Fading

So what you don't see, doesn't happen? Yes?

Last night Molq gave everyone a hand in the decision (pardon the pun  :P ), they chose to not revive him. Now, if they had revived him...do you you think they'd have stormed and quit the game? Created a forum thread to gain more attention in the hopes of him being killed through pity? Or do you think that perhaps they would have stuck together and planned a counter move? Hm?

There are many items out there able of reviving someone, why don't you put efforts into collecting one of them, or source another means to revive him, rather than threatening to leave a game and shouting "Abuse, abuse!".

I think you need to all calm down and realise how you're making a mountain from a molehill. 

~Sasha

Please don't wear out what I said.

I won't leave the game, I don't know where you read that.

Even if I put in the effort to revive him, I know some of you will kill him off again. My problem is not that he didn't get revived, but that he is bullied to leave the game.

A literal character assassination if you will.

Please don't wear out what I said.

I won't leave the game, I don't know where you read that.

Even if I put in the effort to revive him, I know some of you will kill him off again. My problem is not that he didn't get revived, but that he is bullied to leave the game.

A literal character assassination if you will.

My dear, I was meaning him. Not you...

He and his "groupies" are all over reacting by far. Rather than leave a game fight back! You're giving up at the first bloody hurdle! So much for wanting him alive so much hey?

If you are going to miss him so much, stop complaining, start acting. Simple. End of. Finite.

~Sasha

You're giving up at the first bloody hurdle!

If anything was close to snapping me out of depression, it was this hilarious comment. Thank you.

First I was assuming, but now you've proven your ignorance. Your words no longer require any attention.

If anything was close to snapping me out of depression, it was this hilarious comment. Thank you.

First I was assuming, but now you've proven your ignorance. Your words no longer require any attention.

Say what you will.

It is you dead and leaving, not I.

Perhaps it's your ignorance that you should focus on, hm?

~Sasha

1. DD is NOT rude to people. He is rude to SOME poeple SOMEtimes. This a huge difference. I treated him nicely and with respect and he allways responded to me in the same manner. If he said something rude to you then you have to think about why he has done so. If you were treating him badly he has every right to respond in kind. And even if he was rude to you but you weren't rude to him there are other things to consider before judging him (things like how angry/sad/nervous he was at that moment). If you have been arguing with someone the whole days it is completly natural that you need some time to calm down and before you do you are very likely to say inappropriate things - even to people that have nothing to do with the argument you just had. That is not DD's problem that is completly normal and natural human behaviour and if you have a problem with that then it is your problem not DD's and you're the one that has to learn how to deal with it. (this is directed to all the people complaining about DD being rude not any specific person)

2. The comunity/society/people of MD doesn't hate DD and "we" don't have a problem with his attitude. Saying things like that is generalization at it's worst and is (imo) far more unacceptable than any rudeness i've ever heard (read) from DD. If YOU feel some way about someone (or some thing) than either have the guts to say it like that (and don't hide yourself in the crowd saying it's the comunity's oppinion) or don't say anthing at all if you don't want to put yourself in the spotlight. I have had more than enough of people expressing MY oppinion. I'm as much a part of this comunity as anyone else and saying: "the comunity thinks this" is saying that 'I' think so aswell. I will not tolerate this any longer. If 'I' have an oppinion on something I will express it myself when I want it to (if i decide to express it at all). If you want to show you have the support of other people than feel free to name anyone that supports you (and gives you permission to express his/her oppinion) but leave me (and anyone else that feels this way) OUT of it. Any future post trying to express MY oppinion will be reported (and if i don't calm down soon many of the past ones aswell).

I voted for DD to stay dead (note that this was a vote for him to stay dead for now) because he repeatedly said during the ceremony that he didn't care about what anyone thought except for one person (and Change guessed that that one person wasn't her).

While yes, there are times when you shouldn't care about what people think, saying that you don't care about what anyone thinks is somewhat rude. Change has talked to DD before. DD has been fairly nice to her as a whole. She vaguely remembers some funny talks with him. Yet now he's saying that he doesn't care about what she said?

