Ann 3294 - Clicky "bug"

Ary Endleg

If you knew it was intended to be a bug (even if you thought it should be a feature) then that brings up a question.

Is it better for lots of people (but not all) to benefit from such a beneficial feature, or is it better for no one to benefit at all? There have been several ways that people have found spoilers now and in the past. To some, spoilers don't mean anything. To others, they mean a lot.

[dst] It's an unwanted outcome derived from something wrongly coded. If there is a NEED for such a feature, it will be coded properly and release properly. Spoilers are something else. DEFO not in the same category as bugs.

For example, I've heard that on a certain site people used to be able to find tons of spoilers if they knew how. This was not intentional at all, and it was fixed. But, it does mean that you have a group of people (myself included) who don't know these and will have to get them the hard way.

So are such features/spoilers worth keeping away from newer players? I honestly don't know. Maybe newcomers like myself will benefit from having to work for every single piece of information, with none of it given out. But maybe the newcomers who, with access to some free spoilers, would have thrived and found/thought of new things, now feel like they have a lot less to go on.

All I know is when wishpoints were given freely, and spoilers were everywhere to be found, MD was thriving a lot more. Hopefully A25 will make MD thrive again--it has lots of potential from what I've heard, and it seems that wishpoints will be given out more freely again. This is good. I don't know how information that used to be available to everyone is given out now (I'm guessing DD does, but perhaps not?) But both information and wishpoints are valuable, and I would certainly enjoy both.

[dst] WPs were NOT given freely. They were abused! This is why the WP logs exist. And this is why I always ask for quests transparency. Spoilers were NOT everywhere. To be honest nowadays you see tons of spoilers and even bugs on forum while back then such things would have been deleted (or hidden) in an instant. Today you have more freedom that we had 5 years ago.

For example, I've heard that on a certain site people used to be able to find tons of spoilers if they knew how. This was not intentional at all, and it was fixed. But, it does mean that you have a group of people (myself included) who don't know these and will have to get them the hard way.

So are such features/spoilers worth keeping away from newer players? I honestly don't know. Maybe newcomers like myself will benefit from having to work for every single piece of information, with none of it given out. But maybe the newcomers who, with access to some free spoilers, would have thrived and found/thought of new things, now feel like they have a lot less to go on.

All I know is when wishpoints were given freely, and spoilers were everywhere to be found, MD was thriving a lot more. Hopefully A25 will make MD thrive again--it has lots of potential from what I've heard, and it seems that wishpoints will be given out more freely again. This is good. I don't know how information that used to be available to everyone is given out now ...

From my point of view, there should be no more spoilers, there should be guides with everything.

I know that I'd might lose some advantages, but it is crazy hard to understand this game.

Recently I started playing a new game (no advertising) and I wanted to know how to do stuff to see how to choose different paths and I found it pleasant that it was available on a wiki page. With advantages and disadvantages and guides and ... lots of stuff.

It gives you an insight perspective of the game. It gives you the chance to choose the path before being too late (yea, it pissed me off when I cut off a few quests in that game because it simply required reading the wiki to know how to do it).

Currently lots of ppl know a lot of different stuff and then there are others that know nothing (not much).

How many new players know about the Gazebo of Broke Pattern  and its puzzle ?

How many players know about Nim's quests (I think they are still available as codes and ppl could still start them).

How many know what an Elu is or that there are 2 versions of it ?

And how many know what the principles are before choosing them ? And we all know how important the principles are  for the tokens and how imbalanced they are.

So, the question is : why do we need to have hidden information as "spoilers" instead of a "complete documentation"

-------

Later addition / Edit:

We are wildly debating a thing on which we don't have an exact description. I for one, I am very confused about what was fixed.

As this was supposedly fixed, can someone put some images to know what we're talking about ?