greetings all

as you can see on the moodpannel i'd like to rise to mp6

however I'd like to voice a few thoughts on this matter

i do see our population is small and it might not support two

but im willing to take that try

if it shows that our playerbase can't support two mp6, i will step back

to secure Syrian's spot i kindly ask all her adepts to remain hers

if you would move that might leave us without a protector

during them time im gathering adepts i might ask my adepts to support Syrian to prevent her from dropping if necessary, her prot.list is rather large now and it would be a shame to lose that

where do i plan to get support:

- im kindly asking for help from those people who are adept of someone who was among us long ago, (i know you want to honor him/her, but there are other ways, and by supporting a curent mp6 you are helping the community)
- those who have chosen not to become someon's adept, i know you have done this on purpose, but see that im trying to help the community here, and in this process i could use your support

- it's a pitty that i have to say this, but your alts can help us, the community, in this project too

- and of course from our newer members :D

this might not be the perfect place to put this but could it be possible to lower the amount of adepts to rise up to 20? our current playerbase is not that great to support multiple protectors as it is, while help is needed, or should always be available

*Sunfire*

In these tough times a new rising mp5 wishing to become mp6 should have some sort of "goal", especially when there is already an existing mp6. There has been much discussion about how an mp6 should be a Pillar of the Community and not just be a good healer and caster, Syrian will outclass you with her higher followercount at that. A good metaphor would be that of a politician... If you were a "political leader" in MD what values would your "partymembers" (adapts/worshippers) support you for?

I'm not saying you shouldn't go for it, but have a REASON too.

this might not be the perfect place to put this but could it be possible to lower the amount of adepts to rise up to 20? our current playerbase is not that great to support multiple protectors as it is, while help is needed, or should always be available

why keep lowering it? why not increase playerbase? in adepts page it says following: "You do not have any adepts yet. Send your referer link to your friends to join the game so that you can have them as adepts."

I think one should take that as first step then look ingame for more adepts

why keep lowering it? why not increase playerbase? in adepts page it says following: "You do not have any adepts yet. Send your referer link to your friends to join the game so that you can have them as adepts."

I think one should take that as first step then look ingame for more adepts

i have done that, in my group of friends,i managed to get one person here who left after a day, people nowadays are too hooked with those fancy graphics and complicated systems

our community is a special one, you need a "different" thoughtpattern than the average gray people (which i see as a big plus)

our realm is only growing slowly so i am being realistic, if the curve continues we wont have the change to get a second prot.

as to a purpose, Rophs

my goal is that with my help, through any form i can, that i will encourage people to stay so that our playerbase can grow again.

what i want is to bring back live into this realm.

i am not a marketer who can draw mass population, but i can do my very best to encourage them to stay here.

ah well okay then, my alt can adept you :P

but I don't understand all the old players are saying how MD used to be so much more populated. What happened? Why playerbase dropped? If we know that or if we are able to figure that out would we then be able to solve that problem? I just don't believe that other games with fancy graphics and "complicated systems" are the reason for this, they were present before too

Graphical games are part of the reason, but definitely not all of the reason. I play(ed) lots of MUDs/text games, and the playerbases in many of those are declining as well. However, people still join muds/textgames.

See, MD is competing with other roleplaying games/sites that allow for freeform roleplay and world building. Personally, one of the main reasons why I haven't quit MD is because of the philosophy behind it AND the ease of creating player quests/etc. If you just want a game that allows player quests, there are dozens of games other than MD for that, and not everyone cares about philosophy.

as to a purpose, Rophs

my goal is that with my help, through any form i can, that i will encourage people to stay so that our playerbase can grow again.

what i want is to bring back live into this realm.

i am not a marketer who can draw mass population, but i can do my very best to encourage them to stay here.

Can you provide any specific examples of how you will do this?

listening and helping all the new ones

answering questions if they have some

casting spells if needed

giving guidance and a listening ear

in general being there for them

as you can tell im mostly at the crowded locations, GoE, MDP, LHO path

But Sunfire, as Rophs pointed out earlier, anyone can do this.  While being a protector gives you a few more spells to cast, there's really no point to it unless you use it to some end. 

