Tag! You're it!

Myth

Updated: Jan 19th, 16:50 ST - Description modified; Score method added

[hr]

Introduction: How long has it been since any of you played this? Too long, if you ask me. So here it is, your chance to go back in time and have some old fashioned and tiresome fun! Here's how it goes:

Description: Every subscribed player will have to pass a unique item to any of his competitors. Tagging someone is rewarding. Being tagged and remaining that way brings penalties. Details in the Scoring section.

For this, Chewett has kindly loaned a broken gold watch to me. This is the item you'll be passing along to one and other. Please return it to me once the competition is over. :P

Sing-ups end on Jan 24th, 20:00 ST

- a minimum 5 players
- post your player name and ID on this thread
- find me in game so that I can give you a Pair of 20-sided Dice. Everyone will roll these, and the player who rolls the smallest (added) value will be considered tagged by default as soon as the competition starts
- I'll nicely ask every player not to withdraw from the competition if the unique item is in their possession
- In case anyone signs up only to keep the item and thus the other competitors' timers at zero, the player is disqualified and the competition is delayed by a week. Player in question will not be allowed to sign up for this specific competition again

Mechanics:
- run around and tag other competitors by passing the unique item to them
- take a print screen as proof as soon as you pass the item
- post the print screen on this thread
- make sure the screen shot contains the chat line showing you passed the item, along with the server time
- rinse and repeat

* Passing the unique item to someone who hasn't signed up will get you disqualified.
* Getting killed or jailed will also get you disqualified. (I have no power over this)

I will save the screen shots you provide as often as I can get online to save them. If anyone wishes to provide assistance on the math, they are welcome to do so.

Scoring:
- every time you get tagged - receive the item - you receive 1 point (first to be tagged doesn't receive this point, because I'm the one passing the item to him/her starts off with 0.5 points)
- for every full hour the item spends in your inventory, whether you're online or not, you receive 0.25 points
- every time you tag someone, you receive -0.5 points
- the 3 players with the lowest scores win

Competition length: Jan 24th, 22:00 ST - Jan 31st - 22:00 ST

+24 hours - Watch made its way to a non contestant (Jan 27th 01:08 - 21:37 ST)

+12 hours - Eagle held it for 12 hours (Jan 28th 11:52 - Jan 29th 01:08 ST)

+12 hours - Blackshade held it for 12 hours (Jan 29th 23:30 - Jan 30th 15:24 ST)

+24 hours - Eagle held it for 24 hours (Jan 30th 22:06 - Jan 31st 22:41 ST)

+12 hours - Eagle held it for 24 hours (Jan 31st 23:45 - Feb 2nd 01:20 ST)

= Feb 4th, 22:00 ST (Wednesday)

Location: You can be anywhere you wish. The one who rolled the lowest value on the dice, must be at the Gazebo of Equilibrium so that I can "tag" him/her.

[hr]

Rewards:

1st place: Tokened Reindrach or 1 Wish Point (pick)
2nd place: Tokened Reindrach or 1 Wish Point (whichever is left)
3rd place: 5 Gold Coins
4th place: 8 Silver Coins
5th place: 7 Silver Coins
6th place: 6 Silver Coins
7th place: 5 Silver Coins
8th place: 4 Silver Coins
9th place: 3 Silver Coins
10th place: 1 Silver Coins

everyone:
- 1 Silver Coin (Mythrandir)
- 10 Rainbow Candy (Asthir)

1 Wish Point is sponsored by Miq. (Thank you!)
The Reindrach, 5 Gold Coins and additional Silver Coins are sponsored by the TKs. (Thank you!)

[hr]

Restrictions:
- no alts
- sponsors, unfortunately, can't participate

Notes:
- I will not forbid Easterners from this competition. I will instead reach out to their common sense and ask them not to use their East loyalty to hide, as it's an unfair advantage towards everyone else
- On a similar note, I'll ask everyone with access to restricted locations, whether the ability is yours or available to you through the help of someone else, to not use this advantage
- A final request goes to those capable of interfering: please don't kill, teleport or in any way impede the participants during this event :P

Let's get moving! :D

[hr]

