TEST CONTEST

MRAlyon

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=6][b]TEST CONTEST[/b][/size][/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]DATE[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]This contest starts on 13[sup]th[/sup] day of February at 21:00:00 server time.[/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]FIGHTERS[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]All MP level (except MP1, MP2, MP7, MP8) will be able to participate and will be able to attack each other. Minimum number of fighters accepted is 5 and maximum number is 20.[/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I will divide MD realm in 2 groups that will participate in 2 different months at the same contest:[/font][/center][list]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Necrovion/Golemus Golemicarum/Loreroot/Marind Bell (February);[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]No Man's Land/Established Housings/Underground/MagicDuel Archives/Tribunal (March);[/font]
[/list]
[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]PROGRESS[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]In stage I at the start of the contest fighters will be summoned to Necrovion and they will be restricted to this land but when someone hits a score of 5k all fighters will be summoned to one of the participating lands and can only fight in that land. Stage I will finish when a fighter will hit 25k.
In stage II fighters will be able to score only Inside The Aramory and it will last 24 hours.[/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]RULES[/b][/font][/size][/center][list]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]read well the rules, because one time that you sign up withdraws will not be accepted;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fighters are restricted to the land territory where will be summoned, so if I teleport you in GG you will not use main gate or labyrinth for go out. Also places open only for some players aren't allowed, same thing for the access to locations gained with wishpoint and for the access to locations gained through story mode. If I see you in a place where you shouldn't be I will PM you why you are there and you will need to have serious proofs that isn't your fault. For example if a player that doesn't participate at the contest will teleport you out from the restricted land you will need to take a screen with trigger box (for see the teleport spell on you) and server time with the date and send it to me ([email="MRAlyon@yahoo.it"]MRAlyon@yahoo.it[/email]). If you get teleported out please PM me soon as possible, so I will summon all fighters in place. I accept screens from all players that see a fighter cheat, after I will decide what to do. I hope that who will not participate to the contest will not interfere;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Only teleports inside the restricted land will be accepted, so if you are in NML and you will be teleported to GoE there will not be problems with this;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fighters aren't allowed to jump to alliance leader if your leader isn't into restricted land, in fact if leader is in the restricted land there will not be problems with this;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fighters aren't allowed to use any kind of spells or items that will prevent other players to attack your for all contest, like ghost spell or cloak item;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]all spells are accepted, except for the ones already listed;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fighters without creatures can’t participate, since they can’t be attacked by other fighters;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fighters aren’t allowed to use illusions, since they can’t be attacked by other fighters;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]don't use bugs for cheat and if you find bugs related to BHC please let me know with all things necessary (screens etc) and I will look at it for understand if it can be a bug or normal thing and decide if send it to [email="bugs@magicduel.com"]bugs@magicduel.com[/email] for solve it;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]you can pass heads to another fighter writing this in Live Chat: *gives (amount of heads) heads to (playername)* for specific amount of heads, instead for give all your heads you should use *gives all heads to (playername)*;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]DON'T CHEAT or I could decide to don't let you participate anymore in my contests;[/font]
[/list]
[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]SIGN UP[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][url="http://magicduel.com/sitegizmo/bosscontest_signup.php"]http://magicduel.com...test_signup.php[/url] [/b][/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]TAX[/b][/font][/size][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]For participate to this contest every fighter will pay 3 silvers.[/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]NUMBER OF WINNERS[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]1[/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]STATS/VE/TOKENS[/b][/font][/size][/center]

[center][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Active[/font][/center]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]REWARDS[/b][/font][/size][/center][list]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Attack 100 ;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Defence 100;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Initiative 50;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]GG Drach;[/font]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]5 golds to the land of the winner.[/font]
[/list]

Edited by MRAlyon

[quote][list]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fighters without creatures can’t participate, since they can’t be attacked by other fighters;[/font]
[/list]
[/quote]

Players with no creatures will automatically pass their heads to the first person that attacks them (even if the "you can't attack this player" screen shows) so this is one useless rule.

[quote][list]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fighters aren’t allowed to use illusions, since they can’t be attacked by other fighters;[/font]
[/list]
[/quote]

Please see the above comment: it applies here as well.

[quote][list]
[*][font=comic sans ms,cursive]don't use bugs for cheat and if you find bugs related to BHC please let me know with all things necessary (screens etc) and I will look at it for understand if it can be a bug or normal thing and decide if send it to [email="bugs@magicduel.com"]bugs@magicduel.com[/email] for solve it;[/font]
[/list]
[/quote]

From what I see, you don't have much experience with BHC (see above) so I would recommend players to report any bugs to a competent person aka bugs@ or do what we always have done: post on the forum if the bug is not too...critical.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]dst's right. In the normal HC, I actually cast illusions on players a few times so that I could instantly take all their heads from them :P[/color][/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]And a question: while all fighters be summoned and restricted to the same land? Or will a few be restricted to GG (example) and some to Necrovion, etc?[/color][/font][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

If you are specifically summoned to a land like GG, anyone with GG land loyalty will be at a distinct advantage compared to those that dont as they will be able to move much more easily around it. What is the reasoning for having such competition in a land where this affects it?

