Unbelievable Power's Alts Banned

Read The Topic And Decide For Yourself  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My crime was setting up multiple mp2 accounts online at Loreroots Hidden Exit. While it is true i did set up an excessive amount of characters, I want it to be stated that it was for many to benefit from, not just I. I would set up a lot of accounts for 18 hours a day, and did this many times in the past month. Many people used the small training ground i set up frequently. I located it in an easily accessable area for all mp classes. At a time when not many new players were flooding into the game, and skill damage was present for many, the mp2 farm allowed many to train and handle their honor issues. I am hoping that the nature of my crime warrants me at least the use of a few of my alts. As it is now, I can only play MD with UP. This is my first offense. I know what i did was a violation of the rules, but i am hoping that my good standing in the community will allow me to get some of my old accounts back. My alts that were banned were not even used in the crime. It is only my older accounts i wish unbanned, not the mp2s.

Edited by unbelievable power

• Root Admin

This is an issue where i am torn, Firstly i must say that you are a great guy and only did this to help others, but then again it still was abuse of the system.

Perhaps a stance of "dont do it again" with allowance that alts may be created so that UP has the chance to do it again. Condemning him after one crime and not allowing repentance is a little harsh. I fully believe that he will not make this mistake again and banning all his alts is a bad move.

Let him have chance to do wrong again. if he is tempted ban him, but i know he will not be.

Personally because of the way in which you used them, I don't think they should have been banned in the first place. I think it should have been reviewed by Mur and the other RPCs.

That would be very much like banning the MR Training ground alts.. It just doesn't make that much sense to me. However, I do understand when 'clutter' of alts happens and that some alts should be cleared out. I'm really not sure that was what happened here honestly.

Anyway, thank you for helping those in need UP, I'm sorry you got punished for bein' a good guy.

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

I think all of the alts involved should be banned. However, if I'm not mistaken, some of the ones that got banned were completely unrelated to the abuse issue. So personally I think those that weren't related to the abuse should be unbanned. This is his first offense after all, and I believe he profited the least from it out of those involved.

Edited by Jester

Agree with Chewwy... (Is it ok for me to call him that? LOL)

UP has always been a gentleman and is always helpful with hints and assist.

I do believe him that his intentions were in the right place.

Its too bad that the road taken was a violation.

Lets just give him a warning and allow him to use some alts.

Banning all his alts is a tad harsh.

i think he should permantently lose the bunch of mp2 (who the hell is that desperate for honor and stats? LOL), but have the rest of his accs which he actually used to play back...

Thanks for the support yall. I don't want the mp2s back. Its the other chars that mean something to me. They are much older than UP. With all this positive support, who voted no?? Mistake hopefully?? :D

Edited by unbelievable power

yeah i think we should unban his alt accounts for he didnt profit from it or anything... and for many other players i have seen first a warning is always given.. so i think he has the right to get his warn before banning his accounts.. since he doesn't want the mp2 accounts i think the admin should consider unbanning his other alt accounts and giving him a warning first.

Edited by Death Bell

those alt accounts unrelated or unconnected to the said occurrence should never have been banned. it is absolutely unjustifiable! the issue to be addressed.. why ban UP's other alt accounts whereas he only used mp2s in the event? and to think that the use of such mp2s were for a selfless motive..for a greater cause.. for the benefit of the many! his purpose obviously outweighs his alleged crime. this, in a sense, may be paralleled to the good samaritan law.. xD
also this situation is just one of the many proofs that the end does justify the means.. ;)

well wat i dont get it.. many other people have done bigger things.. and they all have been given a WARNING... but UP is the only guy where they take action first which is a totally unfair thing to do... its like favoring players.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='27 August 2009 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1251399515' post='40344']
positive voting, congrats, means you get SOME of your alts back, as you asked . Please send me list with those you want. ... and i hope I wont see them used again for the same purpose.
[/quote]

Indeed i will not sir. I Highly enjoy this world and its people and do not want to be removed from it.