Players:
01 - Rophs - 247146 - 6+3=9 (dice roll)
02 - Dark Demon - 241314 - 4+3=7 (dice roll)
03 - blackshade rider - 252882 - 12+6=18 (dice roll)
04 - Assira the Black - 141566 - 20+10=30 (dice roll)
05 - *Sunfire* - 197614 - 13+9=22 (dice roll)
06 - *Grido* - 7251 - 16+10=26 (dice roll)
07 - Kalamity - 253512 - 11+14=25 (dice roll)
08 - AmberRune - 202358 - 20+18=38 (dice roll)
09 - *Sasha Lilias* - 148016 - 13+2=15 (dice roll)
10 - Clock Master - 105889 - 19+9=28 (dice roll)
11 - *Eagle Eye* - 180715 - 12+8=20 (dice roll)
12 - Gljivoje - 247317 - 13+15=28 (dice roll)
13 - Change - 233774 - 14+6=20 (dice roll)
14 - Lintara - 202332 - 18+19=37 (dice roll)
15 - Aelis - 169860 - 8+15=23 (dice roll)

Edited by Myth

As an additional confirmation of how long someone has the broken gold watch, the item transfer logs in the MDA should provide fairly accurate information.

Question - Can you pass the watch back to the same person who gave it to you?

Question - How will you confirm whether or not the competitors Without the watch are online?

Dark Demon

Question: Winners will _only_ be decided based on how much time they spent being tagged right? Or will the number of times they were tagged also be counted?

Example: I get tagged 10 times but only for 2 minutes each, and Rophs gets tagged 3 times but for 5 hours each. Who is the bigger loser? XD

Edited by DARK DEMON

That is a good question, and it raises the following point...

If I base the score on the number of times one is tagged, rather than the amount of time he'd stay as tagged;

- there would be more balance between scores, because catching someone offline and tagging him/her wouldn't be so detrimental

- I would no longer need to know when players go offline (in regard to Kyphis' question)

So I'm inclined to change the scoring method...

Edit: And so I did. I believe I managed to balance it out.

Edited by Myth

Personally I agree and believe that scoring based on only number of times tagged, and not total time tagged, is a better way to go about it (and not only because it'll be easier for you :P). Why?

1) It removes any possibility of gaining much through teleportation. (eg: I could have teleported Rophs when he was offline, and brought 12+ hours on him, but now that time won't matter, I will probably not waste casts for that. If you change it to only number of times tagged, passing it to someone offline will simply "pause the game" for a bit :P)

2) It will increase running/hiding, because you will be concerned more with the number of times tagged.

3) It is fairer, due to the reason you stated :P 

Edited by DARK DEMON

You don't need to be online when it begins. Even if you're the unlucky one to roll the lowest value on the dice and become automatically tagged, all you need to do is send me a PM with your location so that I can pass the Watch to you. :)

- sponsors: I need clarification on this; why are they usually forbidden to participate? I need a good reason, otherwise I'm inclined to allow them in.

http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/2438

This rule was added due to an abuse where somebody who sponsored a quest changed their sponsorship at the end because they won, or didn't reveal their sponsorship before they won or something along those lines.

I would say that sponsors should be able to participate (since TK can as long as we don't do shady stuff) if all rewards they are sponsoring and what places they are for are made public before the contest starts, and you trust them to deliver on the rewards no matter who gets what position. But that's just me.

Assira the Black Id:141566

Though this may change if I find that rl calls me away longer than expected.

Nothing wrong with placing last. You still get a silver coin and 10 rainbow candy :p

http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/2438

This rule was added due to an abuse where somebody who sponsored a quest changed their sponsorship at the end because they won, or didn't reveal their sponsorship before they won or something along those lines.

I would say that sponsors should be able to participate (since TK can as long as we don't do shady stuff) if all rewards they are sponsoring and what places they are for are made public before the contest starts, and you trust them to deliver on the rewards no matter who gets what position. But that's just me.

Would it make sense if I allow sponsors to participate, but if they place, that which they sponsor goes to the next in line?

Question - How will you confirm whether or not the competitors Without the watch are online?

The point of the above is actually that someone could sign up, then simply spend the majority of the time logged out and unable to be found.

A better scoring mechanic would be to score points for time spent online without the watch, but I don't know how you would implement that.

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

I can't. It's up to the players to "hunt" down those who haven't yet been tagged, even if they are offline. (this is possible :P)

Edit: Every player will be able to see who has and who hasn't been tagged from the print screens which will be provided on this thread. :)

Edited by Myth