connecting intelligence

denotar

• Root Admin

"supposed to be civilised" is what brought us in the situation of almost depleting natures resources.
I think a more practival approuch is better. True we don;t have many options to help with this but if you think from the start we hate the environment just because we cant help it a lot, it will be much worse.

I think that even the smallest steps matter a lot, and even if we do tiny things in this regard, it will still matter.

dst, you should know that better than all. In our country, civilisation is an issue because of these small things i am talking about. If each person would think just a second that not throwing the biscuits packing behind that parked car would help greatly with the overall civilisation level of the entire country, we would live in a much cleaner city with a lot less garbage and such things....but its in our bad nature that we think that small things do not matter so we keep doing them and complain its a bad situation overall and that nobody does, or can do, anything about it. We are like ants comparing to the situation, but ants are strong because they work together.

For example a small gesture like using recycled paper which is almost the same white and quality overall, will matter quite a lot. Just by picking between biodegradable things and non bio degradable things, like the plastic vs paper bag in the shopping center, matters a lot. I am not talking about using environement friendly houses, doing our own electricity, consuming bio food, and such things...thats science fiction for most....but i think its more important that 1000.000 people buy a biodegradable bag instead of just one to build a environement friendly house.

"My humble opinion."

We have become a throw away society where the packaging of a product does 1,000x more damage to to the environment than the actual process of creating/transporting it.

My dad taught me to recycle everything from milk bags to the little plastic things that keep the bread bags shut.

Just that act alone will go from me to my children to their children and on and on. My grandfather never once recycled anything. It is all about getting in the habit of doing these things. It is up to YOU to do this. Not anyone else. :blink:

• Root Admin

education i think.
what is lazy about buying the one bag or the other? its a matter of choice. its the same effort to throw the package at home in the right place than on the street. Its not lazy its lack of education and the simple fact we do not care and that we think it wont matter anyway..... well i say it does matter, even the smalles act. Multiply it by millions or billions of people and see how important is then.

I used to bug the hell out of my friends when they dropped something on the ground. What does it cost you to carry it for a bit longer until you find a trash can? (There is one every few hundred feet along the major roads in Kitchener)

It is like the movie Pay it Forward. You convince three people to become "Green" and they then will convince three people to become "Green" eventually a vast majority of humanity will become "Green"

Hate to burst the bubble Mur, but even einstein must have sometime or the other thrown his empty packet of smokes behind the bushes when he had one of those Eureka! Moments. Buissness tycoons dont throw their wet tissues in the dustbin. They are too busy *cough* lazy *cough* to do that...

p.s. Fenrir.. I bug my friends to death too.. Just that they dont listen to me... :blink:

Edited by Esmerelda

Mur, you know as well as I do that those "little gestures" are absent here cause the way we were raised. Unless some pretty heavy fines will not be introduced (and I mean not as laws but actually "taking them down in the streets") we have no way of improving. I don't throw things on the street, I use the proper bin, hell! i don't even buy plastic bags (which for me is strange as hell :) )but everyday I see people throwing things and destroying others. I feel discouraged. I will definitely not start doing those things cause i think that i have enough common sense and education not to do them but what about the majority?
What about the authorities that do nothing?
Have you seen how the historic part of Bucharest looks like? I used to love walking there. Now I don't know how to avoid it!
Have you heard about the new rule about public parks? It was not enough that we are not allowed to step on the grass but at one point we were not allowed to use bicycles and roller blades in parks! O_O

Also here, in Romania unfortunately we have bigger issues then environment... They saved Rosia Montana, they saved Vama Veche and look at them!
As someone said at one point: please! don't save The Danube Delta! :blink:

Fenrir, I was a bit...mean. I don't expect anyone who's not romanian to know everything (not even 1%). That was a bit addressed to Mur (sorry again...I got carried away).
Wiki explains better then me: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ro%C5%9Fia_Montan%C4%83"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ro%C5%9Fia_Montan%C4%83[/url]
As for the other one...that was not really an environmental issue but it suited what I wanted to underline: that nothing changes even if a lot of people get involved.

As for the Danube Delta: it is one of the most beautiful place in Romania. It's part of the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites.
I was being sarcastic: don't try to save this also cause you'll ruin it :D

And good old wiki for the delta: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danube_Delta"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danube_Delta[/url]

• Root Admin

she means that by "saving" those areas, what they did was actualy to "modernise" them and bring commerce and lots of uneducated people into them , people that caused a lot fo damage....or at least thats what i think she ment.

Esmerelda.... none of the rich people i know...and i mean NONE..and i know rich ranging from above average to millionairs .. throw their garbage on the street just because is more confortable... none.

dst, in this matter its not so important what the people in charge do, its about what the majority does, and thats changed by education. Put same rules in a "civilised" country and you will see how people do not abuse them.

I go crazy when i see this indifference and careless attitude towards environement. We feel more confortable to blame others. THe best thing we could possibly do is to try to convince others of doing these small environement friendly things, like i do now, because one recycled paper wont matter, but one from a lot will matter a lot.

btw, you know this?
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU[/url]

I wont argue with you on that mur. Its just a matter of experience. Because I myself have witnessed the neurosurgeon, my own teacher (stinkingly rich), throw empty coffee cups in the bushes in my college premises...

But then I also got a photographic moment when I went infront of him, picked the coffee cup and threw it in the dustbin.. MWAHAHAHA! I AM SO E-V-I-L.

[quote name='King Manu' post='34711' date='Jun 25 2009, 01:16 AM']btw, you know this?
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU[/url][/quote]

what are WE doing?