Video Game Review

• Root Admin

Is there anyone out there that can help with a video game review?

This is not a task i could give to an outsider, as MD is too complex to explain to someone new, and even if i provide a test account with access to stuff, someone that is not part of this community would not understand what do say about it.

I thought to ask...maybe there is someone of you that could do it?

I need it for sending to game review sites and for advertising, so we can get some more players

Thanks

P.s rewards as usual, obviously :)

• Root Admin

I am not sure how this should come out, i never did such things, so i guess anything you consider good, is good.

Basically it should be a screen video capture of how the gameplay flows, or what things md has to offer, with a voice overlay describing goods and bads (obviously made in a favorable way mostly, as we need it to convince other games to try it, but not give them false expectations either)

I would underline the fact that it is a "open world adventure", or "sandbox adventure" ..i think thats what should come out very clear.

Thank you so much 

ps if you to navigating around, just be sure you don;t both do same area, so it shows some diversity. Otherwise people might think the couple of scenes you will travel around are everything :))

18 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

This is not a task i could give to an outsider, as MD is too complex to explain to someone new, and even if i provide a test account with access to stuff, someone that is not part of this community would not understand what do say about it.

isnt this the problem MD has? xD

I'm pissed off.

I tried making a review, and between cursing at my tongue-tied mistakes and shitty recording software (OBS studio) which slowed down my pc and eventually recorded NOTHING, I ended up with nothing but frustration.

Yay

I'll just put here the recording script I made, perhaps it can be of use.

game review.txt

• Root Admin

This is actually could be very helpful too. I can find someone to read the script and put over a screen capture! I am not sure what will come out...but if nothing else works this is a backup solution. My spoken english and accent are terrible so i can't do it, but maybe i can find someone to read/record it. 

I wonder if i do that, how difficult it would be to sync it with a screen capture video...

• Root Admin

The problem is that i can't find anyone to read a 800 words text, ...could you write one around 100 or max 250 words?

I think with a well written text i could get a voice to read it nicely and put over any video we do after.

Of course it wouldn't be the sort of review i was dreaming for, but it will come out nice too.

A real review done by someone here and not by a "professional" voice, is much more effective than one that will sound as a TV advertising, but as i said this could be a good backup plan.

Thanks

If I had a good software that lets me record screen and mic, I'd do it, but so far the ones I've tried (which are free) have various issues. If I had a more powerful computer, they would work, but it's not the case (like, obs studio uses 53% cpu power...)

as for what I've written, it's pretty much like what I hear on various let's plays I occasionally watch; if you want a good short text, then there are plenty of perspectives to use...so every MD player can share their own view on the game :) 

I'll see what I can do with some shorter texts

• 2 weeks later...

If this was done I’d like to share it to Chinese vlog platforms.

also I’d like to shoot or screen capture something but my knowledge on  the game is limited and with my account I don’t have too much to show even as the spells. There must be some exciting features to be recorded. 

• 3 weeks later...