Major Change In The Weapons And Armor System

dst

[quote name='Burns' date='24 July 2009 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1248451083' post='37812']
no-armor is a spell which nihilates the effects of armors for a limited time, and now it pays to have that spell :)

and, you need to see more than just your own case, Sharpwind...
up to now, the mp5 could give their alts sun-god and medusa in an instant and create mp3 gods with 200 extra def, now the armors are totally balanced and only make you a just a tiny bit better while you are still weak, and make a damn lot of difference on high levels

if it had been that way all along, you wouldn't ever have proposed to change the armors, because in that way, they pay more from 100 (EDIT: ok, since he tweaked sun god down a bit, it's about 200-220 def, but still round 130-150 atk, medusas seems almost unchanged... could only see a major difference in one item) onward, which is easy to reach anyway, and not only on lowlowlow stat-levels...
mp3 is not the world :D
[/quote]

You are right that so far armor was beginning to lose it's importance for the older players but I'm not proposing for it to stay the same
I'm just trying to propose a better way for all new and old players.

Please don't try to make this a personal matter by implying things (I'm not in mp3, I had and have no one to give me armors or creatures and this doesn't affect my current place (you 'll be stronger than me either way [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons//blum.gif[/img] ))

PS: Thank you for explaining the no armor spell

Edited by Sharpwind

• Root Admin

no no no no no no no no no no no no no

the armour change is for the best. there is no point making Armour complicated for mp3's so that they may have a big boast. The idea of armour is to enhance your natural defences. depending on how knowledgeable at defence you are (more stats in def) then you will be able to use your Armour more efficiently.

there is no real point in adding hard values so that mp3s will get boasts as it will just mean that people who make alts and get them the best armour will have more bonuses. Armour is not something that should give you lots of power, it should enhance your power.

What you are asking is just for mp3's to have more power with the armour. that would making armour more crucial in deciding the results of battles and that is not what is wanted.

I agree with Chewett. These changes are for the best, but I believe a max limit on the gains for the percentages would be helpful. Someone like U.P. would gain immense stats due to the armour, that would give him unprecedented power over others... like his namesake. [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons//blum.gif[/img]

Perhaps a max gain of 500 points in total would be good? That is still a significant ammount of stats. That way they have to be smart with what they have, not build up their entire armour to boost their attack, or initiative. They have to spread it around so a large portion on their attack, a bit on their defense, and the rest on initiative.

• 1 month later...

well if you limit it to 500, people are already losing interest in gaining stats.. due to tokens and now they will stop training all together.. I think this new change in Armour is good for now people will train because they know that the more stats they have the more powerful they can get.. so i think this is a good change and should stay.

• 2 months later...

On a slightly different note, I have always been interested in the "hidden discovered properties" of armor and the ability to upgrade your armor. There were some rumors about the ability to have your armor gain exp along with the main character and if it gained enough it was possible for the armor to upgrade or mutate to a different form. This would be especially interesting if gained exp were distributed among all the armor you are wearing so people who wear full sets would rarely get enough for one piece to upgrade.

I assume that this was an option that was never implemented of put out to pasture when the need for new artwork popped up. So is there any possibility of this being implemented again/new?

Cutler

I agree with Cutler, if armor too became something that could be raised in level, breakable, and also be trade-able, it would be a benefit, but right now there are probably some other issues that I would like fixed/completed before this, but armor is definitely up there in the list of things I would like to be completed/improved upon.