Name a new skill related to viscosity

Empathy

:  the imaginative projection of a subjective state into an object so that the object appears to be infused with it

:  the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner; also :  the capacity for this

"Viscosity is what starts to surround areas that begin to become forgotten, isolating them slowly from reality."  By working to remove viscosity we are in effect bringing parts of MD back into existence/remembrance.  The skill gets reduced ("weakened") when used, and this should be reflected in its name."

When travelling through these areas with high viscosity, we become empathetic of the area, and pay attention to how it has been abandoned, and we begin to pay more attention to the area, essentially remembering it, and bringing it back to reality. After we've gone back and forth through the area so many times though, we lose our empathy for the area because it's no longer an effort to travel through the area, it becomes more of just a background scenery.
Edited by Intrigue

• Root Admin

Very nice ideas i see here. Some of you saw this from the perspective of the effect itself, some from the perspective of what is changed, some from the perspective of how the player changes..

The most from all i like VOLITION (suggested by mralyon), it means basically willpower and i think it fits best and has the widest possibility of using it in various other places also. Perseverence fits too but wouldn't fit that good with item creation, at least not in my mind. Tom pouce suggested here last that this could be named exploring and that would make sense with the use of exploring points in place of ap when it comes to viscosity. This might make sense, but so far nothing has been decided on that topic yet...plus exploring means discovering also and lowering viscosity is not about discovering is about maintaining.

congrats MRALYON, this will be announced when implemented. You can claim your gold from me when you see me in-game.

Apparently this was a success, i will do this more often (consult you for such concept additions). :)