Do you want more email spam?

Chewett

A summary of important monthly announcements would be interesting, might entice some people that saw something they like to come back (say, Necro reopening). Things like MD Bday/Christmas quests would be good too I reckon.

• Root Admin
9 hours ago, Ledah said:

A summary of important monthly announcements would be interesting, might entice some people that saw something they like to come back (say, Necro reopening). Things like MD Bday/Christmas quests would be good too I reckon.

How often would you want them sent?

Thinking on it more, I doubt there is necessarily a need for monthly emails, would probably end up being a pain thinking of an email every month. But for major changes (A25, Gateway or what have you) leave it to the discretion of whoever is writing them. Really, rather than how often, more what is too many... I would definitely limit them to one a month.

3 minutes ago, Chewett said:

How often would you want them sent?

I think monthly would be ideal. Or if they're entirely automated, maybe allow choosing an interval?

I'd like to see (non-system) announcements, quests, and PMs. If greater than n announcements, show only the m most popular ones (by likes)? For PMs, just show a count of unread, or a list of senders (to encourage people to login to read them, and also so that I feel comfortable forwarding such an email).

Or maybe these are better off as separate emails. One for announcements of updates/quests monthly or so, and PMs emailed as sent (maybe that's too costly), or daily/weekly digest.

If separate, you could also make the latter a paid shop feature, if you wanted. Would prefer announcements were not, since that's a good way to draw people back in after they leave for a while.

12 hours ago, Ledah said:

also AL assuming it ever comes back