Final Farewell and Thanks

Yami no Sakura

I want to start off with a big "Thank you!" to everyone I've met here, and most of all, my deepest and sincerest thanks to Manu for creating Magic Duel. I am not exaggerating when I say that I am eternally grateful for the wonderful experience I had in the year I spent here. Whether you know it or not, I stumbled upon this place in the midst of a series of game-hopping to take the edge off my depression. And MD did more than I ever expected. All of you whom I've met and spoken with, have in a way made me a better person. I simply don't have the words to describe how grateful I am for my time here.

But alas, all great things must come to an end. For personal and practical reasons, I have to leave this Realm behind. Practical reason...simply put, I don't have time anymore. I have a paid internship at a research laboratory during this upcoming summer, and there just aren't enough hours in the day to fit in everything. Between my future and MD, I must choose my life, as painful as it is to leave this wonderful community behind.

Some of you have noticed, though, that I've been gone or rarely seen these past few months. The reason for this is a personal one. Not to sound rude or anything, but if I haven't spoken to you about this, then you probably do not need to know. Sorry.

If memory serves, the number of times I've asked for a personal favor can be counted on one hand. With that said, I'm going to do something extremely selfish here. And this will begin the "will" portion of the note.

1. I will leave leadership of the Legend Speakers to Keith Moon. He will not only be the leader if loyalty but also the leader in name. I know the poor man is stretched very very thin, but I have faith he can handle this. I'm sorry for being selfish, Keith.

2. Absolutely NOBODY will have my creatures. They are mine.
I
spent the time to acquire and raise them, and they are bound to me alone. Those of you greedily eying Khellendros can give it a rest. My Drachorn is not going anywhere.

3. My account, Yami no Sakura, will also remain my own. I am NOT giving the password to anybody. Also, passwords to any other accounts I have access to will go with me to the grave. So don't even bother asking.

And...I think that's about everything that I wanted.
Now, I guess is the time for some miscellaneous stuff.

Over the course of my time here, I've collected and stored a ton of information. There is a miniature of the MD Archives in my hard drive. I have no means of publishing it, but I will, however, make the information available to anyone who cares to ask for it.
However, there are some things that I will not easily hand over. Anything regarding the Loreroot military are classified. If you want those files, you'll have to get one of the Council members to speak to me first.
Also, anything that is a spoiler, I will most likely not give you.
Besides that, if you need something, ask. The worst I could say is "Sorry, I don't have it." or "Nope, can't give it to you."

I guess all that's left now is giving everyone my contact information. While I may be leaving MD, I don't intend to completely cut off myself from the community that I've grown to love so much.

Email: yaminosakura (at) gmail (dot) com
YIM: xxsakisamaxx

Feel free to contact me for anything, whether it is because you need something or you just want to say "hi." All I ask is that you please identify yourself first.

I guess this is it, then. Thank you everyone, for everything you've done and all the memories you've given me. Even if I could relive my life, I would change absolutely nothing because all the events that happened ultimately led me here. My time here, as a part of Magic Duel, is something I will never forget.

Farewell all, and may your future be filled with wonderful experiences. Just like the ones you've given me.

~Yami no Sakura, ex-Legend Teller.

P.S. I am aware of the irony that I was voted as the most addicted person in 2008. Hehe...

P.P.S. I'll upload my (in)Famous Quote Lists here since I think they'll be in popular demand.
FQL_08.rtf

FQL_09.rtf

Yami, since you were one of the few players I really like in this game I hate to see you leave. On the other hand I understand your choice. So all I can say right now is: good luck and let's hope for the best.

Farewell Yami! ^_^

Farewell Yami,

I wish you all the very best in your internship and your future. It was an honor to meet you.. You will be missed by a great many people.

My words do not seem enough to do this occasion justice, so I will leave with this:

You know you are addicted to MD when.. oh hang on, need to write a PM.. right, you know you are addicted to MD when.. ooh, is that an Angien???... ahem, you know you are addicted to MD when.. *looks at a new Forum post* .. you know, I think I am addicted...

All the best, Yami :)

Good Bye Yami...

we'll never forget the countless times we tried to steal your drachorn, or tried to land on your quote list (i guess those two are running out to the same thing in fact), or the countless times you killed us when we tried to kill you... =)

and even though we now lose the most addicted person EVER, we gain another legend... i hope you will find the time to check back in at some time and see the LTs telling the tales of famous Shadow-Cherry ^^

Yami, it was a pleasure knowing you, and i wish you all the best in everything you set out to do, it's sad to see you leave, but i agree, life comes first
i havent spoken to you in a while, but i remember chatting a fair bit ''back in the day'' it was fun

i may want to get a hold on that mini-archive you have :)

farewell Yami, live long and prosper :)

hmm... legend seeking legend... sounds like good stuff for future speakers :) .

I'll remember Saki ;) it was definitely fun knowing you... ill miss your quotes and being part of them...

my favorite was still was when i made the joke about sotesf (may he also rest in peace :P )

ahhh... good times :)

Edited by cryxus

• Root Admin

Thank you for "playing" yami, i surely hope to meet more people like you.
Personal life is _allways_ more important than any game regardless how smart its done.
You can still keep up with the community by seeing what is new from time to time, i suppose that would be fun for someone so involved as you were. Maybe the toolbar will help? ^_^

Your account will remain untouched, if you gave the pass to anyone else please let me know so i change it. If for any reason sometimes in the future someone will contact you to ask you for accest to your account do not give it please.
...and i sugest you fill your creature slots because creatures get age even if you dont login, who knows maybe in a few years you will return (?)

Like i said, everybody...but everybody... quits at some point, the important thing is how they do that...by finding stupid excuses, by getting frustrated, by destroying everything in their path, or by keeping their friends and saying a nice farewell. You never know when people meet again under other circumstances.

Good bye

Yami i am sorry to see you going i am going through some changes right now too and can fully understand

my prayers and blessings go with you and if you should maybe one day return know you have friends here who will happily welcome you back

but for now go and enjoy your new direction in life

your friend

Kragel