What is vital energy?

Ary Endleg

If...

....Fenth are matter stripped by everything else, Heat is energy, power stripped by any identity (pure), Wiiya is identity stripped of matter and energy.....

~from

http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/2078

Then what is vital energy for example? What about value points, exploration points and action points?

I think there was a distinction made at some point between Erolin heat and Stored heat.

So if I were to guess, I'd say Erolin heat is the pure energy one, whereas Stored heat (and subsequently stats, VE, VP, etc) is given some form of identity when it "becomes one" with the player, if that makes sense? Thus Stored heat wouldn't be pure energy, rather energy with some form of identity.

I think vital energy is the energy stored in your body structure. The more organised/ordered the body the more energy it stores. As you take damage your body becomes less organised, the stored energy decreases. As you heal, your body gets organised again.

According to the other announcement that replaced experience with heat, it says that creature/personal heat and erolin heat are same thing, difference being that erolin heat is unstable form of heat.

If all of above is energy with different assigned identity... then what about honor, loyalty, creature/personal wins?

According to the other announcement that replaced experience with heat, it says that creature/personal heat and erolin heat are same thing, difference being that erolin heat is unstable form of heat.

If all of above is energy with different assigned identity... then what about honor, loyalty, creature/personal wins?

Obviously, honor, loyalty and wins (and loses) are a separate thing from energy or heat. Those are concepts.

• Root Admin

this is a very good question. If not the technical trouble , i would be willing to merge vital energy used to heal crits and influence combat, with the heat system *replace it with the heat system actually*

Exploring points and value points, even if the less used things in md, have a separate meaning

Vital energy could be considered to be that heat generated and stored naturally and in a constant manner without any additional tool or activity

Obviously, honor, loyalty and wins (and loses) are a separate thing from energy or heat. Those are concepts.

Heat is also concept of it's own :p

However they are all loosely tied or connected, so they might be distanced from it but shouldn't be too far off the bat either. If you look at their original meaning of staying "loyal" to your ally by combat contribution or staying "honorable" by not attacking the "weaker" players... Those things don't really hold up that kind of meaning, do they? But if we acknowledge their connection to other concepts, we might find out more about them. So far I sort of view them as identity of inner peace and growth.

So far I sort of view them as identity of inner peace and growth.

That might be the case, actually.

Staying loyal or honorable towards anyone is a bond all by itself. That bond is made through energy, but inner peace and growth would only be a part of a more complex identity of that energy.

Both loyalty and honor go beyond the self because they project an image of yourself not only in your view, but others' as well. So, by changing these you're also modifying the perception others will have over you, whether you're aware of it or not. In case you are aware of it, the identity (of loyalty and honor) no longer revolves around the self alone. If you play with the value of these identities often and on purpose, their identity could very well be an illusory one.

How would heat generate and "move" (be stored) naturally without additional activity? Syntropy?

~Aelis

As far as I've gathered, heat would get "lost" without any activity or identity. That's why the "pure" is gradually lost if not used. I'm not sure exactly how the erolins work to store it, though. I see them as containers, and not something applied to this "pure" heat in order to prevent its loss.

I take it that the heat within erolins is the heat you were refering to? Devoid of identity, static, yet it won't fade?

Edited by Myth

Heat wouldn't be stored naturally; it would be lost. You would have to store it yourself, based on your erolin orbs.

IMO I saw erolins as "extent of capability to store heat" (getting more erolin orbs indeed requires some sort of activity on your part, so the more *active you were, the more heat you were capable of storing).

*needless to say, "active" here refers to the context of the earlier statement and not just any activity.

I was referring to what Mur said about vital energy:

this is a very good question. If not the technical trouble , i would be willing to merge vital energy used to heal crits and influence combat, with the heat system *replace it with the heat system actually*

Exploring points and value points, even if the less used things in md, have a separate meaning

Vital energy could be considered to be that heat generated and stored naturally and in a constant manner without any additional tool or activity

As far as I know, "erolin" heat would behave like Asthir described.

Edit: Ary was faster :P

Edited by Aelis

But that heat which is vitality is *with* additional activity. It's boud to your creatures, which are in a way alive, no? It can exist because it's identity is defined and represented by, the way Azrafar said it, organized matter, which is constantly active. (by being alive, breathing, moving, sleeping and so on)

But that heat which is vitality is *with* additional activity. It's boud to your creatures, which are in a way alive, no? It can exist because it's identity is defined and represented by, the way Azrafar said it, organized matter, which is constantly active. (by being alive, breathing, moving, sleeping and so on)

How does that generate it? One is not required to eat in MD to sustain himself :p You gain VE and AP just because timer elapsed.

Regeneration - not the stat, the concept. Again, as Azrafar said, through reorganization of the matter it is attributed to. There's an old saying: "Time mends (almost) all wounds" :p

Edited by Myth

Regeneration - not the stat, the concept. Again, as Azrafar said, through reorganization of the matter it is attributed to. There's an old saying: "Time mends (almost) all wounds" :P

Reorganization requires more energy to be invested into something for reorganization to occur, from where?

That saying is too vague and hence not applicable.

If you want to take it deeper, think of it this way.

Friction is said to create energy, right? We're made of animated cells in constant movement, right? Animated cells + movement = friction => energy. The identity is there, because the energy is created by us, so automatically applied to us.

How does it know when to stop applying itself? I could say "self awareness". The body know what it's state should be, and stops attributing the enedgy towards mending. But this explanation lacks something... energy gets created constantly through that friction, and it has to land somewhere. Where would it go?

Forget I said that. Apparently I'm in way over my head, and dead wrong about it, physics wise. :p

Edited by Myth

:/ doesn't hold in my mind. Last time I checked, energy can't be created or destroyed, only transferred :p

As far as I'm aware friction doesn't work like that, you need to produce movement first. Friction is brake for movement, it absorbs energy of movement into thermal energy, sometimes electrical. Now you have lets say 0 VE and 0 AP yet when timer ticks you get stuff back. With friction a lot has to be invested to have insignificant output produced.

In MD you're actually producing tons of VE/AP etc. Which comes from...? Basically we are producing "energy" in MD, which means... Hey Mur, Einstein would like to have a word with you :))

:/ doesn't hold in my mind. Last time I checked, energy can't be created or destroyed, only transferred :P

As far as I'm aware friction doesn't work like that, you need to produce movement first. Friction is brake for movement, it absorbs energy of movement into thermal energy, sometimes electrical. Now you have lets say 0 VE and 0 AP yet when timer ticks you get stuff back. With friction a lot has to be invested to have insignificant output produced.

In MD you're actually producing tons of VE/AP etc. Which comes from...? Basically we are producing "energy" in MD, which means... Hey Mur, Einstein would like to have a word with you :))

Yeah, the game is totally unrealistic. This physics continuity errors are 100% breaking my immersion, forget the fact that I'm a walking,talking acorn or that we have magic. Physics come first!

MD spirits are fueled by solar energy :P Lucky for us, no night as of yet :))

We are all walking plants O.O

I would love that idea in rl... *coughs*

Okay back on subject.

When fighting you can of course slide the bar to give a portion of your stats/vit to the creatures.

Given this, I sort of see that vit is the spiritual energy that fills it's container (us) with the chance to overflow until we stabilize (regeneration counter)

Spiritual energy is not of the land but can grow with it. I see spiritual energy as something we brought with and as we grow accustom to the new land the containers get bigger and are able to hold more. We are able to touch and use the heat to cast spells and temporarily store it in the erolin orbs. But we have not used the vit to it's fullest potential if following this line of thinking. 'Spiritual energy' and heat does not have a stable link yet.