Creature "Named roles" not named right and not collectable

Chewett

• Root Admin

Ann. 5014 - [2020-05-23 16:59:23 - Stage 15] - Permalink - Posted By Chewett   0 likes   

It looks like during Mur's PHP upgrade all creatures which can produce resources have lost their custom names. Please use this forum thread to report any that you wish to change back.

When reporting any creatures you want their names changed, please post their ID, followed by the new name in quotes.

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Muratus del Mur said:

I don't really see how this could be related to the php upgrade, chew send me some details when you can, thanks.

It broke around the time of the PHP upgrade. Not sure what other "details" there are.

55 minutes ago, Muratus del Mur said:

I don't really see how this could be related to the php upgrade, chew send me some details when you can, thanks.

Yes it was strange. I have two other maxed creatures that didn't lose their names...

Seems too specific to be a php thing, especially as I seem to be the only one who has had an issue with it by the looks of it :)

• Root Admin
11 minutes ago, Ailith said:

Yes it was strange. I have two other maxed creatures that didn't lose their names...

Seems too specific to be a php thing, especially as I seem to be the only one who has had an issue with it by the looks of it :)

It appears to have occurred to many creatures that are suitable for "named roles" as the query is searching and clearing their custom names in the cron job (something in PHP). Thats how your creature lost the name.

I think the cron ran during the PHP upgrade, malfunctioned on the bad mysql library and wiped a number of creatures.

Do you have any suggestions as to why PHP might have done that? Possibly a different idea with how the preprocessor ran? I welcome all ideas from those who understand the problem.

18 minutes ago, Chewett said:

It appears to have occurred to many creatures that are suitable for "named roles" as the query is searching and clearing their custom names in the cron job (something in PHP). Thats how your creature lost the name.

I think the cron ran during the PHP upgrade, malfunctioned on the bad mysql library and wiped a number of creatures.

Do you have any suggestions as to why PHP might have done that? Possibly a different idea with how the preprocessor ran? I welcome all ideas from those who understand the problem.

I apologise for saying anything, Chewett. I won't comment on your posts again :) Be well

• Root Admin

from the details i get from what you describe, its an issue that only affected some. Since mysql did not change nor was it upgraded, we can exclude db corruption. If this doesn;t happen anymore its kind of pointless to continue to look for a reason. If it does happen, you should trap the output of that cron, its probably a count() issue on a badly defined array.