rainwater and bushies

i would agree as well, not to mention how unavailable water is to most people, rainwater makes bushies more accessible and fairer to the people who want to raise the skill, i would even go as far as saying that it almost makes gardening MB exclusive,and it would give rainwater a use in the process 

/Sy

Maybe this is offtopic I'm almost sure, but I'll answer it. Rainwater can be collected via a "rain collector" or a "improvised rain collector". You can get those tools and capitals.

Also I don't think rainwater should be used. Buckets are free to grab from MDA. And rainwater will have a greater purpose. (Maybe flooding MD or something :D)

Also I don't think rainwater should be used. Buckets are free to grab from MDA. And rainwater will have a greater purpose. (Maybe flooding MD or something :D)

Buckets are not free, not even in MDA.

They are difficult to get if you don't have the required AP / knowledge on how to get there.

They are even more difficult to get because MB ppl protect / grab them.

And then ... do you think that having a bucket will generate water for you ?

The cool down for the "free" buckets is about 66 minutes where the other MB buckets is at 8 minutes ( I think ). So, how much water do you think you will get with one "free" bucket after just 2 hours of resource reset ?

the cooldown for the MDA buckets is 23 minutes, which is over 4x slower than the MB buckets, not to mention to actually have a good chance of grabbing any water at all you need to be awake at, or near reset to stand any chance, i would start gathering water at reset and only manage to get between 12-15 water per day because of it being slow and people from MB showing up (not pointing blame, just telling my experiences with water) 

Rikstar, its not about every resource being easily available, im actually okay with water being MB only, its the fact that bushies need a resource that is hard to get for every non MB land, MB can have its water, they do have the guild for that, but to be the only land that gets easy access to bushies as well? just by proxy? to me that hardly seems fair, bushies are in NML, it would make sense for anyone to be able to have easy access to them

/Sy

Water can be bought, Water Dowsers established a price (1 silver per 5 water I think, with some decreases per larger orders), although I suspect you would like some long term deal that will not drain your coffers.

So, offer a service in return? We help you with water so you can work on the bushies, you help Marind Bell with resources we can't get.

Every Mainland has a monopoly on a specific resource, water is one of the most used resources though (but there are those free buckets).

As a side note there is still no concrete use for water, other than for tea (and perhaps some other mixture I am not aware of).

i already did the math on that price, it would cost 800 silver to get the 8 gardening needed to get access to one of the new buckets, and there is still no use at all for rainwater, and i did speak to nad and there is no drop off in price for larger quantities IIRC

/Sy

@Syrian: Well like I said, offer something equivalent in return. 

If you had access to the buckets, you would have to collect the water to get to that gardening.

Collect something different (but first talk to Nadrolski to see what would be acceptable) and do the trade. Have you tried finding a compromise?

@Dark Demon: I'm not the one calling the shoots about this, please speak to Nadrolski about your offer.

The question still is not answered. I think its LOGICAL that you grow bushies with rainwater. Otherwise there are other questions to be answered:

- is the rainwater toxic so its not good for growing plants? (if yes..poor MD when it is raining)

- what can I use the rainwater for?

If somebody can give me an answer that makes sense - I dont even mind MB monopoly, because many lands have "monopoly" on different things like bones or memory-stones detectors. But as it is now, it is just strange.

They are even more difficult to get because MB ppl protect / grab them.

they were, and not are, difficult to grab before, because MB people were protecting them from people doing Water depletion; and to be honest, even us also had more difficulties protecting them because of several events teleport spells threw us away from the scene. THAT is how i define difficult, No one.

back on the topic, i support your idea for Rainwater be used to grow Bushies too, but not as the same quantity required as Water, more amount, to be specific. It is because..

[Spoiler]

when it rains, someone with a Rain Collector and/or Improvised Rain Collector gets more, i mean MORE, than what a water harvester gets. if you know what i mean.

[/Spoiler]

EDIT:

and Rainwater never get depleted. harvest all you can while dancing in the rain!