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1360236225' post='132242']
If you are specifically summoned to a land like GG, anyone with GG land loyalty will be at a distinct advantage compared to those that dont as they will be able to move much more easily around it. What is the reasoning for having such competition in a land where this affects it?
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I thought the same thing, but since I've never seen a BHC before, I stayed quiet :)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Also, what about players with multiple land loyalties who would have this advantage in many lands?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]How about viscosity temporarily removed? :P[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1360236339' post='132243']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I thought the same thing, but since I've never seen a BHC before, I stayed quiet :)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Also, what about players with multiple land loyalties who would have this advantage in many lands?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]How about viscosity temporarily removed? :P[/color][/font]
[/quote]

The answer is quite possibly "its unfair" but i wondered if he specifically wanted to give advantage to those in his land, and specifically him, as he has stated that he will be participating... which seems even more unfair and a bad organiser really.

all will have the same possibilities...... necrovion golemus loreroot and marind are the land involved in this contest.... fighter until 5k will be teleported to necro.... after between 5k an 10k to golemus.... after between 10k an 15k to loreroot..... after between 15k an 20k to marind...after 20k always into NML

and I will not partecipate...

Edited by MRAlyon

• Root Admin

[quote name='MRAlyon' timestamp='1360236628' post='132245']
all will have the same possibilities...... necrovion golemus loreroot and marind are the land involved in this contest.... fighter until 5k will be teleported to necro.... after between 5k an 10k to golemus.... after between 10k an 15k to loreroot..... after between 15k an 20k to marind...after 20k always into NML

and I will not partecipate...
[/quote]

Not really, since some locations such as LR and MB are easy to move in, wheras GG and Necro are much harder to move in, so those with that land loyalty will be favoured.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]There are places, yes, but only 3-4 scenes.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Necro and Golemus are always above +36 in every single scene whenever I go there. :([/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

in MB... there is scene that need 200 aps for go there... a MB enters in it... a GG or NC or lore go into also and the MB figter go out spending only 2 aps... instead other fighters can't chase the MB fighter because they are without aps... loreroot have got more than 3-4 scenes with high viscosity (go and check!!!)...

don't complain please... if you want partecipate you can partecipate if you don't want partecipate and have got better ideas PM me them or email me them and we can speak about them and create another type of contest, because this will not be the only type of contest that I will run...

Edited by MRAlyon

[quote name='MRAlyon' timestamp='1360236628' post='132245']
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Can I cancel my sign up? :([/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]This makes it worse. Suppose of someone gets loads of heads, gets more than 5k score and then gets teleported and restricted to another Golemus. What about the people in Necro? Nobody will be able to chase him and steal his heads cause you can't leave the land you're restricted to. Fine, even if it is manageable to get enough heads to be teleported to Golemus, by that time the one in Golemus would have gone to Loreroot. That would make it an easy victory who just plays well at the start.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I also know that there is Stage 2, but still. [/color][/font]

[quote name='MRAlyon' timestamp='1360237537' post='132249']
in MB... there is scene that need 200 aps for go there... a MB enters in it... a GG or NC or lore go into also and the MB figter go out spending only 2 aps... instead other fighters can't chase the MB fighter because they are without aps... loreroot have got more than 3-4 scenes with high viscosity (go and check!!!)...
[/quote]
The scene you're talking about also happens to be a sanctuary, I doubt anybody would go in. Aside from that, though, there are also scenes in MB and LR (and the lab in GG) that some people do not have access to, giving those that do have access a distinct advantage.

Hey guys let's just all move this contest to the labyrinth so that none of us will have advantage from viscosity! /endjoke

In my experience with past BHC and Mini-BHC people have always used their land 'benefits' to the best of their advantage, with Loreroot/MB having near no benefits at all. However, it did 'cause them to actually go to the labyrinth where all are pretty much equal. (Unless you're completely loss.) Anywho, Eon tried removing the land advantages in one contests, well except for Passant in the Archives, but oh well. Anywho, over time if the contest is active how long would it take for however many that are participating to get the viscosity down to 0? I mean, during previous BHC even the labrynth was near there half of the time when people were being active... although if you take a step that others didn't go.. you'd be hit by viscosity, but GG and Necro are pretty not that hard to navigate through

Anywho, I thought he said
'[color=#282828]Also places open only for some players aren't allowed, same thing for the access to locations gained with wishpoint and for the access to locations gained through story mode.' @ Pip[/color]

[color=#282828]As for the illusions, in previous contests players were disqualified for using illusion/no creatures because while doing so not only could players attack you and take your heads but they can also attack you and take your head without any battle involved.. which got very annoying very quickly, specially if you just take their head, they attack you take it back and run off without even fighting your creatures.[/color][color=#282828]Edit: Not sure if this was fixed or not yet.[/color]

Edited by lone wolf pup

I will see how this contest will go so.... after I will make changes if necessary... it's called test contest for something....

however pip read rules...
Rule inside the second one:....[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Also places open only for some players aren't allowed....[/font]

