Mining/Fishing Tools

Hedge Munos

Greetings,

So, why not create mining and fishing tools? We could have pickaxes to mine for ore in perhaps the Underground. There could be furnaces to melt the ore into bars (or perhaps just use heat jars)...this could open up more armor types of things, building materials (I recall the garden needing some metals), etc.

Fishing tools could be implemented as well. Fishing poles/nets available (perhaps in Golemus or MB), where you could gather fish as a resource. Heat would be needed to cook the fish to turn them into edible items.

Just some ideas, feel free to add to or criticize.

(Edit: The mining idea was brought up in a 2010 thread, but it seems like it would be a better time for this now)

Edited by Hedge Munos

I would like to add an idea I have in mind for a long time now. Bricks made of mud or stone to build houses and structures. Stones from areas with mountains and mud could be in those areas which have no resource at all yet - MD archives, maze ...

I would love to see when we would reach a point having too many resources so that not a single player needs to deplete a resource. A full untouched resource hurts nobody but a depleted very often.

How about a complex system that will combine basic resources to create advances resources that will create "rare" resources that will create things like: a spell, a wishpoint, a creature?

I don't think that mindlessly adding resources is helpful but with a plan, something interesting can be created.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1358859011' post='131219']
How about a complex system that will combine basic resources to create advances resources that will create "rare" resources that will create things like: a spell, a wishpoint, a creature?

I don't think that mindlessly adding resources is helpful but with a plan, something interesting can be created.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]To build on that...[/color][/font].

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]There can be a shared tool at all land capitals (200 land loyalty required of any homeland) which needs resources and heat to be used. Once used it creates something, eg: A scroll item.[/color][/font] [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Get 10 scrolls in this fashion and there would be another tool at the capitals which consumes them to create a spell book. Use the spell book to learn some spell :)[/color][/font] [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]What spell you get would be assigned to each land... you can get any out of the ones assigned randomly.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]This can open up a whole new world of trading spell books, scrolls and resources too, as you can get a spell book of a different spell from each land which could not be obtained in your own land.[/color][/font]

EDIT:

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]To make this more interesting, it would be great if the required resources to create scrolls/spell books were from foreign lands. Resource-trading between lands isn't common much these days... :D[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1358859011' post='131219']

[/quote]
This is what I had been striving to do, way back when resource system was new (back when resources were limited on stuff like planks etc). I've sent some cauldron recipes too when cauldron was the system Mur chose to go with regarding item creation, to process basic resources to some advanced resource, and finally an actual end product.

It's what I'm hoping to go ahead with if my item creation stuff will be expanded on (i.e., processing mills to create planks from lumber, etc).

• Root Admin

[quote name='Udgard' timestamp='1358860890' post='131223']
This is what I had been striving to do, way back when resource system was new (back when resources were limited on stuff like planks etc). I've sent some cauldron recipes too when cauldron was the system Mur chose to go with regarding item creation, to process basic resources to some advanced resource, and finally an actual end product.

It's what I'm hoping to go ahead with if my item creation stuff will be expanded on (i.e., processing mills to create planks from lumber, etc).
[/quote]

If you sent them to mur hopeing for them to be implemented please resend them to me on the bugs@ address

I agree with dst. Too many things would make MD into... Something else. But I do fancy the idea of making complex concepts. Perhaps, a lock making ability to lock a certain scene off to all but those who have been given a crafted key. Maybe something like "building a wall" around a scene or something. Obviously this could become a abuse able, but couldn't it be made that only certain locations can be locked off? Like the out of the way areas? Also, the addition of some sort of cannon or lockpick to get around these walls and locks.

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1358859739' post='131221']
[color=#006400]To build on that...[/color].

[color=#006400]There can be a shared tool at all land capitals (200 land loyalty required of any homeland) which needs resources and heat to be used. Once used it creates something, eg: A scroll item.[/color] [color=#006400]Get 10 scrolls in this fashion and there would be another tool at the capitals which consumes them to create a spell book. Use the spell book to learn some spell :)[/color] [color=#006400]What spell you get would be assigned to each land... you can get any out of the ones assigned randomly.[/color]

[color=#006400]This can open up a whole new world of trading spell books, scrolls and resources too, as you can get a spell book of a different spell from each land which could not be obtained in your own land.[/color]

EDIT:

[color=#006400]To make this more interesting, it would be great if the required resources to create scrolls/spell books were from foreign lands. Resource-trading between lands isn't common much these days... :D[/color]
[/quote]

That sounds awesome. Would these be existing spells? Or brand new ones? And would these books be able to be used more then once to improve upon the spell?

Edit: Yes, that was my mistake. :P

Edited by Dragual

[quote name='Dragual' timestamp='1358980881' post='131302']
That sounds awesome. Would these be existing spells? Or brand new ones? And would these books be able to be used more then once to improve upon the spell?
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I'll assume this refers to my post...[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Yes, these would be existing spells. The rarer/more valuable the spell is (i.e. the deeper it is in the wish shop) the more scrolls would be needed to make that spell's spell book :D[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The difference between spell book and spell stones would be that spell books would give you 4 casts permanently, not 3 casts temporarily.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]You can get the same spell a maximum of two times :)[/color][/font]

I actually quite like Demons idea. It would give way to a new era of power, madness, joy, and sorrow. It would make life interesting again.

You have this Wolfs utmost support. It may not mean much, but you have it.

Keep going down your own road Demon, and always remember.

"To hell with all those that oppose you"

<3