We need organization. Let's try PC again.

Rophs

untitled  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We didn't get what we wanted out of PC last time we tried it. Less than a week after polls two of the members had dissipared from MD leaving PC in shambles. We've learned from our mistakes and now the MD community can easily pull this off. I propose people can self nominate in the next three days and then in the four days following that we make a poll to vote in two members.

I nominate myself.

We didn't get what we wanted out of PC last time we tried it. 

I wanted nothing out of the PC. Matter of fact, i didnt want the PC, i dont even want a normal hidden Council, and visible faces just give the Masses someone to yell at. (Not trying to be rude Rophs, just being honest)

Less than a week after polls two of the members had dissipared from MD leaving PC in shambles.

This isnt exactly correct. half a dedicated team, even a single set in stone member is enough to make things happen. The people that left the PC didnt dissapoint anybody, the ones that STAYED in the PC seemed to dissapoint themselves.

We've learned from our mistakes and now the MD community can easily pull this off.

Uh... again... not trying to be rude... but uh... you cant uh... speak for others?...

I personally dont think MDs changed. Other than infrastructure, content, etc, no it hasnt. The people are the same. Thats not a good or bad thing, just know from MY standpoint, no ones any different.

I propose people can self nominate in the next three days and then in the four days following that we make a poll to vote in two members.

I nominate myself.

I wont even... Rophs, i love you too much to keep on this topic. Ive said my peace. I may not agree, but i wish you the best of luck my Friend.

We didn't get what we wanted out of PC last time we tried it. Less than a week after polls two of the members had dissipared from MD leaving PC in shambles. We've learned from our mistakes and now the MD community can easily pull this off. I propose people can self nominate in the next three days and then in the four days following that we make a poll to vote in two members.

I nominate myself.

Nominating yourself for a position like this with no description as to why you'd be suited? 

• Why do you think you'd suit being part of the PC?
  • What have you done/organised that was successful?
  • Do have enough organisational ability and knowledge of MD?

I find it hard to believe the answer to much of the above is "yes" but I'm happy for you to prove me wrong. 

I think PC should be a no and the "smaller group of interested players" should be "restocked".

https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/2931

Edited by Aethon

• Root Admin

To expand on my previous post, people generally feel like they are not the ones to be suggesting changes or working on making events and other things because they generally feel its not their place to step in, decide things, or rally people.

This was ideally what the PC was going to do, taking more decisions that the HC used to, and I used to. By empowering as I did I hoped that they would do these kind of things. Making them "official" to the masses hopefully conveyed some "difference" in them. Public opinion was quite favourable and they had some quite cool plans and indeed did help with halloween but it didn't overall pan out how I planned.

I think that right now, with MD's small population, it isn't necessary. If the population was bigger then it would be a useful way for newer or "less" influential players to feel they have an avenue to make suggestions and voice ideas, as well as get feedback on those ideas. It's less a case of needing organization (Which yes, we do need) and more a case of needing communication. A lot of people have ideas, but without talking those ideas over it is hard to get them into a form that is not just rejected outright.

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

• 8 months later...