LHO Improvements - Recruitment Agent

Chewett

• Root Admin

i will volunteer

Thank you :)

Now we have at least one person who will help out this job, we need to focus on "What is a LHO" and then "What should we be looking in a LHO".

Stage 2 of this topic: What is a LHO and what do they mean to us now? http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/16427-lho-improvements-what-is-a-lho-and-what-qualities-should-they-have/

Well an LHO to me is a some what older player (cause most ive seen are older players) i was thinking we have an LHO for each land and possibly they are just an LHO for just that land (emp... Eagle eye is an LHO but he hails from lore so he would be the LHO that will help with questions about lore) I do not think an LHO needs to know every thing but they do need to have a good well known knowledge of most if not all the lands. I also think an LHO should have the Knowledge of how to collect resources and the tools cool downs when used. i also think they should have well known knowledge of the fighting system and how honor and loyalty works. Ect

Let me know if im on the right path here chew 

i could step up to this position to but i dont really see a point to it

i think all LHOs keep an eye on the crowd and could name a few that could join our ranks immediately

the point is that there must be a willingness from the player to join

yes there are applicants, but they arent that great in number that they need a seperate team for evalation

however one issue that could arise with a single recruiter is timezone problems

i think the voting by LHOs works well since we have an idea if that player will be capable with our experience

as long as applications are brought to our attention and are passed through the system i do not yet see a need for it

maybe when we get a bigger playerbase again there could be more use of this imo

• Root Admin

as long as applications are brought to our attention and are passed through the system i do not yet see a need for it

Recently a LHO was expediated through the system, there does not seem to have been a massive issue with this, so perhaps this is the way to go? There have been lots of problems in the past where LHO's sat in the waiting cue for months.

Idea: Someone applies via any LHO, this is posted on their forum. A weeks discussion is held and open for all LHO's to discuss. After that a vote is held and an opinion formed. If the vote is a yes, then they are entered, and the post it hidden (like it is now) this lets everyone be entirely honest about what they think. If its no the person who originally was asked to post the topic relays this back and any reasons (note only reasons that people explictly say can be made public, will be, dont just copy peoples personal views).

Recently a LHO was expediated through the system, there does not seem to have been a massive issue with this, so perhaps this is the way to go? There have been lots of problems in the past where LHO's sat in the waiting cue for months.

Idea: Someone applies via any LHO, this is posted on their forum. A weeks discussion is held and open for all LHO's to discuss. After that a vote is held and an opinion formed. If the vote is a yes, then they are entered, and the post it hidden (like it is now) this lets everyone be entirely honest about what they think. If its no the person who originally was asked to post the topic relays this back and any reasons (note only reasons that people explictly say can be made public, will be, dont just copy peoples personal views).

the idea sounds good to me

it would work around the need of the PC clicky and a regular check on it by grido which is not possible with his activity

i could step up to this position to but i dont really see a point to it

i think all LHOs keep an eye on the crowd and could name a few that could join our ranks immediately

the point is that there must be a willingness from the player to join

yes there are applicants, but they arent that great in number that they need a seperate team for evalation

however one issue that could arise with a single recruiter is timezone problems

i think the voting by LHOs works well since we have an idea if that player will be capable with our experience

THIS!

This could work better that the current system. A lot better.

Current LHOs do know best what is going on in the realm. Grido is so inactive I really don't think he has an idea currently. But his veto vote has power over whatever the LHOs decide which is sooo bad. Not to mention the fact that he can name whoever he pleases just because he can and nobody can complain.

Add a few rules about demoting a LHO (I don't know...inactivity, giving bad advice to player which led to that player being harmed (in any way) etc etc) and you should have a sustainable environment. Start with basic guidelines and improve them in time.

• Root Admin

I assumed that all of this new LHO related jobs are for current LHOs to jump in, or at least it should be as such. Exception would be ex-LHO. I don't think that putting up somebody who isn't in touch with LHO matters should be appointed.

I would agree, for the most part. There are cases where some people who are not currently LHO, could do a damn good job.