CoE Resurrection - Still possible?

Is it still possible to bring this alliance back?

If yes, then I am more than willing to dedicate myself to it and rebuilding it, restructuring if necessary (I shall need to document myself properly first, to read all of the alliance's old lore, which I may have forgotten), recruiting and, if I shall be permitted, leading it.

Should the answer be YES, then I will work on a full manifesto as to why I want it back and my plans for it.

If it is impossible (due to it being deleted permanently or something as it was abandoned a year ago, I think?), then please respond so. I am only interested in "NO" if it cannot be brought back due to game mechanics or restrictions that I am unaware of. If this information is already posted somewhere, then I apologise for creating a futile thread. I tried looking for it but I must've missed it.

I shall suppose I need either someone from the Council or a Mod to confirm this, though anyone with the knowledge is more than welcome to reply.

• Root Admin

Yes

The Loreroot council was previously given the option to recreate the alliance. For this they were required to produce a list of (active) members that would join the alliance, demonstrate some knowledge of what the alliance was and will be, and have some plan for it to continue.

This plan should include events and other things that reflect what the alliance is and will be.

Successfully showing that the alliance can function without being officially ingame (aka without a badge) will then mean that a social convention can turn into an official one. The alliance would need to function for a period of time without it being official.

This is the same set of requirements as given to the Loreroot Council and they decided they would not follow through with this plan, So I would talk to them first Aeo.

Thank you for the information, Chewett. I shall gather what is needed and work on my manifesto in the meantime. If any former CoE members, or new ones that would be interested in joining see this, please PM me (this does not mean you're automatically in, though, keep this in mind. Don't get me wrong, I will welcome old members, yet I must make sure our goals are the same and that the activity requirement is met).

• Root Admin

As a note, "Active" members means that they are actually in MD doing things. Not members that have just popped into MD for a week or so and will quickly disappear.

Any members that "come back" and actually do stuff, are of course ok. But there were issues last time where CoE claimed they had a large number of active members, many of the names I had not seen in months.

As a note, "Active" members means that they are actually in MD doing things. Not members that have just popped into MD for a week or so and will quickly disappear.

Any members that "come back" and actually do stuff, are of course ok. But there were issues last time where CoE claimed they had a large number of active members, many of the names I had not seen in months.

and havnt been around since :P

Sy

I'd offered help to the CoE for restoration.  I was told they wanted to "earn" it back.  I'd been asked later by a different member of the former CoE how to restore it.  I explained to that person what was needed.  Never heard back after that.

Help was offered to them by Loreroot leadership.  I offer it again.

So the GotR leaders are ok with its most recent member openly stating that they are ready to ditch GOTR if another alliance is given into their hands? Plenty loyalty there... I believe DD wasnt treated that kindly when he wanted to bring back CoE... Partiality? PR? No standards? What is it this time?

Edited by Nimrodel

I think that most of CoE's core is truely inactive now, except maybe Phantom Orchid who is less inactive due periodical status updates.

I would like to see CoE around again very much, but this would not be the CoE, it would be a different ally with the same symbols, kind of like the Savelites Church, when it was always a different ally as the leaders changed (as well as the people in the ally).

If you proceed with this, Aeo, try not to make the alliance yet another in the series of "minimal requirements for the ally not to get disbanded, no activity at all", I hope you have a clear idea what you want to do and that you are sure that this would help you with the concept "enjoying the game I'm playing", which would also apply on your hypothetical future co-ally people, rather than in the end, it just being the matter of you maintaining an alliance, a memory - in that case it would truly be better off without the ally, better for you on many levels, better for the realm in the fight against dispiritedness and apathy.

Thank you all for your support, comments and even criticism.

I believe all your questions are addressed in my manifesto. I will read through it once more to ensure that is true. The manifesto itself is currently undergoing internal approval. I will update this topic as soon as it is done, hopefully, with the manifesto rather than news that it was not approved. 

I dare not say more at this very moment in reply to Rhaegar - you will be able to judge for yourself once you read my full plans. I understand your concerns and I hope that my plans do not confirm them; I cannot judge this objectively, as they seem perfectly sound to me, however I will let everyone judge once they are approved.

