different kinds of water

Shemhazaj

Seeing that there are few different kinds of water as a resource in MD and assuming that they are to have different uses perhaps the device at War Hold could be adapted with ability to interact with different kinds of water?

we have

water - gathered from lakes, rivers - used in many activities (plant watering, tea brewing, some other recipes)

rain water - gathered from rain - atm not very useful (perhaps could be used for watering plants as well? it's kinda silly it can't be used that way)

mineral water - gathered from caves and mineral pools - (usefulness of it might be a completely different topic :P)

perhaps we also might have

sea water - gathered from sea - used in the WH device to get salt from it

now for the device at War Hold:

rain water + sand + heat = water (filtered or boiled to improve it's quality)

water + some kind of dust and/or gas = mineral water 

lots of sea water + even more heat = water + little bit of salt

this is ofc just a rough idea, the final recipes should be more complicated,

but what do you think of that?

I like like the idea of activating the device in LR and the different resources it could help to produce.

My only question is -- Where would you get salt water from? Which sea? (Going slightly offtopic :P) I mean, I personally think that there is little to no evidence of the water surrounding GG to actually be a sea. Ok, so it has beaches -- so do lot's of large lakes, rivers, streams, etc --, it has a lighthouse -- one that obviously doesn't work, considering the boats crashed around it. So was it really built for the purpose we could assume from the nae? Or has it got some other meaning...?--, plantation near the storm docks looks little like plants found in the sea and why is it that, no matter what direction we walk, see no traces of another shoreline, the opposing to Golemus ones?

So yeah, I don't actually see GG shores as a sea, more a large lake, so is there anywhere else you'd plan getting Sea water? (Not saying I'm correct, just pondering.)

I personally think that there is little to no evidence of the water surrounding GG to actually be a sea. 

For me the lighthouse and the fact that Wraith's Wreck looks more like open see ship is enough to consider that possibility.

But introducing sea/salty water is secondary issue in the topic. 

Adapting the War Hold device is what I'd like to focus the discussion on.

The only problem comes from tools. Do you want different tools for all these kinds of water or the current tools will be able to gather, for example, "salt water"/"sea water"?

If not ... then it is not worth it. Too much trouble and we already have too many shared tools not used.

The only problem comes from tools. Do you want different tools for all these kinds of water or the current tools will be able to gather, for example, "salt water"/"sea water"?

If not ... then it is not worth it. Too much trouble and we already have too many shared tools not used.

there are already separate tools for water, rainwater and mineral water.

I imagine the sea water (if it was to be introduced) would be gathered with the same bucket that's used in gathering regular water.

After all the process of gathering it is exactly the same.

• 4 months later...