If Change was one of DD's enemies, she didn't know until the ceremony. If she wasn't, then DD used some very poor wording and how could Change know otherwise? Change in fact recently encouraged DD to embrace the labyrinth throne in it's full power. Labyrinth citizens have the ability to go anywhere. This, she thinks, is intentional. So if DD believes that he deserves Labyrinth citizenship, he should take what comes with it.

What, in Change's mind, DD needs to change, is his tendency to make more enemies where there were none. Yes, DD has legitimate enemies. But DD also has people like Change who are neutral towards him at worst and who love him, despite his flaws at best. (Now, Change doesn't love DD, but she certainly doesn't hate him). If anyone else had decided to make enemies out of nothing like DD had, Change would have voted for them to stay dead as well for now. In Change's mind, death should be a bit bigger of a deal than it is. Change doesn't dislike or hate DD now, but she does feel like he has something to learn. Everyone has something to learn, and no one is beyond such growth.

Anyways, apparently the vote didn't affect DD's decision to leave--he would have anyways (according to him). Was this because he viewed everyone, falsely, as his enemy? The vote wasn't all nos. In fact, I'd need to count, but it was more split 60-40 percent. Or was it something else that brought about his decision?

As for the depression, I believe that I have a minor form of depression. It runs in the family, lots of us have it, and the symptoms have gone on for years and years, so although I haven't been diagnosed, I believe I can relate. Many actions in MD have triggered this depression. Most of these triggers have been me looking back at my past indecisions with regret, though I'm slowly moving past this and I've started to really enjoy myself in MD again like I did at the height of my time in the Fusioneers (thanks, Kiley and others. :)).

There will always be those who think you're silly or that you don't deserve things, and that what you say is stupid (I'm sure there are those who believe this about me/Change at times, perhaps even about this post). What I did was I started small again. I stopped going for the big things (like believing that if I had a role, it should be something related to change, therefore I couldn't play Change as a normal person) and started going for the little things, like roleplaying writing, drawing, helping Rophs possibly get eaten (he's an acorn, hehe), and so on. I've now been much happier, so maybe, hopefully, doing something similar will work for you. Azull is a King, yet he also engages in fun, silly, roleplay.

Still, while I don't see why you have to leave MD, you can certainly leave. While MD is unique, it'd be not the end of my world if I left it. I'd play my other games, make other friends, continue to skype MD friends, and so on. While belonging to MD might feel very much like belonging to a cult sometimes, you can leave this cult. :P ... I hope. While I know coming back to something that triggers depression seems dumb, and I've pondered leaving because of it, or restarting, I come back because I haven't tried the simple things for a while yet. So yes, you can leave, but I'd encourage you to try more of the simple things again. Your Kingship can just be in the background--you can use it to run quests and stuff--but otherwise, you can do little stuff, like maybe grow a plant in the community garden. Anything.

Good luck in the quest of having fun, DD. :) I hope you complete it, whether in MD or elsewhere.

Edited by Change

Who voted on the matter?

Why didn't he get a temporary revival for Christmas, like all the prisoners get released (previous years anyway) to participate, etc.?

Obviously some stuff happened behind the scene, but on the surface, it seems very weird for you to quit now, Dark Demon. You've been killed before, but you're in better position to manifest your vision of your gameplay now that you were before, why now?

Because none of it matters anymore.

I used to think that it's no big deal if people didn't love or respect me (I never wanted those). My path didn't allow me to be sociable. But all I wanted was for people to accept what I did, to accept the time I spent, to see the intention behind what I did and just think of that as a reason for me to exist and be playing MD. Of course, I loved those people back who loves me regardless of my flaws (keep in mind that it's something I cannot help with, not something I do on purpose).

My kingship is still there. Mur is still there. The Labyrinth is made, yet I'm quitting. Doesn't that mean that a lot more mattered to me that shinies and a title? For all the times dst spoke against me, why is this the time I'm leaving? (Apparently this is "my best time in MD" as told by some people)

It's simple: I have zero motivation. I simply didn't imagine the extent of "want-to-leave" people thought of me. I knew that the moment my motivation to do anything in MD stopped, that would be the day I'd have to leave.

Because none of it matters anymore.

