Applications for the statless tourney

Apply here!

Post your player name and ID.

Deadline for applications:

10th of November.

Some rules:

- Statless, tokenless, comboless, knockout tourney

- Allowed creatures: Recruitables (NML, MB, NC, LR) + Imps, Sharptroopers, Soulweavers, jokers, Blood pacts and anniversary aramors.

- Only mind power 5 this time.

Rewards:

- First place: WP, 100 water from King Nad, " " trophy (description and name to be made, you can play with the suggestions. With it, we will also probably give a name to this tourney)

- Second place: 4 gc, 75 water from King Nad

- Third place: 2 gc, 50 water from King Nad

Distribution of players:

There are two big branches to reach the finals. (For visualization purposes, check upper and bottom half of this representation: http://i.stack.imgur.com/UOMVI.png).

People from same land will be spread in different branches as much as possible, priority is with people from same alliance though.

I will use the dices in a public dice casting at GoE to determine who fights whom.

Order of determining who goes where will be in order of applying here.

Since I will play too, consider my application first :P

First dice cast will determine in which of the two branches do you get (even number - you go to the upper branch, odd number - you go to the bottom branch).

Second dice cast will determine in which pair should you join.

There should be 2^x pairs. We probably won't be able to place everyone with a pair ideally, so some people will skip the first fight - those will be the players with youngest (highest) ID.

Depending on the number of participants, certain rules will apply for the second cast.

Example, there are 8 pairs in each branch. (16 pairs in total, 32 players... yes, that will never happen)

I will use the 20-sided pair of dice. First number determines the first cast, second number the second.

To have equal chances to get each pair, I will only use numbers gained from 1-16, if I get 17-20 I ignore those and cast the dice again. (if one number is legit and the other isn't, I keep the legit one and cast again for the other, and look only the place of its cast, example I get 15-20, I recast for the second number and get 5-10, I look only the second number 10, I'm not interested about the first one because I'm looking for the second number)

To determine in which pair will the player play, I calculate the SECOND_NUMBER mod 8 = A, where A is in (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7). 0 counts as the last (eight) pair.

Anyhows, if after a while I start to determine against whom is player X playing, and I see that there is already someone from X's alliance in the upper branch, I automatically assign him to the bottom branch.

Same goes with people from same land in general, but like I said, same alliance has priority.

If the same alliance people meet eventually, one will have to drop the badge, and my default recommendation is for the one with lesser amount of loyalty points, but that can be agreed with the two participants.

People with No Homeland are not considered to be from same land.

When is it taking place:

End of November probably, but prone to changes depending of any specific requests by the participants.

------

Sorry if I forgot something, I will update the post and make a separate post to let you know of any updates in that case, I spent too much typing-time on the distribution part :))

Post applications here, any suggestions/comments post on the other topic here please: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/16647-annual-statless-tokenless-tournament/

Edited by Jubaris

Are there handicaps or other means to allow skill to match, or at least not be hamperred, by massive personnal stats?

Some rules:

- Statless, tokenless, comboless, knockout tourney

- Allowed creatures: Recruitables (NML, MB, NC, LR) + Imps, Sharptroopers, Soulweavers, jokers, Blood pacts and anniversary aramors.

- Only mind power 5 this time.

No stats are allowed, which means no slider usage. :P

Question @Juba: What about Pimps? :p

Edited by Myth

I pondered upon pimps, and I am closer to 'no' than 'yes', because they bring nothing new and are just 20-attack stronger grassans. And I prefer seeing grassans than pimps :D

Losing the sanctity of black&white fights is a sacrifice of a sorts, but to gain variety and more options. I don't see pimp helping there.

Applications over!

Sorting out stuff time! :)

Gonna consult with participants when to hold the tourney, I even have some suggestions for possible alternatives if we have a hard time all getting in the same time.

And after that... Distribution at GoE! :)

Also, the rules for scoring battles will be similar to Miq' previous tourney, one fight in attack and one fight in defense, you score 1 point if you win (regular win) + 1 point if you are victorious, + 1 point if the enemy gets a loss count.