About PMSing and stuff

Nimrodel

Since I am a doc, since I felt that the closest thing I could think of was this, and since there have been soooo many threads proving the same, Since i felt that the bickering has gone from bad to worse, and since i felt that the quality of drama has dropped from A grade to B-grade, I'd Like to open a thread about the strongest feeling that you've experienced in the past few days. I'll consider it as raw material for a small experiment. :3

Aims and objectives: To understand the similarities between PMS and current MD behaviour.

Research plan: THis will be an observational study taking into consideration strongest feeling that people have experienced in MD and the strongest feelings that women experience during PMS. Percentage of feelings expressed by both groups will be taken into account and reported. The duration of this study is one month.

Materials and Methods: 

Inclusion criteria: All players in MD who can express their feelings in english with a maximum word limit of 20 words. One word summary to describe what the person is feeling is neccessary.

Exclusion criteria: Those who cant comment anything in English.

Data might be presented in the form of bar graphs or pie charts.

This is an original study. No literature is available regarding this study or any similar studies that might have been done before.

Proforma:

PLayer Name:

PLayer ID no.:

Strongest feeling experienced in the past one week concerning MD and its happenings:

Do you know what PMS means? (yes or no)

Have you watched the movie Mean Girls? (yes or no)

Please add the following sentence to the submission: I give consent to Nimrodel to use my responses as raw material in her research.

I am very well aware regarding the ethics concerned in human and animal trials and i promise to abide by the rules.

Edited by Nimrodel

This is entirely unrelated to Rophs' post:

Nimrodel, have you read any of Georges Canguilhem's translated works, specially The Normal and the Pathological? If so, I am interested as to how you'd relate; otherwise, take it as a suggestion.

PLayer Name: Rikstar

PLayer ID no.: 132384

Strongest feeling experienced in the past one week concerning MD and its happenings: The past week made me more curious about MD, because something exciting happenend.

Do you know what PMS means? yes, but after googling it I do know it right now.

Have you watched the movie Mean Girls? no

I give consent to Nimrodel to use my responses as raw material in her research.

I am very well aware regarding the ethics concerned in human and animal trials and i promise to abide by the rules.

Edited by rikstar

PLayer Name: Burns
PLayer ID no.: 53832
Strongest feeling experienced in the past one week concerning MD and its happenings: 'Face-Palm', but 'Head-Desk' is a close second
Do you know what PMS means? (yes or no)
Have you watched the movie Mean Girls? (yes or no)

I give consent to Nimrodel to use me any way she likes.
I am very well aware regarding the ethics concerned in human and animal trials and i promise to abide by the rules.

PLayer Name: Phantasm

PLayer ID no.: 137291

Strongest feeling experienced in the past one week concerning MD and its happenings: Outraged, Exasperated

Do you know what PMS means? (yes or no) Unless you mean referring to a womens cycle, no.

Have you watched the movie Mean Girls? (yes or no) Yes

I am very well aware regarding the ethics concerned in human and animal trials and i promise to abide by the rules.

PLayer Name: lashtal

PLayer ID no.: 221376

Strongest feeling experienced in the past one week concerning MD and its happenings: some disappointment, but there were some positive surprises too.

Do you know what PMS means? (yes or no) Yes

Have you watched the movie Mean Girls? (yes or no) No

This is entirely unrelated to Rophs' post:

Nimrodel, have you read any of Georges Canguilhem's translated works, specially The Normal and the Pathological? If so, I am interested as to how you'd relate; otherwise, take it as a suggestion.

Nope. Haven't. I have read bailey and love's short practice of surgery though an recommend you to read it as light reading :)

PLayer Name: Phantasm
PLayer ID no.: 137291
Strongest feeling experienced in the past one week concerning MD and its happenings: Outraged, Exasperated
Do you know what PMS means? (yes or no) Unless you mean referring to a womens cycle, no.
Have you watched the movie Mean Girls? (yes or no) Yes

yup I mean the woman thing. So its a yes??

I will have an order placed and read it once I am done with Zettel. As it seems to have been heavily edited through the decades, would you suggest the 26th edition or an older one?

26th edition is pretty good. If you want some further reading.. You should go for Harrison's Principles of internal Medicine.