Properly Fix Silvertongue

Chewett

• Root Admin

Ann. 3038 - [2014-06-17 01:28:41 - Stage 12] Posted By Chewett 
Silvertongue should work
Silvertongue was broken after a number of unicode changes and server upgrades. All this means is that the spell wouldn't work at all for the majority of the characters. Iv spent over an hour debugging unicode issues and the result is we need some bigger database/script changes because PHP is horrible.

Silvertongue has been changed over so that it all works, previously it entirely broke. I have planned the changes I need to make for it to work like it used to, but it needs some work and I am not coding new "features" to make it work with the new server software and such. Needless to say its going to be done, soon, but I'm not wasting more time on it now.

-----

file may be utf-16

DB handler changes -> utf-16

Db changes

File input changes

possibly utf json to html entities

Edited by Chewett

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If your willing, I could go through the mapping and properly translate the characters used currently to their HTML entity equivalents, which should solve any possible encoding issues. The only other potential issue with silvertongue is certain fonts not containing certain characters, which will take a bit more work to resolve, but is possible.

• 4 years later...