As for Nim, I do not think I am the one who should be responding to that. If any higher ranked Lorerootians wish to reply, whether to support or not, then please feel free to.

I'd offer my support, but the past has made me decide otherwise.

Last time I decided to revive the CoE left me want to leave Loreroot or even MD for a moment, so its best if I continue trying to forget about it.

The "CoE" which was in the past can never be the same, even if revived (which of course would be great), unless the former members return and stay active. We tried the hard way as well as the easy way in the past, both failed.

• Root Admin

If you proceed with this, Aeo, try not to make the alliance yet another in the series of "minimal requirements for the ally not to get disbanded, no activity at all", I hope you have a clear idea what you want to do and that you are sure that this would help you with the concept "enjoying the game I'm playing", which would also apply on your hypothetical future co-ally people, rather than in the end, it just being the matter of you maintaining an alliance, a memory - in that case it would truly be better off without the ally, better for you on many levels, better for the realm in the fight against dispiritedness and apathy.

They would need to do more than that to get the alliance back with a badge :)

"Anything" is possible so long as the one/s deciding chooses to make it happen. And in that regards "nothing" is possible for those who have garnered their disfavor.

I will not attempt to be involved with such decisions again in MD; however, the CoE does have a rich and varied history.

There are still memories rich like gardens; rituals, lesson, and song. Sacred places.

The CoE lived before before we had badges, as, in spirit, it has 'survived' afterwards. It's just unfortunate that many of my kin have been run out of the realm by a certain weasel with powerful strings.

• Root Admin

"Anything" is possible so long as the one/s deciding chooses to make it happen. And in that regards "nothing" is possible for those who have garnered their disfavor.

Whats the difference between not trying, for fear or failing, and failing?

Nothing at all. But in actuality if you dont try, you never have the chance to succeed. By all means follow Phantoms logic, but that is the reason she will never accomplish anything else in MD. She reasons that because she will probably fail, she shouldn't try. This is the attitude that will kill MD. Not people like Aeo trying things.

For that I salute Aeo. He has my greatest respect.

The CoE badges were taken when there were 6 core alliance members still active... and multiple attempts were made to 'earn' the badges back (even though they were taken nefariously, but that's another issue). When Pip hijacked the alliance, I cursed it in game, but I was in a way thankful for it. It solidified our resolve, plans were developed and hatched to reclaim them, and we began performing more rituals. However, despite increased activity, and despite reaching out multiple times to 'the gods' of MD with a list of active players and activities, we were never given the opportunity to reclaim them.

Because the system is rigged, and the gods favor the favored. And Chewy, we're talking about the viability of the CoE badges coming back - please stop trolling.

Edited by Phantom Orchid

• Root Admin

The CoE badges were taken when there were 6 core alliance members still active... and multiple attempts were made to 'earn' the badges back (even though they were taken nefariously, but that's another issue). But the system is rigged. And Chewy, we're talking about the viability of the CoE badges coming back - please stop trolling.

Then you don't have to try and help. Others can and I applaud them and will help them do so. Much has changed since then Phantom, Have you?

As for "Please stop trolling" I'm being deadly serious, I will give the badges and alliance back myself if I see some effort and it looks like this time it will actually happen.

Just because you failed to appease the previous rulers doesn't mean it will not change. Previously council and now I have set out specific guidelines to reclaim it. You didn't get involved with this previously and as mya said, they talked to CoE members but no one actually got back to them.

Edited by Chewett
Spelllings are important lol

I second chew in applauding those attempting to make change, for a happier and healthier MD. And those attempts come in many forms. In this case, a revival.

If we were all told "no we can't do that" and asked why and got told " it's because you cant" we would get no where.

Phantom, please stop begrudging people for trying to make change because of the past you aren't willing to let go. As chew says, things have changed. And I would like to think so.

I'm a bit confused now, so Aeo wasn't a member of CoE before? If so what is the reason behind this revival if it won't be anything resembling the old ally. If you want your own ally wouldn't it be better to form a new one rather than use a carcass of dead one if it won't have it's identity? I'm confused :S please explain.

I'm a bit confused now, so Aeo wasn't a member of CoE before? If so what is the reason behind this revival if it won't be anything resembling the old ally. If you want your own ally wouldn't it be better to form a new one rather than use a carcass of dead one if it won't have it's identity? I'm confused :S please explain.

