Iq Of Md

I am Bored

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OR, your country has a decent education system, willing to not only help people with learning disabilities, but young, smart and unchallenged people as well.
And to properly find such people, they let the children do an anonymous test (for others, you get to see your own IQ), at different ages, to determine an aproximate, but fairly accurate level of intelligence and capability of learning.

[quote name='Metal Bunny' date='24 October 2009 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1256433518' post='45667']
OR, your country has a decent education system, willing to not only help people with learning disabilities, but young, smart and unchallenged people as well.
And to properly find such people, they let the children do an anonymous test (for others, you get to see your own IQ), at different ages, to determine an aproximate, but fairly accurate level of intelligence and capability of learning.
[/quote]

and that is how i got my iq

[quote name='Metal Bunny' date='24 October 2009 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1256433901' post='45673']
Not me [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]
Tests said I had an IQ ranging from.. 135-142.. so I took it safe and picked 135.
[/quote]

now if only more would do that.

• Root Admin

I must agree that IQ is just a stupid number used to differentiate people on criterias that are actualy irelevant. You could think serial and be able to go realy deep into matters, solve math things and so on, or you could think parallel and have an unbelievable intuition and simple DO things ... iq test wont cover that. Most of all, IQ test will NEVER cover things like endurance, how you are as a person, capacity to learn, devotion to a task, passion and so on, things that are far more important than a brisk spark of so called intelligence.

IQ is also a good marketing trick, unfortunatly i relaised that after that newspaper where it came out in a very bad way, but my intention was not to put IQ as a main difference between md players and other players... but i had no other words for it.

Its irelevent for example that i have a high or a low IQ. Compare that number to the actual achievemtns of that person in terms of career, FRIENDS, love, personal evolution and you will see it has close to no connection with them...and those are the things that matter.

If you have a low iq, like very low, it a sign that there is indeed something not so good going on in your head, but that can only be confirmed after checking with your actual achievemtns..if they are good..it was a stupid test..if they are bad..the test had a point...so you see, everything is subjective afterall.

Why should i be any smarter if i know that a cow is to milk as a chicken is to an egg, but i dont know how to cook at all. I could be an awsome cook and look at the question completely confused, without being retarded or anything. I wont even mention the math riddles or the langue questions that in my opinion "are for intelligence as cup of tee is to the cosmos"

Looking forward to see how many will select over 170 (probably not having a clue that 130+ is genius and 170 rarly is there anyway) ;)

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='24 October 2009 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1256434218' post='45676']
I must agree that IQ is just a stupid number used to differentiate people on criterias that are actualy irelevant. You could think serial and be able to go realy deep into matters, solve math things and so on, or you could think parallel and have an unbelievable intuition and simple DO things ... iq test wont cover that. Most of all, IQ test will NEVER cover things like endurance, how you are as a person, capacity to learn, devotion to a task, passion and so on, things that are far more important than a brisk spark of so called intelligence.

IQ is also a good marketing trick, unfortunatly i relaised that after that newspaper where it came out in a very bad way, but my intention was not to put IQ as a main difference between md players and other players... but i had no other words for it.

Its irelevent for example that i have a high or a low IQ. Compare that number to the actual achievemtns of that person in terms of career, FRIENDS, love, personal evolution and you will see it has close to no connection with them...and those are the things that matter.

If you have a low iq, like very low, it a sign that there is indeed something not so good going on in your head, but that can only be confirmed after checking with your actual achievemtns..if they are good..it was a stupid test..if they are bad..the test had a point...so you see, everything is subjective afterall.

Why should i be any smarter if i know that a cow is to milk as a chicken is to an egg, but i dont know how to cook at all. I could be an awsome cook and look at the question completely confused, without being retarded or anything. I wont even mention the math riddles or the langue questions that in my opinion "are for intelligence as cup of tee is to the cosmos"

Looking forward to see how many will select over 170 (probably not having a clue that 130+ is genius and 170 rarly is there anyway) [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
[/quote]

well murry, this is all we have that is known worldwide.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='25 October 2009 - 09:30 AM' timestamp='1256434218' post='45676']

Looking forward to see how many will select over 170 (probably not having a clue that 130+ is genius and 170 rarly is there anyway) :)
[/quote]

maybe an EQ test will be better then ;)

No IAB, the average IQ of a person is around 99-105, I did that research long time ago, and was surprised that when I took an online IQ test it says "198! You are a super genious!" knowing the fact that it's just a stupid test and not working properly (That's why there's a vote on above 170, I'm just telling the truth!). Nah really, my IQ is 109. ;)

[quote]i am not talking about average iq of people, i am talking about average iq of those who play md.[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't quite understand your statement. Do you mean that the long time players of MD and ordinary people have different IQ's? Is there an IQ test specifically and specially made just for the players of MD?