Edited by nadrolski

Correction: Indeed it is 23 minutes

Thank you Syrian: yes it seems like the "shared to all" buckets are 4 times slower then the "shared to MB" buckets.

Also there are 3 "shared to all" buckets and like 20 "shared to MB" buckets.

That is only to complete a bit the picture.

More buckets are also being considered.

I do hope that their location will be more accessible then MDA and will be shared to all (hopefully all but MB).

they were, and not are, difficult to grab before, because MB people were protecting them from people doing Water depletion; and to be honest, even us also had more difficulties protecting them because of several events teleport spells threw us away from the scene. THAT is how i define difficult, No one.

I am sorry Nad, I didn't knew that you stopped getting those shared (for all) buckets. But I thank you Nad for validating that I was correct in my statement (at least until some time recent as you say).

And if that is (ok, was) the only way to grab a bucket (use of "several events teleport spells") from you then I guess that not many ppl used those tools to collect water.

I am glad that I managed to break your embargo and I really did felt sorry for those that we had to send away and were not under your control.

@Rhaegar Targaryen: Considering the profit from selling water for under monopole, there is no point on lowering the prices.

(+1 Syrian)+     True, "800 silver to get the 8 gardening" is not acceptable and the rates of resource exchange is also not acceptable.

So, unless there are some changes, those Gardening tools are still seen as exclusive items for MB for a very long time.

I know that together we can break any monopoly.

as i said, you used (and most likely will continue to, after "Eon" returned) teleport spells not only to us but also to non-MB people, drained almost all water sources in the realm, and still you stand by your words of us giving you difficulties in grabbing those MDA buckets?

LOL

you do not know what you are talking about.

and you are glad to break my embargo blah blah?

just to let you know, before you continue on assuming a lot of things and speak as if you are always just and correct, we weren't really selfish about sharing Water to others, we were concerned on who will handle those tools. and sans the presence of your former boss heads master, we never out-grabbed non-MB people for those MDA tools, and we never had problems with preservation of water when those tools were used by others.

we practice what we preach.

can we discuss monopoly on ressources in another topic? this one was made to draw attention of the community to the question of rainwater and its use. I agree with nad that bushies may need a more rainwater than normal water (even if logically that is a bit weird), but its important to leave some priviledges to water dowsers, otherwise the guild loses its main purpose.

@Eara:

can we discuss monopoly on ressources in another topic? this one was made to draw attention of the community to the question of rainwater and its use. I agree with nad that bushies may need a more rainwater than normal water (even if logically that is a bit weird), but its important to leave some priviledges to water dowsers, otherwise the guild loses its main purpose.

You are right, please forgive this additional reply. I hope one of the mods will move these offtopic posts and put them in another topic.

@No one:

@Rhaegar Targaryen: Considering the profit from selling water for under monopole, there is no point on lowering the prices.

Actually there is, because of the lack of buyers. You haven't responded to my (and Chewett's) question about your focus on MB resources, rather than general resources because every mainland has a monopoly on something (I didn't see any location for memory stone tools grabbing like there is for non-land-affiliated water tools in MDA for example).

I guess I should usurp your own occasional approach on these matters and attack you personally while avoiding to address the actual problem - to disregard your request as it is lead by personal needs (your wish to get gardening skill and control over anything you can) rather than objective MD-improving motivation, which makes you focus on water as it is related to your desires.

The concept that is applied on water and MB is the same concept that is applied everywhere else in this realm. I think I repeated myself like 3-4 times already.

I'm not a factor on this subject, but if I were, I would be very willing to discuss this problem and work to solve it, so I assume it is the same case with Chewett and Nadrolski, but not under someone's pressure lead by greed.

• Root Admin

@Eara: apologies, but i want to say this so everyone remembers and knows

As i have said before we are looking into trying to balance the resources. I have contacted a couple people to help me do some investigation but it appears people dont want to help, i shall have to make another forum post when i have time.

Resources need more balance, and they will, we just need to get some stats and do some legwork first.