Edited by MRAlyon

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]May I suggest something?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Please don't deliberately start BHC during HC again, when you know it'll cause problems... :([/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I know this has been ranted about before, but there was a choice to delay it until HC ended.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Nimrodel' timestamp='1360491725' post='132373']
yeah. He doesnt want his heads stolen by bhc players. Wanted to win it the easy way.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Nope. I was sitting there at the GoE without BHC fighters touching me for hours. I'm starting to hate your assumptions.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Firstly, I said it cause in the past, as you should definitely know (if you don't apologies), whenever BHC and HC clash, HC mostly/always ends after BHC. How long do you want it to stretch? MP4's and others are there too. It's not just you, Nim. Why must they stay like this for so long when there was an option to prevent it?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Secondly, those who don't sign up for BHC aren't meant to compete with BHC fighters in the first place for heads cause they're "too strong". Is it my fault it's too easy to win HC now with no competition? No. But that doesn't mean that the things which aren't meant to happen should happen. Why should normal HC players be forced to fight with BHC players? Tell me that before you assume like this.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

There is a problem where once BHC ends during regular HC that the trophyhill disappears. Not sure if that's still happening. @ DD Currently there's no BHC and HC is stretched and will resume being stretched due to lack of MP5s, that doesn't have to do with BHC. @ point 2 I feel out of contest participation adds spice to the contest, every BHC I've been in had some form of out of participation whether it was helping get rid of the headball, or using people out of the contest for transportation, spying what not. Oh well what do I know, time to rant about something I've had no experience with. Now where's that purple bunny that escaped out of my hat...

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1360495023' post='132378']

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Nope. I was sitting there at the GoE without BHC fighters touching me for hours. I'm starting to hate your assumptions.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Firstly, I said it cause in the past, as you should definitely know (if you don't apologies), whenever BHC and HC clash, HC mostly/always ends after BHC. How long do you want it to stretch? MP4's and others are there too. It's not just you, Nim. Why must they stay like this for so long when there was an option to prevent it?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Secondly, those who don't sign up for BHC aren't meant to compete with BHC fighters in the first place for heads cause they're "too strong". Is it my fault it's too easy to win HC now with no competition? No. But that doesn't mean that the things which aren't meant to happen should happen. Why should normal HC players be forced to fight with BHC players? Tell me that before you assume like this.[/color][/font]
[/quote]
Oh really DD? Are 5 ups and a tree too hard for you to defeat? Its the same rit Everytime. When you begged to me for the heads, i told you to steal them from me, refusing to promise to not steal them back because i wanted you to fight for it. All this with 5 UPs and an untokened tree on defence. If you dont even want to run around for the heads, then you don't deserve to win it.

Also, as i said before. If one is aiming to win the hc, they should be prepared for anything. Be it mp4s or mp5s.

[quote name='lone wolf pup' timestamp='1360495725' post='132379']
There is a problem where once BHC ends during regular HC that the trophyhill disappears. Not sure if that's still happening. @ DD Currently there's no BHC and HC is stretched and will resume being stretched due to lack of MP5s, that doesn't have to do with BHC.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Oh but it does have to do with BHC. The BHC hasn't begun, yet those who have signed up can take heads from those in the normal HC. Thus, the normal HC people have no heads cause the BHC players take them, and thus, can't get a high score to start stage 2.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Nimrodel' timestamp='1360498483' post='132382']
Oh really DD? Are 5 ups and a tree too hard for you to defeat? Its the same rit Everytime. When you begged to me for the heads, i told you to steal them from me, refusing to promise to not steal them back because i wanted you to fight for it. All this with 5 UPs and an untokened tree on defence. If you dont even want to run around for the heads, then you don't deserve to win it.

Also, as i said before. If one is aiming to win the hc, they should be prepared for anything. Be it mp4s or mp5s.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I fought long. Just cause you're unaware doesn't mean it isn't true.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]First, JadenDew used to chase me for hours and hours in the MDA, Labyrinth, GG and East even. More than 2 days I lasted without sleeping. She used to take all the heads and log out. She must've taken a few thousands...[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Secondly, when she decided to leave me alone, and I was deep in the East, there was a bug that the score and heads decreased wherever you went. It brought my score down from 4k to 400. I really wanted to quit HC then, still I kept my hopes up. Then BHC began. :([/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]EVEN after that, I started gathering heads to end HC fast cause my friends and MP4's couldn't train properly. It was more about ending HC fast rather than me winning. Some players agreed and used to give me heads to help end HC before BHC began, but it was no use. I never begged, I deny that, I merely requested you to help end the normal HC so that we could all get back to training normally. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]And I'm STILL working to get the heads.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Is that not enough work?[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

Oh yeah I forgot about that. So you're complaining about people taking heads from you through combat >> how nice. Why don't you just go idle somewhere nobody can touch you.

Edit: Back in my days.. people fought for heads occasionally to try and get first.. those days weren't that long but heyyy, they were the good days where the sun always shined and people were plenty.. good times, good times.

Edited by lone wolf pup