Of resources and their management.

Steno

It has been discussed several times by many people about how a present economy in MD would be very beneficial. This economy would need to utilise the resources in-game, at all levels in order to function properly.

Several ideas were thrown out about how to introduce said economy.

Some were:

Make quests/creature recruitment/keys/permanent stat boost/buffs obtainable by exchanging resources, similar to the heads resonator in MDP

Make a slot machine that spins (very important feature) that you can pay 1sc into with the change of getting a permanent bump to luck.

Toxic plants -> posion -> Intoxicate aura token

Make some weird bank thinkie with dynamic resource exchange rates in Willow's Shop < @MaGoHi can explain more> 

Spoiler

for trading: one clickable, e.g. willows shop that takes 20% interest of traded stack, example i have 1k water want to trade 100 to sunfire, have to deposit 120 in willows shop so sunny can take the 100 water -for taking things out of the game: again some sort of clickable or willows shop or something: i can trade resources i have for other resources or items there, the price of the things it sells could be made dynamic for example looking at how much or the resource is currently "in the game"(maybe average over last 14 days or smth) and through some kinda wookie magic that number works as reference for prices, to have some sort of rarity through available amount, ofc with a lower limit so it couldnt be abused to use like 1 mineral water for something way more valuable

@Chewett had some other ideas too, but wanted someone else to make the post. #ChewettMadeMeDoIt

Edited by Mallos

16 minutes ago, Steno said:

Make a slot machine that spins (very important feature) that you can pay 1sc into with the change of getting a permanent bump to luck.

while i always liked this idea, if it's done like in the other games, it makes me cringe. all the games that have this are p2w.

Well even though it was my idea, it was half- devil's advocate. It is very much like loot boxes, that chew mentioned. If for some reason, against literally everyone's better judgement this (as in a slot machine) was implemented, it would need to only have 1 outcome, and that outcome should be negligible if achieved.

Another idea that has been suggested in regards to the creation of more of an economy is one suggested by Ailith:

That one could take 20 branches, and if a person had a certain level of finesse, say 25, they could make a limited-use herbs basket for themselves.  This basket would have only 20 or so uses in it, but it would be a way to incentive people actually using branches. 

Edited by Steno

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Steno said:

Well even though it was my idea, it was half- devil's advocate. It is very much like loot boxes, that chew mentioned. If for some reason, against literally everyone's better judgement this (as in a slot machine) was implemented, it would need to only have 1 outcome, and that outcome should be negligible if achieved.

I dont believe this kind of thing is the MD way IMO.

1 hour ago, Steno said:

Another idea that has been suggested in regards to the creation of more of an economy is one suggested by Ailith:

That one could take 20 branches, and if a person had a certain level of finesse, say 25, they could make a limited-use herbs basket for themselves.  This basket would have only 20 or so uses in it, but it would be a way to incentive people actually using branches. 

I think it is No one's idea originally. Then @MaGoHi created a really good set of diagrams for it (secret ones) but he hadn't had time to solve the big problem I mentioned, of actually "reducing" resources in MD.

1 hour ago, MaGoHi said:

well not so secret, i just made two maps one with the current resource and combine system at that time and one with suggestions

Why so secret? Can you post the graphs for the rest of us?

In my personal opinion, while creating an artificial economy might be a good idea (also with Ungod about now I’m confused about the “problem”) I am of the personal belief that making resource trade-ins valuable for stat boosts Or even buffs (which I find more intriguing) will be the easiest to affect change.  The way I see it this could even be tied into lands or alliances. 
i haven’t thought this through to the end and I know people have very strict ideas about what loyalty points represent. But choosing to donate my resources to MB to get loyalty points and/or a buff (that is MB or SoE themed- such as my water gathering skill gets +10 for 1 hour with 100 resources. Or my briskness gets the boost.) 

random thought I had.