MD Avatar Colouring Quest 2019

• Root Admin

This quest is a repeat/rerun/finish of a quest originally run on Facebook (and possibly Discord?) by @Blackshade Rider

The participants have been lost to the sands of time however I will re-open it s everyone who did participate can have a chance at even better rewards! If you participated before, please do submit your requests . If you dont resubmit I will spend some time copying them over (but ideally please do to save me time :P!)

The quest is simple, take an avatar in MD and colour it in using any medium you wish.

This quest will run for a month, ending 31st of August, please bump it as needed.

Rewards

The following rewards will be given:

1st place - 1 gold coin
2nd place - 7 silver
3rd place - 5 silver
4th place - 1 silver, 1 Lock in chaos stone

In addition, for the top three places there will be one of each of the following reward:

1 Snowman
1 Santa
1 Wiiya Bubble creator (1 year lifetime, no restrictions on its use)

First place gets to pick first, second place picks from the remaining two, and third place has the final remaining item.

May the most interesting image win!

• 1 month later...

I know the contest is over (with no entries, apparently), but I figured this would be a good place to show some experiments with Neural Style Transfer.

I tried it a couple times (got a lot of crappy weird stuff) with a couple different pieces from Yoshitaka Amano, an artist whose work was one of the main inspirations for this avatar. I might get better results with some extra work, but the ones below made me smile already (one of them really captured the MD feel in my opinion) :)

amanoaelis.png.39effa052cb32c34047afa7f44150c3e.pngamanoaelis5.png.b995a0b782904c7c0db7eebf6119ab2a.pngamanoaelis3.png.21133d3ac44fd37955bf806e5c13a73a.pngamanoaelis4.png.2d3a3883294c6ec187b2a639449654cc.pngamanoaelis2.png.008c8a99a145f500a28d245fde1245f8.png

And here's the original:

aelis.jpg.7d066aa363a4245815c107e4a5f896ee.jpg

Edited by Aelis
Typo

To think that I actually know who Amano is...I mean, one look at the avis and and recognized the style. The second one looks the best, but also because it's clearer.

(although a fan at first, I don't think I like his muddy style after all...but it would look cool in some animation, if used properly)