CSS issues in Firefox

lordofwhitestarfall

I was just trying out MagicDuel for the first time to see what it was like. However, in safari 3 and Firefox 2 i noticed all sorts of issues with regions disappearing behind other regions. So I upgraded to Firefox 3, and found the beginning of game actually moderately playable.

However, when the Ajax overlays are used, like when doing combat and such, the regions behind it pop above it.

As you can see here:

http://rimefire.com/graphics/cssissues.png

It may be some sort of z-index issue or css property or tag that Firefox doesn't like.

BTW I'm using MacOS 10.4, Firefox 3.0, Flash Player 9, Broadband DSL.

On a sidenote, to insure that your site is compatible with most browser, i recommend running it through a html validator such as the following:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%...ine&group=0

The layout.php page returned 29 errors and 27 warnings.

Anyhow, the game is still alpha so its no big deal, just thought i'd inform you guys of it now.

• Root Admin

the problem is more related to the flashplayer you are running and also OS..i suppose you are on linux? ..just asking.

it works fine for me on FF, actualy better than on IE, so i suppose the errors you get are somehow related to the software setup you have, anyhow, i will check it as best i can (no ideea how right now) and if its fixable i will and if not i will have to block certain configurations from accessing the site ..... if you can provide more info on what flashplayer, os, browser or anything else you are using it would be great

thank you very muich for taking the time to post this

the problem is more related to the flashplayer you are running and also OS..i suppose you are on linux? ..just asking.

it works fine for me on FF, actualy better than on IE, so i suppose the errors you get are somehow related to the software setup you have, anyhow, i will check it as best i can (no ideea how right now) and if its fixable i will and if not i will have to block certain configurations from accessing the site ..... if you can provide more info on what flashplayer, os, browser or anything else you are using it would be great

thank you very muich for taking the time to post this

Well, as I stated in my first post:

I'm using MacOS 10.4, Firefox 3.0.1, Flash Player 9(which is the latest version), Broadband DSL.(PowerPC G5 Processor)

Odd thing is I have pretty much the same exact config on my laptop and it works fine:

laptop = MacOS 10.5, Firefox 3.0.1, Flash Player 9(which is the latest version), Broadband DSL.(Intel Core 2 Duo Processor)

I guess it may be the difference between PowerPC processor and Intel processor or the difference between OS 10.4 and 10.5.

I cleared out my cache and my cookies and that had no effect either. I guess if I plan on continuing to play i'll just have to use my laptop.

• 2 weeks later...
This may be a MacOSX Problem. I'm also using Firefox 2.0.0.16 and tried Safari as well and have had similar problems.

Actually I believe it's a FireFox 2.0 problem. I've just upgraded to 3.0 and everything works beautifully!

I have to say that the graphics are incredible, but you should make a note that the game doesn't work properly in FireFox 2.0 on Mac OSX

I have Firefox 3.0.1 and I have the same issues. It comes and goes. It was fine when I started, then I got popups (I made a thread as well), then they disappeared and everything was peachy, and now, a few days ago, they re-appeared. So I don't really think it is cookie or Firefox or anything related. There needs to be something else. I didn't change my PC or anything.