Principlies vs Forces

Some of the Magic Principles that Mur claims are the foundation of MD 

List of principles, lazily copypasted for the lazy:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Light and Darkness are FORCES which oppose eachother, often displaying the PRINCIPLES of Cyclicity and Balance. Another example of FORCES which act together and against would be Entropy and Syntropy, once again displaying the PRINCIPLES of Cyclicity and Balance.

I'd like to see some discussion, I know there are certainly minds reading this that have some input.

Feel free to agree, tell me why I am wrong, flame, etc.

I'm afraid few words can't really describe what a principle is about, I'd suggest those interested to read Mur's book or at least the principles' description on the homepage.

That said, you are just replacing the word "principle" with "force", which is imho less appropriate. 

I'm afraid few words can't really describe what a principle is about, I'd suggest those interested to read Mur's book or at least the principles' description on the homepage.

That said, you are just replacing the word "principle" with "force", which is imho less appropriate. 

The same could be said about gravity. People noticed that things tend to fall down, they didn't understand why but they knew it happened, much like a principle. Fast forward some and now we have the universal gravitation equation and we understand exactly how every single object displays this principle of gravity in relation to every other object and we know exactly how much force every single object exerts on every other object because of this principle.

Hmm, maybe my original idea is a bit convoluted, nonetheless I will keep it here because one man's trash is another man's treasure.

• 5 months later...

I understand how Light and Darkness could be forces, as well as entropy and syntropy. They certainly are forces, but I think there is relevance in their designation as principles, because they extend beyond their physical components and have applications in mental and social (among others that my brain is refusing to offer up just now) spheres. I think the main difference between a force and a principle is whether or not it sits in a physical or mental category. However, reality seems very tied up in a mental, and therefore philosophical, nature. Since we perceive everything through the mind, is there truly a difference between a force and a concept or principle? I think even the most mundane physical things have their philosophical counterparts. I think that reality is more a principle than it first appears to be.

• Root Admin

it is nice and interesting how well you could describe principles in a few words (even if time principle confuses me!)

Principles are more like habitats where forces could manifest a certain way, not forces on their own.

Edited by Muratus del Mur