Alpha 10, Opinions?

Muratus del Mur

MD Stage  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When you have hairy palms? ... Is this something we should be discussing?! Bwhahhahaha

anyways...

People look for stories because that is what drives MD IMO.

Well, the questions anyways. We want to know more about the surroundings... And what happens next in Chapter 3+4... that story line is what drew me into md in the first place.

Whether or not it gets completed is up to you, but hopefully when you have md fully automated and what not... You will remember what it is like to go back to mp3 and realise what draws people in. It's certainly not the 24 hour story mode waiting... >.>

[quote]Well, the questions anyways. We want to know more about the surroundings... And what happens next in Chapter 3+4... that story line is what drew me into md in the first place.[/quote]

If you want to know more about your surroundings, you need only look. As Mur said himself:

[quote]...i should leave only the visual clues...the visual can not talk more than they should...[/quote]

(i hope you do not feel i am misquoting you mur, and sorry for my meddling, but i meddle... as an uncouth rogue i cannot help myself)

Open your eyes, piece things together in your mind, stop looking too deep into stories and try to understand things. Yes, the stories are beautiful, but they are allowing you to distract yourself from it's true meaning... maybe I shouldnt have said anything earlier and left things be, but I also wish to see you all open your eyes more and not get caught up in frills and lace, I can see how frustrating it is to present something to people and allow them to run the other way with it, and I hope I am not doing the same, but open your minds, not just your ears, and maybe you will be able to formulate what this world is trying to tell you.

~Cryxus

Edited by cryxus

Pip that is stupid...

Lol

Cryxus, it is a game though, meant to entertain, bring together like minded people and to express our individualities through words. I like knowing more about the Angiens and the Tainted Angiens out of pure curiousity. The really important stuff, like how to develop the lands we belong to doesn't need the stories because we make then, but a small understanding of those stories helps...

Wait... Is mur an Angien? Since it was he who opened the box? An angien with a furry palm... Lol

Pip... maybe he stopped the story for a reason, asking for reward alone like that is unseemly, perhaps once we all learn a little more about this realm and give him reason to reward us he will, but for now i think it's best to respect his wishes and drop the story issue.

And Fenrir, did you ever stop to think this may be more than a game? perhaps it is a tool to teach and learn from, building off you as you build off it... anyhow im gonna stop speaking to you on the matter... you are ridiculous and obviously deaf to what is being said anyhow.

Edited by cryxus

I think its all about balance really and finding the right level. Mur does need to work on new features, otherwise he could spend forever fixing bugs etc, as lets face it, something crops up all the time. However, I do feel that there are things that need to be finished once they are started. Removal of RPCs was a big thing imo. Spell docs, RPC clickables and some RPC roles, like Drachorn master/mutator being things that still seem up in the air. Then again, perhaps these issues will be addressed by other work Mur is doing.
Perhaps one way forward, would be to move onto a new version, but list some changes that will be made in the new one to address current issues? Ultimately its up to Mur, but it might be an idea and give people a bit of light at the end of the tunnel if there is something they are really bothered or worried about, as well as give Mur something to focus on a little bit?

Just an idea.

[quote]As I am sure you expected Mur, you will recieve nothing but "finish what you started"s. This is a very good piece of advice. We all anxiously wait what you have planned with the scholars and black letters and the changes to the battle system(I don't look forward to the battle system myself but others do lol).

Hopefully we con complete these before Alpha Ten.[/quote]

This is directly talking to Mur and "sucking up" Comon fenrir, we are not blind

[quote]I'm not sucking up ffs.

I don't know anything about them, and because of that I am interested. Now stop being such an [...] Chewett and get over your demotion.[/quote]

im surprised he hasnt been banned, swearing and scamming members from what i have seen on the forums.

[quote]When you have hairy palms? ... Is this something we should be discussing?! Bwhahhahaha[/quote]
need i say sucking up again?

[quote]Whether or not it gets completed is up to you,[/quote]
Wow! it is up to him? we all didnt know that...
Sucking up

[quote]Wait... Is mur an Angien? Since it was he who opened the box? An angien with a furry palm... Lol[/quote]
and again...

[quote] you are ridiculous and obviously deaf to what is being said anyhow.[/quote]
Wow, it seems one rpc has some sense, Well Done Cryxus, you got it in one!

Rpcs are obviously something that the People had to "Aspire" to, Now it is gone and Mur asks for opinions, people give them and he doesnt like it, So he then complains about Rpcs hating the changes, Perhaps if you talked to them and "normal" people more you might see what they really want

• 3 weeks later...

When I started as an mp3, I stayed for the battle system. I got sucked in by that a clever noob could beat a vet. Currently, this is completely broken by tokens. IMHO, fix this at least before calling Alpha 10. I heard Shadowseeker made a recommendation on this. Anything is better that the current state.
There cannot be any unbeatable rituals, or any requirements to make a powerful rit. Public creatures should be able to defeat anything. That being said, the Weaken Defense ability is unbalanced. Something should be put in to balance it, like a creature that resets stats applied or that does Defend to Multiple.

The biggest bug in the game atm is one everyone knows: Regen. How can this still not be fixed for so long? Make a new ability that destroys XP and does damage as a percent of that, or something.

The RPC list was useful for finding quests that one could attempt. Now that they're gone, a better quest list is needed. Many people have quests without the page for it; this necessity is weird to me. I think everyone should be able to apply (maybe to an LHO?) for a public quest page if they so desire, for the duration of the quest.

If Chapter 3 is delayed only by artwork, release it without art. Please.

Apop, changes with the Archer (and later other creatures) are being done to balence the tokens currently.

Regen is left there because otherwise most mp5's would be stuck at max xp

The Quest Doc is now available in MDA for a WP given price (dont remember the cost)