Building a character

purplebunny

Hey all :) I've started this in "Off Topic" because I don't think it's really a question what I'm asking is advice.

I've started to work on my character. Who she is, a little bit about her. Any advice you can offer me? Sensible replies please.

Thanks for reading this,

purplebunny

[color=#006400][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Nay, she wants to be a witch, right?[/font][/color]

[color=#006400][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Though rp'ing as a talking unicorn would be an interesting change :D[/font][/color]

Edited by DARK DEMON

She did ask for sensible replies... ^_^

My suggestino would be to keep consistent in your actions. Even the most extreme RP is acceptable by some, if you keep to it. Darigan is a dragon, after all, and his avatar showed that. Get an idea in your head, remember to at least keep a flaw or two, so it's not a god-modding overpowered sort,.

There are many 'types' or roleplaying here in the realm, and I consider dst as playing her role quite well, though some argue that's not "roleplaying".

and most importantly, have fun! If you are enjoying it, then it's the "correct" way to play, I think.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Well, I don't see how it's not sensible... :wacko:[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400] [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]There are people RP'ing as trees, goats and brooms too :P[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]And they do it wonderfully [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Unicorn would seem nice, no?[/color][/font] :)

[quote name='Maebius' timestamp='1356699811' post='129122']
oh, my sensible comment wasnt' directed anywhere, DD. it was more my stream-of-conscience writing since I wanted to write a novel, but stuck to something sensible and short. :)
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Just as mine wasn't directed to you, Maeb ;)[/color][/font]

Purely from a character based rp advice, there's a few things that help out to set up.
Create a little bio for yourself

Name
Strengths
Flaws

Then a certain type or characteristic to base the character around: Highly inquisitive, relaxed, aggresive, aloof
This helps to build a bit of personality around.

Often the next step involves a hook or two, some little twists in the personality like 'very friendly, but when people ask about subject x, prone to turning passive aggresive'. Just a little thing that throws things around a bit, like the plot twist in a story.

And when you get that lined out, build a bit of a history story that incorperates these aspects.

Hope this helps, it's not a tight guideline but more a bit of a basic character rp setup!