Happy New YEAR!

Metal Bunny

i cant remember which country it is, but there's one near Australia which the international date line goes through the middle of, meaning they get New Year's twice ^_^

2h 19 mins into my new year now

• 4 weeks later...

Mehh.. My dad thought it was New Year's Eve the day before the actual eve. Not that I knew myself, anyway. I had to ask Yami (and here is the relevance to MD), and she also went on to tell me how to say Happy New Year in three different languages. Our family is American. >_>

But my dad brought home fried pork skin, duck meat, BBQ pork, peanut-butter sesame dim sum, egg cakes, dumplings, bean curd soup, boiled chicken and sticky cake from Grandma's. n___n I'm so happy, I'm happy just boasting about it. I love Chinese New Year.

Oh, I have to check how much money I got from Grandma too. Suckers.

*suddenly wants chinese relatives.....somehow*

i don't think i've really celebrated chinese new year, due to having no link to china or the new year, but if i get to eat chinese food and get money then i might next year :P

It's too late now, dst. -_-

Hey, I will tell you a surefire way to gain a Chinese family, without the hassle of marrying a Chinese woman. It's a secret tactic! Find the closest old Chinese lady and talk to her whenever you pass by. Act curious, outgoing, friendly. Ask her gardening tips, make her tell you how to say this or that word in her language, comment on various things she does, relate conversations you had with others and ask her opinion. Bring her gifts like eggs, fruit and vegetables: "Do you like these? How do you cook them?" If you're male, it would behoove you to be abashed whenever she compliments you. If she ever mentions something you can help with, do so eagerly! She should begin talking about her children and grandchildren, and when that happens you should start calling her Auntie (ask first though). At this point you can begin asking about her past days and talking about your love life (fake or real). On holidays, if you follow these directions, she will start giving small gifts. If you keep this up for an extended period, you will meet members of her family and be called Uncle by her grandchildren! :)

The bean curd was a little disappointing. Too many dehydrated oysters overpowered the delicate taste. Someone cooked the BBQ pork and duck with tomato-cauliflower; I ended up eating only the cauliflower. But otherwise, very good! And I also got egg rolls, biscuit cookies, dried-salted plums and tangerines with the stems and leaves attached to them.

i think you may have looked into this too much Glai :P

and it seems a lot of effort to get Chnese New Year pressies, also my family is large enough without making it bigger by adding another family to it :))

Thank you Glai. Now my appetite is back. I was a bit worried cause I had some issues and I did not eat for the hole day but after reading your post I am definitely raiding the fridge :D.
I could try the Chinese family thing but there aren't so many Chinese in Bucharest and the ones that live here are almost invisible...