True / False: 4. Did the availability of gathering tools bothered you ?

No one

True / False  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4. Did the availability of gathering tools bothered you ?

If yes, then why ?
if not, then why not ?

This is part of larger investigation in "[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13853-resources-thoughts-and-questions/"]Resources. Thoughts and questions[/url]"

• Root Admin

yes - some lands are clearly unbalanced (as a side not im working with a number of players to balance out the shared item tools to make them fairer for all lands, there are big diferences between lands at the moment)

It did when I wasn't a Fusioneer. Then, the only tools I thought I could use were baskets. Herbs were depleted and I hadn't discovered the uses for them. Also, they were impossible to get unless you were quick on the draw.

I thought that various groups had their own gathering tools and, with the exception of herbs, if you weren't part of one of the groups you didn't get access to them. I agree that there is an imbalance in the value of the various gathering tools of the lands.

So many agree that tools are unbalanced, so make up a group or a topic and analize items and submit to council a proposal? We are the community and we can make any kind of effort to fix the things we believe are wrong. We can't just wait on admins becuase I doubt council will look into this without somekind of interest from the community..

I don't care

I can see how some might dislike the availability of tools such as to gather water or memory stones due to loyalty restrictions and other such things, but if you really need them I'm sure you will find a way to get some. Like, ask someone who can get the items (who knows, maybe there's a dwarf that offers some free memory stones).

I don't mind how the tools are separate and unbalanced, everything shouldn't be completely balanced or there would be no point to pick one over another. But if there is planning to balance them don't change the tools but instead change the uses for the items gathered. As in, keep the existing, but expand upon and create the new.

Edited by Mallos

yup o.o it's annoying trying to get different ones when you're in a rush and you kinda can't....o.o But again different people can help you so o.o It's not really that bad o.o....

• 4 weeks later...

[i]Since there is already a big enough discussion about resources, i don't feel necessary to create a new topic for what i'm about to say.

Since memory stones, water, now sand, etc. are limited to certain land affiliates it is quite difficult for others not affiliated to obtain any of those. While it is true that every land has the right to "rule" over their resources and do with them what they like, i still feel that others shouldn't pay 1 gold coin for a memory stone or something, just to name a value. Other than using the resources of a certain land for your own gain, i believe they were created for a different purpose. And that purpose, i reckon, is another reward people could receive when say solve a quest. Therefore, Golemus Golemicarum's population for example could come up with a repeatable quest with a reward of a memory stone. That way the population will have a certain responsibility over how they distribute their resources to other players. And that would bring up the number of quests created, which has declined lately. Moreover, repeatable quests that are always active for anyone to make.

Just a matter to think over.

Elthen[/i]

Edited by Elthen Airis

[quote name='Elthen Airis' timestamp='1365166315' post='134658']
[i]Since there is already a big enough discussion about resources, i don't feel necessary to create a new topic for what i'm about to say.

Since memory stones, water, now sand, etc. are limited to certain land affiliates it is quite difficult for others not affiliated to obtain any of those. While it is true that every land has the right to "rule" over their resources and do with them what they like, i still feel that others shouldn't pay 1 gold coin for a memory stone or something, just to name a value. Other than using the resources of a certain land for your own gain, i believe they were created for a different purpose. And that purpose, i reckon, is another reward people could receive when say solve a quest. Therefore, Golemus Golemicarum's population for example could come up with a repeatable quest with a reward of a memory stone. That way the population will have a certain responsibility over how they distribute their resources to other players. And that would bring up the number of quests created, which has declined lately. Moreover, repeatable quests that are always active for anyone to make.

Just a matter to think over.

Elthen[/i]
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]So far I have taken part in many memory stone trades and I must say, the price is very reasonable after some negotiation, if something is charged in the first place. Usually it's timeless dust (won't state the amounts) for mem stones, but once I paid a silver or two for 15+ mem stones.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]In my opinion, this type of interaction is good and develops understanding and should be promoted.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Majority of the time, all resources (eg: water) are donated by respective land members not only to me but others too. Only when the amount required is big is a price charged. I haven't seen any land rule over it's resources whenever someone needs it, though that's only what I have seen personally.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1365176368' post='134663']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]So far I have taken part in many memory stone trades and I must say, the price is very reasonable after some negotiation, if something is charged in the first place. Usually it's timeless dust (won't state the amounts) for mem stones, but once I paid a silver or two for 15+ mem stones.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

I have never had this experiance, and in the most part i have had people attempt to charge 1 silver PER memory stone, stating that "its not my fault, its GG law"

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1365178083' post='134664']
I have never had this experiance, and in the most part i have had people attempt to charge 1 silver PER memory stone, stating that "its not my fault, its GG law"
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]It obviously varies then.[/color][/font]