Quest Rewards

dst

I have a small issue (yeah...I always have..I am like a problems' magnet) and I want some opinions.
Here is the issue:
Last night I solved DS' quest.
When I PM the leader of DS for the reward I received the following answer:
"DS does not reward enemy's." (please excuse the grammar of the response)

The quest stated NOTHING about this. And I have witnesses.
So I feel like I was cheated.
I don't want the spell pages nor the WP (due to this rule "These points are given by the RPC and its their own decision if they give you one or not.").

BUT there is no rule that forbids me from getting the crit that was also part of the reward.

My question is: what would you do about such a matter?

After some time I will post my ideas also but first I want to see your.

• Root Admin

That is very out. DS seem a very friendly alliance.

Even if they are to do this is it not fair to say nothing about this on the description and then tell them once they have finished the quest that they are not applicable.

Cruelty in the highest degree i see this as

EDIT: i just read the post again. I think that the Crit AND a complemetary wp or Spell doc should be provided for the rudeness

Edited by Chewett

The decision was simplyzero's. I have spoken to both simply and dst about this privately and my opinions on this matter are known.

If you wish to know my feelings on this too, contact me privately. If you wish to protest, contact simplyzero and he can explain his decision.

Sincerely,

Ailith

Edited by Guest

Please, all of you note that no RPC has the rule to reward every player that completes his/hers quest. The RPC chooses to whom to give the reward and what reward.
RPC's have full powers over their rewards and decisions regarding their quests.

In DS case, simplyzero has the final word, considering it is an ally quest and the ally/guild is his. If other RPC's in the same ally/guild then it is their problem to solve it and decide what to be done.

[b]*From: dst (ID:17096)
[/b][i]*sent 17 hours and 50 minutes ago[/i] Quest
I don't want the wp or the spell pages. I want the drach. And my name on the winners list. If I don't get what I have asked for then I will sabotage every little quest DS or you will ever put up. And you know that I am smart and I can do it. This is not a threat but a warning. If by the time I wake up, I don't have the CTC...well...I will begin my little plan.

Have a terrible night :D

Edited by Shoeps

Yes, that is what I will do.
I will sabotage every little quest you or DS will have. :D

PS: so, it seems some PMs need to be posted yay! Can't wait to do it tomorrow :D

• Root Admin

I know that no rpcs have any rule to reward people for doing their quests but it just seems unfair that because of personal issues that simply has that dst will not get what she has worked for.

Its just seems wrong to me.

dito

unlike Smarty, simply isn't stating anywhere that anybody would not get rewards, so i assume anybody bright enough can get a reward from him...

on the other hand, i strongly suggest to bring the 'one-drachorn-rule' back =P

*nods in agreement with Chewett*

Unfair indeed and personally I find it somewhat like cheating or being cheated. When one does a quest and solves it, one expects a reward associated with it simply because it was stated so in the first place. Why would anyone do anyone's quest if not for the rewards and the recognition that one has accomplished them?

Perhaps there should be a rule to rpc's and quest-makers regarding the issuance of rewards and proper decorum? I dont understand why there isnt one to begin with?

Or perhaps, give prior notice to people that if one has personal issues with someone then that someone is not entittled to one's quest and rewards. I think this is a decent and honest way so people dont waste their time and energy.

Give credit when and where credit is due.

BrightShield

[quote name='Chewett' date='05 July 2009 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1246826165' post='36212']
I know that no rpcs have any rule to reward people for doing their quests but it just seems unfair that because of personal issues that simply has that dst will not get what she has worked for.

Its just seems wrong to me.
[/quote]

I agree with Chewett too...

They do not reward enemies yet allow them to take part in their quests?

If it said "Complete this quest and the reward is this and this" it is in effect an agreement between the quest giver and taker that performing the quest would result in the reward.

Yes it is up to the RPC whether they will give the reward for the quest but without some guide line as to what would eliminate you from the reward anything could be argued.
For example, "Your post had an even number of letters thus you will not be rewarded".
Perhaps it was an implicit premise that the reward would not be given for being an enemy but it is unreasonable to deny a reward without even having placed a disclaimer that it could be denied (this is if they did not want to identify any conditions in particular, though this would also be rather unreasonable)
At the very least the possibility should have been identified.

Thus I see it as a breach of the quest agreement (from what I gather, there was nothing explicitly stated)

[quote name='BrightShield' date='05 July 2009 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1246828259' post='36218']
Why would anyone do anyone's quest if not for the rewards and the recognition that one has accomplished them?
[/quote]

Sometimes it is the journey to complete the quest that is the reward, rather than what lies at the end :D

• Root Admin

[quote name='Death Bell' date='07 July 2009 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1246987354' post='36472']
and dst i thikn i found a bug where do i contact u for it? ingame or can i message pm in forums.
[/quote]

if you hadnt realised dst is an Ex-Bug Hunter. I believe now all bugs should go to Mur himself.

[quote name='Death Bell' date='07 July 2009 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1246987354' post='36472']
lol shoeps ;) a good hit :D

Shoeps team = 1
Dst = 0

And who is this DS ??

and dst i thikn i found a bug where do i contact u for it? ingame or can i message pm in forums.
[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you Death Bell but I never leave my business unfinished.
To be honest I am pleased with what I have accomplished so far: the over-praised DS quest is on hold for an indefinite period of time.
Why? :D Cause I can sabotage it really really really easy. :D

So, don't count the points yet.
Nothing is over until the fat lady sings.

And yes, I am a former bug researcher. Right now all I find I keep for myself :D (no need to report them if I don't feel like it) :D

as one of the persons who wanted to try the quest, i hate you now, dst...

as one of the bystanders, all i can say is: GO DSTy, show those nerdy RPCs what real players are made of XD

you see me torn apart by this business... well, not really, quests are good fun, but how often do you see players who work THAT hard for things they want?
GO DSTy^^

Not fair? But what he did was fair?
I am NOT sorry about the fact that he stopped the quest. That shows how weak he is.
He cannot make me stop solving his quests or make them dst proof.

Actually dst i hate to remind you but i made a quest that was dst proof. you failed it. 3 times. not ALL quests you can seem to do. as far as this simply quest, no idea whats going on but i do know that you are on his papers as a DS enemy and have been there for a long time. you chose to do his quest, and thats fine. but did you honestly think he would reward you? come on your smarter then that. you did it KNOWING he wouldnt reward you and your just trying to stir the pot at this point. i have people i deny rewards to all the time. it happens. if you want another drachorn that bad go buy one. o wait, how about this. ni did BRAITONS quest and STILL 5 months later not gotten a mutated. its a damn game stop with all the damn drama