5 from? It's been a while since I looked in there, but I didn't think there were 400 regen rits in the shop... Where there is something that can be abused, there is always someone wanting to.

[quote name='Fire Starter' timestamp='1350073884' post='123895']
I see some reasonable thoughts here.

Let me address the abusability by stronger MP3's first - the ability for granting someone else a regeneration of his crits could be in the Extra features. There for it won't be visible who needs healing and who not for the majority of the MP3s.

Greedo is right about the possible lesser income of credits at first, but when we all with free credits spend our regens on newcomers, which I am sure will happen shortly after this is implemented, the previously favored MP3s will still remains with the only option to continue hunting for their own credits, entering deeper in the shop.

I am not talking about transferable items or tokens. I am talking about direct impact on players, therefor I see little options for abuse. First the Trading Inquisitor could maybe be implemented here, so alts won't benefit. Second, having no option to transfer this with the above requirements, we either end up with healing new MP3s or using the old path of just spending the credits on our crits, whether they need it or not.

I think the idea would have a little to moderate impact on the credits, since new players have less options to effectively recover creatures and our help would benefit them just a little, but not like a LHO or a Protector can.

Of course for every heal a player should receive a message, with a short log what happened.
[/quote]
There's still issues with seeing who needs their crits healing, like having friends/alts at higher MPs who can see.

As much as I'd like to be able to afford to do that, that's not going to happen with me, it may be me being cynical, but I don't envision more than 10 people doing it more than a couple times, shrug. This also goes back to them potentially not playing later, and so the credits do not go into the system that way as I stated before.

I already pointed out every player gets (I think) 8 free regen rituals in the shop when they start.

I wonder how many MDers are paying customers (perhaps better to consider this historically when numbers of players were higher than now, since we are after a higher number of players).

When I first started MD I never considered paying for anything. It just wasn't that important to me, even if I fell in love with it immediately. I still don't pay, because I don't have much disposable income (well, no income really) but if I did, I would, because it's become an important part of my day to day life. So maybe the focus should be on getting more customers who will pay then squeezing more out out of those who probably will anyway. I don't see that many people paying for regenerations except when they've gone through some other categories and want what comes after those regenerations. Maybe I'm mistaken. Without data, it's hard to tell.

It's a wonder how this conversation has been completely steered.
This thread is just about helping others with regen rituals so that they don't go into waste! Then talks about lowering MD income and whatnot show up? Honestly, I don't even think they're worth abusing...

Take my example, as in the Daily Fruit thread, of helping out noobs in the paper cabin. You don't have time for that, which is FAR more important, but you'll have loads of time to abuse these little regen rituals?

Time and credits are too precious! This is all I'll say, for now...

Edited by DARK DEMON

It's a nice idea, truly, but everything has consequences which have to be thought about when new features are discussed. In the case of shop items, part of that is always going to be related to income to MD as that's why the shop's there, after all.

Stepping in this thread I am thinking of another, but before I post it as a New Topic, I'd like to discuss it here, where it will either lead to a New Idea, or be forgotten.

What about this - instead helping others directly, you get to choose where to donate the credits. That way you spend X credits at once, loose the selected regeneration rituals, and instead the credits go for the MD newspaper, or MD TreasureKeepers, or MD Calendar, etc.

Just another random thought, where I see even less possibility for abuse.

I should imagine hard to implement in a nice way - If you don't actually buy the item, where do you click to disappear it / pick destination for.

Nice thought though. Currently it should be noted that there would have to be more treasury fund groups implemented as I think only MDNP and LHO exist atm.