Major Change In The Weapons And Armor System

dst

[quote name='Mur' date='23 July 2009 - 03:13 AM' timestamp='1248321001' post='37723']
A major change in the weapons and armor system happened today. From now on, weapons and armor will modify your profile in percentages not in fixed values. The current character modifications of the items you have and that are available in the weapon shops are already changed to represent percentages. This makes weapons much more important elements and not only vestimentary items and keeps their importance both for beginners and for old players that have huge stats. Please express your opinion on this on the forum, notify about any possible issues or about abnormal values in the current weapon items. For reference, a desired profile change by weapons, should be between 1% and 40% (cumulated), higher values should be reported so that they can be reviewed and fixed if needed.
[/quote]

So...what do you think?

well apart from having a few problems with a few of the values (checking on one at the moment) i think it is a good idea, and it also opens up the posibility of things to change your armor, to make it more powerful, give it special effects, change it's aparence, and things like that, and it would be worth it now because the armor actually matters, although i think that the rest of the armor should be made available in some way, overall i think it is a step in the right direction.

ok, i checked on the armor costs i was looking at, and here is what i have, the war kilt (10,000 VP) give you 8% defence, and the trooper's legging's (17,000) give you 20%, i think this value is a bit inproportunate to the cost to get them..... besides, the war kilt looks better that the legging's, surely that counts for something.....

are you talking about set boosts, or single item boosts? and by 1-40% he is talking about if you add the total % bonuses given by an item, if it gives boosts to more than one stat.

also possibly, fixed point bonuses, to add to my first suggestions.

well i don't wear the set i wear the circles

(i'll let you figure out what i mean by that, although look at the helm and kilt of the sungod armor when it is worn, on the equiptment page, and you might know what i mean)

Edited by I am Bored

well as for looks trooper legings isnt displayed on that thing... how ever it is called :D armor statue or wot ever also some combinations of armor (the one i usually weared becoz of looks) doesnt displays as well while separately they do

as for values nothing new, just bigger importance, it will be all used as before, damagers will use sun gold armor, if they want more attack they will use lizards flail if they want init they will use medusa sword, players that need power will use medusa medusa set, this set will come to more use when angiens will hatch :D but even after then ppl will still favorize drachs and not many ppl have significiant amount of power skill, tokens can cover much more so boost of 100 power skill due to armor wont matter much

with all those armor pieces, 3 sets will be used overall, i didnt count some ppl that have some egzotic pieces of armor since they are very rare, all in all, situation didnt change and it wont, 90% of ppl will use sun god armor and lizards flail, only thing that is new is that ya got bigger boost from it, i personally think there should be even bigger boost so they can "compete" with tokens, it would be especially nice to balance defense with armor according to high attack from tokens, but for now ya got a bit forced to use strongest set of armor ya can :D ya cant allow yourself anymore to wear armor ya think is nicest :D

• Root Admin

there are 77 weapons in total, i don't know now how many are public right now. :D just saying
The higher price and lower stats of some set items are so because a set item increases the overall value of the set, which leads in the end to much higher benefits than the item itself.

This would probably just be me due to MP7-ness, but on my profile i still get a numerical add on to certain stats even though i have 0 if you remove the armour.

Defence: 62 (0 + 62.89)
Power: 1 (0 + 1.16)

The number indicating the Armour effect.

As i understand the new change, the percentage from the armour should be taken from the personal total of that stat, meaning something is wrong here...if i misunderstood it then can someone clarify please?

I'm not so sure it is such a good idea....

I think it makes the poor poorer and the rich richer (let's say)

Perhaps a combination would be better: for example instead of (30 points) before and (30%) after it could be something like (30 + 3%)

So that weak new players benefit a lot from the 30 and in time strong older players benefit more from the 3% but as such it will make power differences a bit more logical I think....

I think this makes powerfull player with for e.g. people with more than 1000 attack value almost imba, but yes, no it counts something for them.
By the way, there is still a value showing when buying weapons from the armory in winds capitol.

in other words do as i sugested above, and give both a fixed gain, and a % gain, although i think the value of the % there might be a bit low for the solid bonus.....

oh and there are currentl y 42 of those that are released, as i have bought all that i know of.....

oh and there are currentl y 42 of those that are released, as i have bought all that i know of.....

there are currently 44 actualy released in the game currently (wepons)

EDIT by Chewett: Copied from your original Spamming posts.

Edited by Chewett

This (having both integer and percentage values) would make things much more interesting

For example a player that has 3 sword choices

A. 5% attack
B. 3% attack + 20
C. 1% attack + 50

He already has a mathematical puzzle to solve in order to find out
what boosts his stats in a better way at the given time (his current attack) and which will boost his stats better in the long run

-----------------

It could also be explained in some manner

For example [b](material factor)*x + (weight factor)[/b] where [b]x = player's attack value[/b]

------------------

indeed...
i like the armors now, before the change it was really easy to create god-modding mp3 with giving them the medusa- or sun-god-set (which is really easy), now they'll at least have to work for their stats =P

the armors were overpowered for mp3 and underpowered for mp5, now they are balanced, the better you are, the more you can gain from armors...
and no-armor finally makes sense ;)

i understand that stat-wise weak players are annoyed now because they got a lot of boni taken from them all of a sudden, but it's a lot fairer now imo ^^

the new system is definitively an improvement. it generally gives a lot more defense for mp4/5 (in fact i have higher defense than attack now), which should make fights a little longer and thus stronger influenced by setup strategies. one step towards balancing tokens too ;)

• Root Admin

grido, i think that happens to you because your stats are never gone during mp7 , just hidden, i am still unsure if i should leave it so or cancel stats entirely. I guess i will think about it next time i do changes to mp7.

[quote name='Jester' date='23 July 2009 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1248378094' post='37780']
That seems like a lot of work just to entertain a few MP3s who probably couldn't afford it anyway.
[/quote]

Well everyone starts or goes through mp3 (the game needs also new players not power for the old already incredibly powerful) and it will matter in any mp level depending on how well it is planned (the example I used before matters in attack values of 1000 no mp3 I know has that much)

but I understand it will be a lot more work than a simple % cause it will affect the prices (everything will need readjusting)

-----

Burns I don't understand how having no armor will matter could you elaborate ?

no-armor is a spell which nihilates the effects of armors for a limited time, and now it pays to have that spell ;)

and, you need to see more than just your own case, Sharpwind...
up to now, the mp5 could give their alts sun-god and medusa in an instant and create mp3 gods with 200 extra def, now the armors are totally balanced and only make you a just a tiny bit better while you are still weak, and make a damn lot of difference on high levels

if it had been that way all along, you wouldn't ever have proposed to change the armors, because in that way, they pay more from 100 (EDIT: ok, since he tweaked sun god down a bit, it's about 200-220 def, but still round 130-150 atk, medusas seems almost unchanged... could only see a major difference in one item) onward, which is easy to reach anyway, and not only on lowlowlow stat-levels...
mp3 is not the world ;)

Edited by Burns

ahh, that makes sense, if MP7 is to have no stats, i would think that the Armour shouldn't apply to the hidden stats and not add anything

and YAY no-armour has a use now :)