Viscosity twist

MRWander

• Root Admin

it was actually designed like this initially...i think the filter is still there but inactive. I noticed that the realm would look quite confusing due to high viscosity if i put this filter... to bad , its a good idea...mayne one time i find a better way to do it

The drawback for this is that new players in un-popular areas (how many people go to the Aramory lately, for example?) would blur those scenes and make it difficult to navigate, or at least confusing.   Assuming you keep the arrows crisp, navigation is easy, but too much "fog" would close off even more of the realm than simple AP cost does currently, in my opinion. 

I like the concept a Lot, but not the functionality, personally.   

Maybe the fogginess would only start be gradually applying after certain amount of viscosity, rather than follow percentage straight away?

An example, if a location hits +20, then you start gradually applying fogginess, and maximum rate at +40, rather than start applying from 0.

Thus most of locations won't be affected, and the neglected location will be temporary lost...

Maybe there could be a max cap to fogginess in a scene, so it still looks good.

Or maybe find another way to show this. I played a game once where they were trying to show that your mask froze, so what they did was to freeze the outside of the screen, so the center is visible, but the 20% of the edges look to have frost on them. So it still gave visibility, but had the effect that I thought my mask had frost on it. Maybe something similar can be done where you can still see the scene but the borders of the screen look all fogged up. Just an idea.

Maybe the fogginess would only start be gradually applying after certain amount of viscosity, rather than follow percentage straight away?

An example, if a location hits +20, then you start gradually applying fogginess, and maximum rate at +40, rather than start applying from 0.

Thus most of locations won't be affected, and the neglected location will be temporary lost...

Lost ... as in you can't see a thing in the scene if the Viscosity is at max ?

Do you remember how MD is advertised ? With hand-drawn graphics. Do you really want to hide that ?

Also, do you remember how viscosity works ? that one player can never lower viscosity to 0 ? meaning that in large lands, most scenes will be at max because there are very few ppl traveling them and very few destinations to visit.

I am not saying that I am against this feature, I just pointed how I see it after reading your comments.

A different but very much related idea, how about instead of hiding the scene you don't show the dots of people in scenes with high viscosity on the map. Say if viscosity is bigger than half the max viscosity they no longer show up on the map. This way it will also become possible to hide yourself once more.