So I'll repeat the question in my own words: why you?

Do you seek to overturn a delinquent king? Do you wish to see the empty aramors free? Or would you rather control them yourself (as suggested in Ann. 773)? Do you want to bring back the sparring grounds?  Would you consort with shades? Or rain fire upon Loreroot?  Summon homunculi? Raise a skeletal army?  Hang Jester by his toes?

These are but examples.  But what I'm saying (and this is something I've discussed with Change and other protectors in the past) is that I want protectors to have a motive.  You're not here to be a glorified LHO or something, but a leader of a faction.  It's not all about what you can do for everyone else.  There's that, but it's got to be give and take.

I implore you, do something interesting.

From Falronn's thread:

YOU want to do something that instead of HELPING the community will divide it and instead of having the 2 protectors I was talking in my first post, we might have none at all. 

How come you want to be protector?

I am assuming this applies here as well, and also applies more generally as the question for a protector in a realm that already has a protector (or more).  Why do you feel your cause is important enough to faction an already divided realm?

(is it accurate to look at protectors as they exist now as an implementation of the factions idea that was abandoned in an earlier stage?)

But Sunfire, as Rophs pointed out earlier, anyone can do this.  While being a protector gives you a few more spells to cast, there's really no point to it unless you use it to some end. 

So I'll repeat the question in my own words: why you?

Do you seek to overturn a delinquent king? Do you wish to see the empty aramors free? Or would you rather control them yourself (as suggested in Ann. 773)? Do you want to bring back the sparring grounds?  Would you consort with shades? Or rain fire upon Loreroot?  Summon homunculi? Raise a skeletal army?  Hang Jester by his toes?

These are but examples.  But what I'm saying (and this is something I've discussed with Change and other protectors in the past) is that I want protectors to have a motive.  You're not here to be a glorified LHO or something, but a leader of a faction.  It's not all about what you can do for everyone else.  There's that, but it's got to be give and take.

I implore you, do something interesting.

How many protectors have done that in the past? are the current protectors doing it? I'd want a protector simply because I want to increase my loyalty score and get a free ride occasionally. Lets say I don't want to give my heat to a protector from necrovion and therefore I don't want to worship syrian. But eagle eye is too inactive to be of any use as a protector... So yes.. I would want sunny up for that purpose. I don't care if sunny wants to be the protector to paint the drachorns red or to revive marind. I just want to increase my loyalty score so that my heat doesn't get wasted. And most people worship protectors for that reason :P

Edited by Nimrodel

So the protector title is more of an auxiliary function, a so-called "public good"?

And why do you care if Syrian has heat?  What good does it do her?

LOL She gets to cast some cool spells and make some really cool spell stones if she has enough number of adepts and worshipers. Being from Necrovion that is an asset to Necrovion. I don't want that :P I'd prefer it go to loreroot instead. Even if she gives away the spell stones to lets say xyz, it works in favour of her name and fame which is in turn a plus to necrovion. See... My point is, I can concoct N number of reasons like that for me not wanting to worship her. That doesn't mean she is a bad person or a bad protector. She is simply not my first choice. She is my current choice because there is no better alternative. Neither does it mean that I am against her motives (whatever those might be. I never asked) It simply means I want to worship someone who is more convenient for me and my motives rather than theirs.

Edited by Nimrodel

So far since mp3 I've been adept of 'myself' - and after careful thinking I think I'll change to Sunfire. It was a very very difficult choice :D. Though it's just support for your advancement to mp6, I don't know you well enough (neither Sy) to have more reasons but I'm sure that will change sometime.

Lets see if we have enough people to have two protectors constantly, if we do, and Sunfire here goes mp6, then so be it. Lets see how it goes and if it goes well then no problem, if he can't stand up to his words and people are not satisfied there's always the option of changing your mentor, in a few seconds.

Edited by Andur