Who ever orchestrated the "storm"

Miq

• Root Admin

The person dealing with this, did raise concerns that they missed some. They did try and keep track but there were a lot of people moving around, etc.

If anyone hasnt been revived, post here(yourself, not others telling me to revive you)  :)

Can the players post here, if they want to be revived. Otherwise I will poke the storytellers :)

Edited by Chewett

Irrelevant of who, why or whether it was or wasn't an accident, its fairly naff you didn't take to the game to resolve it and instead complained about it when actually its something to do in a world where I hear 'there's nothing to do its dead around here' all the time. If it was my storm, forum begging would annoy me and I'd probably just send a whole host of plagues in response, or it would just demotivate me from doing anything else. Are we so used to sitting on our butts that this is what it's come to? 

Z

Z

You seem to missundrestand me. First of all i did not complain at all on the forum on that day, did anyone?. I collected a huge amount of heat for the ritual, 3-4h straight

What i mean is that as the ritual was successful players should have been revived. Having a number of dead left is not clean and it's purely my issue. I have seen a lot of times how effects of a quest are not fixed in a nice way. 

If the remainder would have been old players/me i'd care less.

Miq

As I said, It was their mistake to not note down everyone, one concern they did raise. Its something that can be quickly fixed :)

Ah yes, I'll apologise (as one that took part) for not thinking to take down all names. 

I had personally thought that all would be revived once the ritual was complete (that the orchestrator would have had a list of all killed or what not.)

Again, apologies to anyone that has affected! :/

I would have to actually agree that the blame is on us (as a group).

We were the ones hoping to revive and so perhaps we should have created a list of all those that had died. The only problem is the amount of time that could have (possibly) taken and the impatience of some that were dead. I don't think many people would enjoy being stuck in one place for days? I could be wrong though?

I do feel however that this was an awesome quest and that we shouldn't be so quick to point fingers and slam down hard on any small "mistakes". All we should do is say "Whoops!", correct our mistakes now and learn by them for the future! :)

Once again, thank you to whoever did orchestrate this whole thing - it was great fun to be a part of.

Nobody complains when everything is going well, and you're right, it isn't clean, but I'd rather that than nothing, and so what if it isn't clean? That's just an added bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't have even commented, if it wasn't for the fact that you said it was plain horrible having to ask for revival like this...I know how certain statements can put a stopper on things I actually enjoy when they get taken badly in some silent room somewhere, it's happened more times than I can count, so I'm making my statement, for what it's worth, to whoever has the relevant ears.

Z

I honestly would have to side with z on this.

And excuse my language, fluffy stuff isn't my forte.
Shit happens.

You can't 100 percent predict what is going to happen, or how people are going to react or what they do. In this case, people ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. Were you expecting this? No? Then don't worry about it. Chewett offered to remedy the situation and that's what matters. Your storm was successful, you did something. So why do you feel you have to pin the blame on yourself?

It's fantastic you're willing to own up to it, but, truly, don't. It's a minor issue and you're doing something with your means. It's not like you unnecessarily killed people and refused to revive them like the day of fear. You had purpose and a means of reversal.

You done good, kid. So keep it up, k?

No silent rooms here, just me.

I was equally  annoyed to find some people still dead and completely unaware of the happenings today. Hence the horrible. Seen quests ending like that many times before and well.

I made no comments on the quest itself only the aftermath. 

The action was great my accord.

Edited by Miq

My drama senses are tickling.

Chew offered to help revive those that are still dead and as far as I'm reading, without further costs (so technically the "revival ritual" worked with a slight delay).

Your storm was successful, you did something. So why do you feel you have to pin the blame on yourself?

It's fantastic you're willing to own up to it, but, truly, don't. It's a minor issue and you're doing something with your means. It's not like you unnecessarily killed people and refused to revive them like the day of fear. You had purpose and a means of reversal.

You done good, kid. So keep it up, k?

Curi, unless you're claiming to have knowledge that Aethon is behind the storm (which I am currently unaware of) then I take it from this that you aren't fully aware of what happened with the storm and revival. I personally don't follow your post for the most part - yes, I think Aethon overall did a great job at gathering people together and getting the revival ritual going, but I doubt that he was the one behind the storm. 

I say just let it all sort out. Sure, some mistakes were made here and there. Can we claim they HAVE to be solved by whomever was behind the storm? Rudely, yes. Can we RP this as a sort of continuation of the revival ritual? Sure, that works too. Can we just wait for Chewie, who kindly offered to remedy this? We can do that too.

All are valid solutions (some better than others). Let's not go mammaries-up because of this little (IMO) issue. Miq used some strong words, maybe, and Z also raises a valid point. Let's decide how this will be solved? I think this is more important.

Not every quest, contest, or event can be thought out in every detail. Even if it was things still do not go according to plan all the time. I thought that this rp event was awesome. Yeah not everybody was able to be actively involved. But the potential of this style of rp story lines is great. It has been a while since people showed this level of excitement and interest. The green announcement chat text is a good way to peek interest and get everybody involved. (Would say more but it takes a while to type on my phone)

On phone, so, I can't do direct quotes.

Atheon was taking responsibility for what was happening, so, clearly I am going to address him.
In no way am I blaming him, in fact, if you bothered to read what I said, I encouraged him to keep it up. It just made no sense to apologize for something that was put of his hands.

You, however, are continuing to perpetuate the idea that nothing is happening to be resolved. Chewett posted just prior that if given the names, they will be resolved. He even stated that he helped asthir, one who was killed, just recently. So... What's the problem here? There isn't one. You're kicking up dust for no reason. It's annoying.

Assira Essentially stated the same thing I did; are you going to nitpick and misinterpret her, too?

Edit: How you could possibly misinterpret what I said to be an attack is just beyond me.

Edited by Curiose

Atheon was taking responsibility for what was happening, so, clearly I am going to address him.
In no way am I blaming him, in fact, if you bothered to read what I said, I encouraged him to keep it up. It just made no sense to apologize for something that was put of his hands.

As one of the "characters" I do to hold a responsibility to take. As do all of the others that were in the team. I was apologizing for myself, but also on behalf of everyone else, as I'm sure, if we had known this would have been the outcome, we would have certainly made a list, checking it twice to find out who's been naughty or nice (and deserved reviving! <insert joking voice here> :P). However, we are only human and, as humans, we make mistakes.

As I have said, all we can do is learn from this and move forward! There really isn't a need to argue over a situation like this when it is so easily righted! :)

Thank you for the encouragement, but as I said, I was more taking the blame for myself than everyone. :)