Of Inner-magic - A Quest of the 14th Anniversary

I believe this shall be the most daring quest that I ever do create upon these Forums; it may end in utter failure, but it were my hope that it were not so.

Among the most mysterious and poorly understood parts of the realm is Inner-Magic - that deemed such by Mur. In time past, there had been many who did possess a fragment of Inner-Magic to share with others of the realm, in reward for quests. I do believe Mur hath further fragments to grant, but this is not a quest that doth arise out of necessity; merely that I have been overly impressed of recent of the realm's brilliance.

Thus do I offer this quest this anniversary:

Create an Inner-Magic spell document, including all of its levels. The first were a description, and each level shall increase in depth; each level should be brief.

An example of one in near-entirety may be found of the Timeless Shot spell - https://magicduel.com/index.php?pag=samplespell  - do note of the complexity of thought required to conceive of such magic.

Aelis hath offered to judge of this quest, as one of the coveted Soldiers of the Inner Sun. I shall provide them as anonymous entries, so that he may judge them based on their quality.

The quest entries shall be judged upon the close of the Anniversary such that the prizes may be awarded, but it may be that this quest shall persist, if there were sufficient interest and exceptional submissions.

Rewards for this quest were as petitioned from Ailith and Chewett - A wishpoint to the submission best judged, and anniversary creatures to those placed second, and third. Do note that I shall ask further for anniversary creatures in reward if there were an excess of submissions that Aelis should deem deserving thereof. Submissions, as with mine other quests of the Anniversary, shall remain upon the Forum only.

If all the submissions are deemed insufficient in quality, I do reserve the right to change the rewards accordingly, but this too I shall defer to Aelis.

There is no guarantee that these will be deemed even remotely sufficient to even attract a passing glance from Mur for consideration of implementation; yet, the realm's brilliance has not failed me thus far. Murspeed.

Edited by Aia del Mana

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

First of all, I’d like to thank Aia for inviting me to judge this quest ????

The entries were evaluated on 2 main aspects:

1. ‘Spell-docity’: The resemblance of its content to a real spell document (both in content and spell choice)
  2. Progression: How each level gradually evolves in complexity and the cohesion between levels

While I really enjoyed reading your submissions, I have decided not to award a wishpoint to the winner.

That being said, here is the final ranking:

1st: Malediction (lashtal)

2nd: Flight (Aia)

3rd: Explosions (Nepgear)

Congrulations to the winning authors!

PS: The entries were made anonymous beforehand so as to remove any bias. The authors were only revealed to me after I sent Aia my final decision.