Fixing the tag system

Azull

As requested

Azull, on 28 Aug 2015 - 6:14 PM, said:snapback.png

Fixing the tag system.  Summon tags in particular.

Link to bug report please  :)

Remarks;

-In my opinion summon tags should always work even when not active, i.e be set as main tag. But this is open for discussion.

-Currently its not possible to effectively remove someone from a summon by tag group because the tag remains in the new tag UI.

-In my opinion summon tags should always work even when not active, i.e be set as main tag. But this is open for discussion.

I'd be against only due to the fact that, from what I know, once you receive the tag you are able to keep it. This means that, should someone decide they no longer wish to be part of the tag group, but wish to keep the tag as a reminder of days gone by or as an "achievement", they would then be forced into being summoned, even though they may not wish to be or no longer have a place within the group.

Which sort of leads me to:

-Currently its not possible to effectively remove someone from a summon by tag group because the tag remains in the new tag UI

Perhaps if people could just be removed from the summoning list so that they may keep the title that they so rightly earned once before? Some may wish to keep the tag as a reminder or achievement of sorts.

Just a suggestion. :)

@aethon, you can set the summon by tag as a secondary tag that isnt displayed, a function already available with the tag UI, and the problem is specifically that its keepable, and as such someone leaving or being removed from the land will get to keep the benefits of such a tag even though their land loyalties have changed and as such should not remain in that group 

• Root Admin

Perhaps if people could just be removed from the summoning list so that they may keep the title that they so rightly earned once before? Some may wish to keep the tag as a reminder or achievement of sorts.

The tag is what makes the summon. Its the reason why some have been given it, we wont be maintaining a separate list :)

• Root Admin

Remarks;
-Currently its not possible to effectively remove someone from a summon by tag group because the tag remains in the new tag UI.

Why? Surely something should actively affiliate themselves and if they dont want to, then they dont get those helpful benefits?

Why does the second point metter?

• Root Admin

In preparation for fixing some of this I have sent Mur some questions about how some of the tag system should work.

This was because this is his implementation (which is confusing to me) and not the one I planned.

Edited by Chewett

Why does the second point metter? 

As Syrian says >>>and as such someone leaving or being removed from the land will get to keep the benefits of such a tag even though their land loyalties have changed and as such should not remain in that group.

Why? Surely something should actively affiliate themselves and if they dont want to, then they dont get those helpful benefits?

Well you could look at it like that. In my opinion though the summon by tag group has a specific purpose and being part of it is a responsibility you can't just put aside when it suits you. 

Perhaps this option can be at the land leaders discretion? In that they pick one.

Edited by Azull

As said above one could just deactive his summon tag and hence be removed from summoning which is responsibility.

Another example of same action is abuse of the system where people could "untag" themselves for the purpose of summon for only specific people who would still be tagged.

For example 3 people are in summon group, person A needs summon, person B is in maze and person C is east. If persons B and C untag themselves temporary, person A can get "selfish" summon without messing up with other 2.

It's simply no longer group summon thing and it was meant to pull everybody in summon group not just people who want to be pulled. Hence it only makes sense that if you have summon tag, you should be pulled regardless if it's active or not.

Better even, maybe it should be a separately displayed for those people who have filled up their 2 active tags, just it wouldn't gather role points or something. Maybe it would be better if summon tags get split and instead of points for days you get points for being summoned (to prevent abuse 1-3 points max per day for example).

• 4 years later...