I used to think that it's no big deal if people didn't love or respect me (I never wanted those). My path didn't allow me to be sociable. But all I wanted was for people to accept what I did, to accept the time I spent, to see the intention behind what I did and just think of that as a reason for me to exist and be playing MD. Of course, I loved those people back who loves me regardless of my flaws (keep in mind that it's something I cannot help with, not something I do on purpose).

My kingship is still there. Mur is still there. The Labyrinth is made, yet I'm quitting. Doesn't that mean that a lot more mattered to me that shinies and a title? For all the times dst spoke against me, why is this the time I'm leaving? (Apparently this is "my best time in MD" as told by some people)

It's simple: I have zero motivation. I simply didn't imagine the extent of "want-to-leave" people thought of me. I knew that the moment my motivation to do anything in MD stopped, that would be the day I'd have to leave.

I think people who hasn't spoken up against you accepted what you did. Even if they did it silently.

Those who spoke against you won't change their minds easily and their opinion shouldn't be a concern of yours. Remember, haters gona hate and you can do nothing about it. 

I just don't get the sudden lack of motivation (and what you mean by "want-to-leave" people" ). 

You should not quit, just take a rest. Return when your got your motivation back. Don't let your self get broken.

As DD said ...

yet I'm quitting.

I will not respond to him.

But powle, I don't understand what you say, really. See below what I understood from your post:

[spoiler]

1. DD is NOT rude to people. He is rude to SOME poeple SOMEtimes. This a huge difference. I treated him nicely and with respect and he allways responded to me in the same manner. If he said something rude to you then you have to think about why he has done so. If you were treating him badly he has every right to respond in kind. And even if he was rude to you but you weren't rude to him there are other things to consider before judging him (things like how angry/sad/nervous he was at that moment). If you have been arguing with someone the whole days it is completly natural that you need some time to calm down and before you do you are very likely to say inappropriate things - even to people that have nothing to do with the argument you just had. That is not DD's problem that is completly normal and natural human behaviour and if you have a problem with that then it is your problem not DD's and you're the one that has to learn how to deal with it. (this is directed to all the people complaining about DD being rude not any specific person)

2. The comunity/society/people of MD doesn't hate DD and "we" don't have a problem with his attitude. Saying things like that is generalization at it's worst and is (imo) far more unacceptable than any rudeness i've ever heard (read) from DD. If YOU feel some way about someone (or some thing) than either have the guts to say it like that (and don't hide yourself in the crowd saying it's the comunity's oppinion) or don't say anthing at all if you don't want to put yourself in the spotlight. I have had more than enough of people expressing MY oppinion. I'm as much a part of this comunity as anyone else and saying: "the comunity thinks this" is saying that 'I' think so aswell. I will not tolerate this any longer. If 'I' have an oppinion on something I will express it myself when I want it to (if i decide to express it at all). If you want to show you have the support of other people than feel free to name anyone that supports you (and gives you permission to express his/her oppinion) but leave me (and anyone else that feels this way) OUT of it. Any future post trying to express MY oppinion will be reported (and if i don't calm down soon many of the past ones aswell).

[/spoiler]

You start with a contradiction then you say try to find him excuses where he gives none.

And the funny part is that you try to convince me (I will not on behalf of others) that it is normal to accept DD's rude behavior because it is perfectly normal behavior and I should expect him to justify himself for what he said. Buuuut, it is not normal to return the behavior because it is rude and l am the one that has to learn how to deal with it.

For just that one statement you should seek help to understand the monstrosity of what you wrote.

Are you the voice of community/society/people ?  And it seems that you are allowed to make generalization while others (even if it is an entire crowd) cannot. And your words for this are : "Saying things like that is generalization at it's worst and is (imo) far more unacceptable than any rudeness i've ever heard (read) from DD."

You should follow your advice and write words of your own and on your behalf unlike the rest of your comment.

And ... I'm fed up with this DD thing for a long time, but Change said it better:

... DD needs to change, is his tendency to make more enemies where there were none.

Are you the voice of community/society/people ?  And it seems that you are allowed to make generalization while others (even if it is an entire crowd) cannot. And your words for this are : "Saying things like that is generalization at it's worst and is (imo) far more unacceptable than any rudeness i've ever heard (read) from DD."