Aeo was GotR. Kicked out for lack of activity I think. Then he went to SI. He got kicked out for something I dunno what. Now he's back to GotR. I hope I am correct.

No, allow me to clarify this. 

The first ever alliance I was in was CoE. I worked quite a lot to get in there, and I enjoyed every moment I had there. This is my very first time in the GotR.

Due to a temporary disagreement with the leadership of the CoE at that moment, I decided on my own will to leave. Citizenship was not available at that point, so I sought a new home, which I found to be the Shattered Illusions. I get mixed feelings about that time, but nevertheless, dst can confirm that I was kicked out because, to paraphrase, to her 'I was just a puppet from the beginning'. I try not to bear grudges (though I would lie to say I am perfectly fine with what dst did, I am not in a position to judge) and try to see the bright sides of those times too.

That's when I first left the game

When I returned, I was pretty much ignored by most of my friends in Loreroot, or at least it felt that way. I turned to Marind Bell and was a member of the KoB for a short period of time, before Chewett left it and seeing the people that kept me in Marind go inactive, I went inactive once more and got kicked with the realm-wide alliance-kicking that happened, or so I am told.

This time, I returned to find friends that I valued in Loreroot. I was a citizen for a short while, but I wanted to do more. I joined the GotR. GotR was a place I always wanted to be in, even before the CoE. However, once CoE was instated, I decided that is where I wanted to be.

Yes, I was in the CoE. The very first alliance I was in. That is one of the reasons why I want to bring it back, but more are detailed in my "candidate" document, which I hope will be available to the public soon.

Yes, once more, some things will change. I am not turning this alliance around. I am making small adjustments according to the current state of MD. I am not using an old carcass to try and create something new. However, as the alliance failed in the past, some changes must be in place to ensure its success and growth in the future - or so I believe. But this does not, under any circumstances, mean that I am trying to turn the CoE into something different.

EDIT: forgot to answer one of Ary's questions. Hope I got them all. :)

Edited by Aeoshattr

A bit of offtopic but since we're "restoring the historical truth"  here it is:

Aeo, what I said about the puppet was pure irony. I have no idea why I kicked you. I think (although I am not sure) you said something or did something which angered me at that time so I kicked you. I didn't have any remorse because you were loreroot and you all know what I think and feel about loreroot. To be honest i have no idea why I invited you in the first place...

So the GotR leaders are ok with its most recent member openly stating that they are ready to ditch GOTR if another alliance is given into their hands? Plenty loyalty there... I believe DD wasnt treated that kindly when he wanted to bring back CoE... Partiality? PR? No standards? What is it this time?

it is not a matter of loyalty to the GotR, really

Aeo  as much as we all are, are building on a florishing Loreroot

we are trying to rebuild it to it's former glory

and the CoE is part of that

Aeo has taken it upon himself to do so

do we think he would be a bad Guardian? no, he would've done quite well

Aeo wants to restructure the ally but keep its core idea

the old members are as good as gone so it is more or less a fresh start which i think will be good for the ally

things are different between now and then

Aeo wants to really join the ally for one

and the hard work from him will not serve for the sleepers like those who happened to awake when DD tried

the dust has settled after the unfortunate ending and now we are ready for the next step

we are trying to look ahead and to not let our past constantly bite us

it is not a matter of loyalty to the GotR, really
Aeo  as much as we all are, are building on a florishing Loreroot
we are trying to rebuild it to it's former glory
and the CoE is part of that
Aeo has taken it upon himself to do so
do we think he would be a bad Guardian? no, he would've done quite well

Aeo wants to restructure the ally but keep its core idea
the old members are as good as gone so it is more or less a fresh start which i think will be good for the ally

things are different between now and then
Aeo wants to really join the ally for one
and the hard work from him will not serve for the sleepers like those who happened to awake when DD tried
the dust has settled after the unfortunate ending and now we are ready for the next step
we are trying to look ahead and to not let our past constantly bite us

Still doesnt explain why DD was asked to choose between coe and gotr and his loyalties questioned when he said he didnt even want to join it. I believe one of the leaders is the same as back then. So double standards it is... Thank you for answering elaborately :) Edited by Nimrodel