301 min vitality question

Chewett

It applies before slider application. If you set a only bird, no matter the slider it will go random.

How we want it to apply is a totally different question on the other hand. I think it's good as it is.

It's in there so people couldn't set some dummy ritual that gives nothing to the attacker stat vise. With this rule system ensures that there is opportunity for at least minimal stat gain if defender's situation allows it (ie defender has living creatures)

Btw I think this is out of Asthir's mp3 expertise :p

• Root Admin

Asthir is legion.

Asthir does not forget.

We are Asthir

---

To be more serious, Asthir has a lot more combat knowledge than most people ingame and im quite sure he knows as much as I have forgotten about combat. He learnt it unlike others who may have been "told" what they need to do via some old guide or whatever. Not to mention he is an awesome bug reporter.

---

>>It's in there so people couldn't set some dummy ritual that gives nothing to the attacker stat vise. With this rule system ensures that there is opportunity for at least minimal stat gain if defender's situation allows it (ie defender has living creatures)

Citation please :) If this is true I need to take it into account with the changes, or completely ignore it purposefully. I guess Mur said it a while in some forum post?

Asthir activated on the wrong side of the ceiling, so is now rolling out of the deep like a wrecking ball. :p

Now, Ary's partly correct, the purpose of that number eludes me, and I've never actually tested if the stat gains for 300 VE damage are actually 0, and that 1 point is the edge. But this just made my to do list. (getting a target to 300 total VE is gonna be fun :p)

There are no in game announcements which mention this value, when it was set, or why. There are several forum posts where players mention the rule is there, but again, not why. Try checking the code for "Mur notes" :p

As for when it applies, it does indeed apply before the slider. It might even apply before token bonuses, but I'm not sure about that as I've not looked into it. :p

To be more serious, Asthir has a lot more combat knowledge than most people ingame and im quite sure he knows as much as I have forgotten about combat. - definitely not that much :)) He learnt it unlike others who may have been "told" what they need to do via some old guide or whatever. - loads of help here, from many people; some told, some tested, some told then tested to make sure :P

It's in there so people couldn't set some dummy ritual that gives nothing to the attacker stat vise. With this rule system ensures that there is opportunity for at least minimal stat gain if defender's situation allows it (ie defender has living creatures)

Debunked.

300 VE damage:

vZXS1Fm.jpg

zGpk7P4.jpg

301 VE damage:

ao3hQr8.jpg

uSJcaxk.jpg

There was no stat gain in any of the fights.

Now call me crazy, but those numbers don't make sense to me. Sy gets more VPs for dealing 300 damage than she got for dealing 301 damage. Granted, the difference in dealt damage is 115 VE in the first fight, and 51 in the second. Is there a random VP gain value attributed to very low damage values?

Edited by Myth

It also applies before tokens.

No you don't understand how stat gaining formula works. 300 heat is the baseline. Unless you gain 100 VP you can't gain any other stat. 300 heat = 100 vp. VP is stat by itself.

That bonus amount of VP is gained because of honor bonus.

Announcement citation. http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/130

Today that would be impossible but when game started when people didn't had stats nor many creatures with regen stat. It was possible to set for example Water Being lvl2 on def permanently. If this 301 rule wasn't in place it would shield that person's creatures, more over attackers would be unable to gain any heat or stats. Each attacker would gain 16 heat each fight. Without this rule, game would be at standstill at it's birth.

This current rule is good for mp3s because of above. Just imagine new player wanting to level up and all the people he could attack would have 16 heat worth of def. It also is important for some of higher level stuff, such as combo shields and it should be important for mp4 HC.

Chew I pull everything from old dusty combat manuals, want to borrow a few?

@Chew: you should know how to search this forum

Check this ancient forum  How To Survive In Md World . It is so ancient that it is hard to find it :P

For your questions:

The minimum amount of damage observed to give any stats is around 700.

Any ritual that you want to use is submitted to a simple test: the sum of all VE of all its creature must be bigger then 301.

As a side note: there is also the Combo that raises the VE of creatures, but also applies after the 301 VE check.

• Root Admin

@Chew: you should know how to search this forum
Check this ancient forum  How To Survive In Md World . It is so ancient that it is hard to find it :P

For your questions:

As a side note: there is also the Combo that raises the VE of creatures, but also applies after the 301 VE check.

I'm a bit new at this forum stuff no one, thsnks for helping me find stuff :)

All the extra stuff like combos are really helpful too, hen asking and not just searching code