The Artisans Guild

Yeah I got bored today so I decided to draw my favourite character ever:Yoshi(big surprise :P)

Now, bear in mind I have never really drawn anything except for cubes,shapes,and random line designs.
So yeah, any thoughts/comments/whatever on it would be great.

Hope you like it ^^

PS.If I enhanced this drawing to make it MD acceptable would I be able to use it as my own?

PPS.Its huge... and I can't use the full editor to replace it with a smaller version >.<

Edited by Yoshi

[quote name='Yoshi' date='24 September 2009 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1253832573' post='42582']
Yeah I got bored today so I decided to draw my favourite character ever:Yoshi(big surprise :D)

Now, bear in mind I have never really drawn anything except for cubes,shapes,and random line designs.
So yeah, any thoughts/comments/whatever on it would be great.

Hope you like it ^^

PS.If I enhanced this drawing to make it MD acceptable would I be able to use it as my own?

PPS.Its huge... and I can't use the full editor to replace it with a smaller version >.<
[/quote]

Technically it's not too bad, but being a highly recognizable character it borders on being a copyright issue. As it's your own drawing and not copied from something... I'm not sure. I'd say to avoid drawing recognizable characters as they could be a problem and they're not generally what MD is about. As far as using it for your own Avatar, even if it was acceptable from a subject matter standpoint, it would have to go into the shop and you'd have to buy it before someone else got it. Drawing your own avatar, or custom avatars for others, is something that can't be done at this point.

Try your hand at some other things. I'd be interested to see what you come up with.