IQ's varies amongst the players of MD, just like Mur said, if you are a good cook doesn't mean you have a high IQ. If you are good at something in MD like fighting, building rituals etc, you're not considered an intelligent player and does have a high IQ, but due to the rapid increase of the population of MD, I think it'll be the same as the real life IQ measurement, even though some stops playing as early as 10 days. So, how would you know the IQ's of the players? The poll will not be as accurate as you are hoping because entirely, it's just a mere guess and because there are no specific tests for IQ measurement in MD.

The Intelligence Quotient, which is determined by any test, or set of tests, is a highly misunderstood concept. In short, all an "IQ test" tests for is the knowledge contained within that test. That statement itself will confuse most; I explain it this way:

If one is tested on mathematics in an IQ test, then that test is looking for knowledge one has in those specific disciplines. If one has been educated in those types of mathematical concepts, the score will be higher. However, if an IQ test contains questions about geology or the history of a small, little known country, then the score may be lower if they have never received related education.
An IQ test can have any number of questions dealing with any number of topics. An IQ test could contain questions about automotive engineering, fluid dynamics, recipe conversions, obscure religious texts, medical concepts--anything at all. The point being that the test is not measuring your intelligence, but only what you have learned. They are not the same thing.
An IQ test tests only about the questions contained with it.

An argument against this is the "General knowledge category; things that everyone should know." However, that is a fallacy.
There is no "general knowledge" that everyone, everywhere can know. Every country is different; every city within a country is different. Even neighborhoods within various cities can differ dramatically in population, ethnicity, language, and even geography if the city is large enough. What "should be known" by all within any specific place will differ depending on where you are.

Moreover, it has been suggested that there are different types of intelligence.

Bodily-kinesthetic: This area has to do with bodily movement and physiology.
Interpersonal: This area has to do with interaction with others.
Verbal-linguistic: This area has to do with words, spoken or written.
Logical-mathematical: This area has to do with logic, abstractions, reasoning, and numbers. (This is strongly associated with traditional IQ tests.)
Naturalistic: This area has to do with nature, nurturing, and relating information to one's natural surroundings.
Intrapersonal: This area has to do with introspective and self-reflective capacities.
Visual-spatial: This area has to do with vision and spatial judgment.
Musical: This area has to do with rhythm, music, and hearing.

Standardized tests can measure some of these things, though clearly not all. Regardless of the outcome, what would such a test determine? That one had aptitude in that specific area and nothing else.

As it has also been mentioned already, there is the measurement known as "EQ" (emotional quotient,) the measure of one's emotional intelligence that is one's ability to understand their own emotions as well as those of others, using these feelings in constructive ways. This has more social implications than IQ testing, but is far less "concrete" as most believe IQ to be and is dismissed by some.
However, this could explain why some people are able to form more and more stable relationships more easily than others who seem to be unable to keep any relationship they are in from falling apart.

A human's brain is capable of innumerable things, both wondrous and grotesque. To suggest that any one number can sum up the whole of a person is simply laughable and has no meaning or purpose.

It may be one's ability to take a test that lands him or her a job, but if they cannot manage their relationships with the people within, or even outside, that job, they are not likely to keep it.
Humans differ greatly in their abilities. There are those who know music and sound better than most alive while they know next to nothing about calculus. How can it be determined that a physics teacher is more intelligent than the band director is when they both excel at what they do? They have had different educations and different life experiences.

In the end, an IQ is simply a number with little to no meaning behind it.

Edited by Watcher

I cannot comment in detail about the playerbase of this game but I think I can make some general statements.

Firstly, I don't entirely agree with Mur on IQ. What watcher said is true. However any test or tool, no matter what can be used to measure things. You have to realise the limits of the scale and not try to apply it beyond it's scope and that is where people fail. On top of that, even the most accurate IQ test is not entirely accurate even within a well defined value that it intends to measure. However as the difference in value or number of people increases the certainty with which you can compare people increases.IQ is very good for an approximate measure. When I was 9 I was found to have an IQ of 131, does that mean I'm clever than someone with 130? Maybe, but it's not really going to be significant and they will be a lot smarter at certain things. On the other hand, I'm likely to be much better at thinking my way round most things than someone with IQ 60. That said I'm still aware of the limitations of IQ. It's not a number you should EVER define your own intelligence by. That said, I like stats and numbers and I find it fascinating anyway.

Generally the IQ of an online game will often vary from the average, especially in smaller ones. As the group gets larger the deviation increases. Add to that barriers to entry to some games, or at least to stay interested and it will vary. However in context, the mean IQ is 100, 1 standard deviation is 15. about 1/3 of the population exceed 115. About 1 in 20 exceed 130, 145 is one in one thousand, a genius. IQs about 140 are rare. And so it's highly unlikely that ANY game, unless it involves extremely high level mathematics or science will deviate extremely far from the average. IQs over 160 are extremely rare, the sort of numbers you find with world renowned genius types. Without voting on it, as it was requested I didn't, as I'm not so familiar with the playerbase, I would hazard that the average is between 100 and 125.