Side story - Adventure log

Muratus del Mur

What do you think about the adventure log story  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Root Admin

This poll will help me decide what to do with the story next. I am running out of patience to wait for others to write story and such, so i am planning to torture you with my stories from now on, in my bad english way ...if you cant stand it anymore here is your chance to shout it out :) . I am no writer, but the ideeas behind a story have nothing to do with writing as a profession. I sure enjoy to abduct players and place them in dreams or send them on impossible quests so i will keep doing that, its just a matter of how the story is presented and that will change based on your feedback.

Story also will have a greater impact on the game itself but about that i will write a different post ... no spoiling now.

Please vote so i can understandd what you think about it and change what can be changed.

Hmm.. I voted "just fine" for speed before the faster option was added, and I probably would have picked faster.

But thinking again, it's alright now. There's more than one update a day, and on most days I'm not on for a long period... wouldn't want to go through the minor hassle of looking at the adventure log instead of the sidebar.

It is very noticable that there are more players involved in the writings so far. It is because of this the storylines miss some kind of unity and makes the story seem to go from one event to another in random ways sometimes.

It is also this randomness that makes it fun to read but very confusing :P

To every writer involved so far, I'd like to say just keep writing and know that the majority of the people appreciate your efforts.

I would find the stories easier to follow if there was an option allowing you to read all the entries of one particular story at a time rather then having them all mixed together and fragmented.

Just wot i was thinking, couldn't have said it better myself:)

It is very noticable that there are more players involved in the writings so far. It is because of this the storylines miss some kind of unity and makes the story seem to go from one event to another in random ways sometimes.

To every writer involved so far, I'd like to say just keep writing and know that the majority of the people appreciate your efforts.

My dear,

There is only one person writing the story.

It seems to be randomnes because u, the players have chaned it.

EG: BigC where supposed to die in the story, but the players made a support group for him and also prayed for him and he got new forces so he couldn't die anymore. = change of story.

My dear,

There is only one person writing the story.

It seems to be randomnes because u, the players have chaned it.

EG: BigC where supposed to die in the story, but the players made a support group for him and also prayed for him and he got new forces so he couldn't die anymore. = change of story.

-Smiles-

That is what I ment with more players involved in the storyline. Because of other player involvement and there input the consistency of the story sometimes is a bit off :P..

Exactly, but it is merely your interpretation of words and sentences. Perhaps you are simply getting me wrong.

Back on topic this thread is about the storyline and not how you interpret what I say.

I corrected u since u said something wrong so that the users don't get the wrong idea.

And i don't remember u to be the admin or one of the mods to tell me or to tell back to the topic.

And if u don't think that speaking about the story is none of the topic i think u should reconsider it.

When i say more pl writing i mean more are writing at the same story. If u are some kind of poet and speak in riddles or stuff like that announce pls.

I hereby declare I am able to drop the matter. Can you?

:P I simply don't remember why I deserve an attack on my way of writing.

I must have sinned against an unwritten rule... -checks the rules-

I simply correct the wrong infos.

not exactly on topic but ...http://xkcd.com/386/

*not meaning to be harsh, the comic is just really funny

i like the speed of the storyline, i'm usually on enough to read it off the side without opening the box up, so it's fine for me

i love it that noone voted 1 on the rating :P

hey calm down

akasha i definitly right about this beacuse when i read the aurinia post i thinked there is multiple writer (well i know that only one writer is there) but it could make people get the wrong idea

oh i nearly forget plz make the story faster :P

When I was reading this, I really did think you were talking about there being multiple writers, not the amount of players in the story.. "every writer" is plural, and you talk about writing the story. I think Akasha thought the same thing and wanted to make sure you and others knew that only Manu is writing it. Just so that you know, she isn't saying that players went through and edited the story, changing the details directly. The players make their own actions (the support groups supported BigC and solved STF's riddle) and Manu adjusted the story to fit them, which is why Akasha said it may seem random and unplanned. When she says "wrong info," she refers to your statement that there are several writers.

In any case, if it's all cleared up about the fact that there is only one writer, then there is no point in continuing. There was a misinterpretation on either Akasha's or your part (I personally think you didn't understand what she was saying about "player involvement" and she didn't understand that you didn't understand and thought you were changing what you said), so if it is solved then there is no point in deciding whether each of responses can be perceived as attacks on each other.

As for me, I don't find it hard to differentiate which of the story's branches is going on when an update is posted, if that's what you guys mean by confusing. (:

It also seems like the branches are more connected than random for the most part, except for maybe SmartAlek's dragon people branch, but it will probably relate to the rest of the branches somehow later... As for the randomness feel because of how the branches turn out when the players participate, I haven't really felt it a lot, probably because I'm already considering that the players are participating or something of the sort~. The players being able to affect the story is fun. n_n

Also, I think it would be great if the stories and updates were written with people that have better English than Manu (not to offend Manu), but in the end the content/plot of the story is the same and still understandable, so I don't/wouldn't mind since it's good enough and that makes him (and other players, probably) feel less anxious and bothered by the pace.