Clickables that "shift" when loading

• Root Admin

Some of the old MD scenes have an issue where the clickable images "shift" (typically to the right or left) once they have loaded, causing visible motion in the scene. If you have found a scene that does this please post it here.

Please add the following information to the post:

• upload an image, circling/highlighting the clickable in question
  • the scene coordinates.

We will give 1 silver per scene/clickable that we fix. A25 members please feel free to fix them where you can, if you do fix one please create a forum PM with me and the reporter identifying how many you have fixed so I can send over the silver. Please also quote the forum post so we can know what has/hasn't been fixed.

Thanks!

I have long been bugged by the shift in the Archives Main Lobby 4_1x2_3.  I tried to fix it just now, and it's better but not perfect.  I got the step heights to not shift, but the arch heights (both) still do.  I'm beginning to wonder if the artwork is pouched.  Lots of layering & intricate connectivity going on.

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 9.26.57 AM.png

p.s. definitely easier to edit coordinates in the clicky list than using a mouse (originally likened to drawing with a bar of soap).

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

If I were to put together a large list, what would the best way to do that? (what info would be needed to make it viable to actually update all of them) I can pretty easily get:
- The scene coords
- The item name (eg. item15, item16)
- Current x/y
- Correct x/y

As an example that needs fixing (LR back entrance): 3_-3x-4_1 - item16 - current position x:229 y:151 - correct position x:228 y: 152

As a note for anyone trying to fix this with A25 tools, the y positions above are what the backend says the position is. When actually shown in the scene, it's 3 pixels higher at 148, and I don't know which number your interface will show.

I moved LR back entrance 3_-3x-4_1 to x228 y152 -- better but not perfect.  Looks like x=228.3 would be perfect.  Kinda like my problem with the arches in MDA Lobby.

If I'm online, all I really need is the scene to do this much.

{Later: went ahead and tried fractional positions.  It saves the data, but in fact rounds to the nearest integer.  Oh well.}

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

• Root Admin
23 hours ago, I am Bored said:

If I were to put together a large list, what would the best way to do that? (what info would be needed to make it viable to actually update all of them) I can pretty easily get:
- The scene coords
- The item name (eg. item15, item16)
- Current x/y
- Correct x/y

If you provide a CSV or something I can easily program with having:

scene coordinate, item name, shift x, shift y needed, I can update it without needing to use the UI by writing a quick script.

Feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss a format 

• Root Admin
22 hours ago, Fyrd Argentus said:

{Later: went ahead and tried fractional positions.  It saves the data, but in fact rounds to the nearest integer.  Oh well.}

As discussed ingame, it will need to be integer because of how the code works (and how browsers work). Just stating this so others know.

MDA East Corridor north end - exit door.  Adjusted, now only a tiny shift.

MDA West Corridor north end - both doors.  Adjusted one but both remain with tiny shifts.

MDA Public Bathroom - door.  Adjusted - still a tiny shift

MDA Personal Quarters - door at top of spiral stairs.  Adjusted - still a tiny shift

MDA Marind's Bedroom - both doors.  Both adjusted, both still have tiny shifts

MDA Log Review Room - stairs and right-hand bookcase.  The bookcase seems to shift internally - probably does given the internal structure.
Of course books really do move around - perhaps consider it a ghostly animation effect?  ;) (Ditto for the shelves in the index room of memories.)  Not touching either bookshelf.
Adjusted stairs and they are almost perfect.

MDA East corridor - both doors.  Adjusted one but both still have tiny shifts.

Awiyya's Way - looking at trees that are split path.  Adjusted but still tiny shift.

MDA Basement door.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

• 3 weeks later...

Nepgear, your eye is impressive.  A few of the things you caught these tired old eyes can barely see when pointed out.

Many of the things you find are made worse by even a single pixel shift - the two artworks don't have the same registry point.  These will be fixed in a "phase 2" effort that goes back to original artworks.

Seven were made better by a 1 pixel shift, but still will need improvement in phase 2.

Five I feel are "fixed" and won't need more attention.

Oak Tower item18 path - 1 pixel
Defensive Quarters item16 - right hand path - took 2 pixel shift
Wasp Tower Back Exit item 19 - took 3 pixel shift.
Raven Hold item 18 path - 1 pixel
Raven Hold Top item21 - 3rd house in your pic - 1 pixel

I've surveyed all the sites that you showed and did all possible with A25 tools/phase 1.

Please contact Chewett regarding rewards.