Through this:

2. The comunity/society/people of MD doesn't hate DD and "we" don't have a problem with his attitude.

he is pointing out that this:

We are not talking about one person here, wishing for him to change, we are talking about many. Why should we (again collective for the MD society, before you think I'm talking about myself) have to be subjected to treatment far less than we are worth? Who is he to decide our worth?

is false. As long as powle is a part of this society, and as long as there are others who think as he does, what Sasha said can not be true. It's actually something they teach us about logic. The only example I can think of is the following:

"Everyone thinks Anna skips class because [insert motive]" --- this will imply that everyone indeed thinks so.

"Not everyone thinks Anna skips class because [insert motive]" --- this wil imply that only some have that belief.

Edited by Myth

Off topic, of course.

"Everyone thinks Anna skips class because [insert motive]" --- this will imply that everyone indeed thinks so.

"Not everyone thinks Anna skips class because [insert motive]" --- this wil imply that only some have that belief.

True, if considering exact sciences. In RL everyone IS just something slightly close to that.

But that does not matter.

What I wanted to point out is that even he is accusing others for generalizing stuff, he himself is doing it.

And worst of it is that he's doing it in the same sentence. And that is lack coherence.

Of course, unless I missed something for which I'd accept a correction.

you completly missunderstood my entire post No one.
it doesn't start with a contradiction. I was trying to say that:
-DD is allways rude to everbody around him.
is not the same as:
-DD sometimes says some rude things to some people
-DD once/a few times/very often/... said something rude to me/my friend/someone i barely know/...
That sentance was like a complaint about the lack of precission in the writing which bothers me greatly because it implies many things that are often not true or not entirely true. Next I used myself as an exaple of a person that DD has never EVER been rude to in an attempt to show you why the sentance "DD is rude to people" is not true (as long as there is one person DD was never rude to that sentance cannot be true) and that a different sentance should be used (for exaple: "DD is sometimes rude to some people" which is true EVEN IF there exists a person/more persons that DD has not been rude to)
After that i talk about possible reasons that he was rude to people. I explained 2 possibilities - first is that he is rude to people that were rude to him first and the vast majority of people complaining about his rudeness are AT LEAST as rude to him as he is to them (not all i admit but a lot of them) and i admit i have no way of knowing who started being rude but as long as both sides are being rude to one another NEITHER has any right to demand change from the other one. Either they both stop being rude or they both continue being rude - myself i would love for ALL rudeness to be gone from the game and the forums but i doubt i'll ever live to see that. In the meantime it is rude (yes rude) to accuse someone of something repeatedly and demand from him that he changes his behaviour while still doing the exact same thing yourself (if that is DD's reason to be rude than he was never rude to me because i was never rude to him). The second possibility i thought of is that he says rude things only when he is extremly upset/sad/angry/nervous. (in that case i guess i was lucky to never talk with him when he was in that state - perhaps it is because i try not to push people in such states of mind) I say it is natural that one can't make completly rational decisions about what he is going to say when he is in such a state. Even a person that you love and know loves you back Will sometimes say bad things to you when they had a bad day at work or something. I have yet to meet a person that hasn't said things they regret while they were emotionaly and physicaly on the edge. I'm not saying you have to accept it, but you should be able to at least understand why someone is reacting the way they are.

2. myth got the point of this part pretty well and it seams you now understand the basics of what i was trying to say but still the first sentance bothers you. I did not use generalization in my sentance i was only negating the generalization used before (by sasha and by a few others as well). I wasn't tying to say noone in the comunity hates DD (i know some might) i was stating that it is wrong to say that the society as a whole hates him because it doesn't. SOME members of the society hate him but the society as a whole doesn't. Of course it is equally wrong to say that the society likes him or anything else you can think of. Hardly ever can you say anything about society or a community without it being a form of generalization and thus at least partly a lie.

While I thank powle/Myth for clarifying, I think this topic and following posts were stupid of me, plus the conversation has now gone off-topic.

I want to thank those that reminded me what I play MD for.

Requesting the topic to be closed.

Edited by DARK DEMON