Dark Archer Abilities

Mcvitie

Dark archer abilities  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you feel like expressing you views and opinions upon the new dark archer abilities then please ppost them here.It should be interesting seeing how everyone feels about all of the changes.

I believe the changes are GOOD.The new abilities shall give weaker players a stronger chance at defeating a more powerful, tokened, enemy army. When people get used to using them they will wish they had always had the ability to sap principles.

[u]Pro's :) [/u]

Allows weak players a higher chance of winning

More varied rituals

Makes a boring battle more interesting for those that like looking at battle logs

[u]Con's :) [/u]
Wasted experiance

Wasted players credits

No sacrificing value

Will add more as soon as I can think of some :D

Edited by Chewett
Change vote to Normal either/or vote

i vote for (too late since you putted the other part of the poll later on) new creature with drain ability
Mur mentioned all attackers are overpowering, and he will modify chaos archer (i guess he will put that drain ability instead of damage)

drain is great, it puts balance between players, weakest player can get, lets say, dst off guard (few spells would help tho :D) and drain her up
but it should be a new creature, lots of players spent money on archers, and its a shame to change them, they are one of the most important creatures (mur said thats the reason :) ok i agree but i feel a bit frustrated spending those 43$ of free credits on tokens... on archers :) i sacced Lore archer, hollow warrior and a knator to get those tokens on right creatures, and 2 of those 3 got new abilities...)

also, drain on archers would make strong players stronger, the ones with drachorns at least... now nobody can outdamage drachorn auras and tokens except on pure brute force with stats, at least bloodpacts + chaos archers were worthy opponents

Suggestion:

Why not make it so that the Heretics have the option to perform a very low attack (say 1 attack for each level, ie level four would have four attack) And then adjust the values for the Bloodpact aura so that it essentially multiplies the attack value on the Heretic, with an increasing value on the aura at each level of the Bloodpact until a fully leveled Bloodpact would produce the same ritual effect on a maxed Heretic as it used to?

(By the way, I am an avid supporter of the New Heretic Form, and don't really think we need a new creature to perform this role)

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='16 November 2009 - 03:06 PM' timestamp='1258383960' post='47627']
Suggestion:

Why not make it so that the Heretics have the option to perform a very low attack (say 1 attack for each level, ie level four would have four attack) And then adjust the values for the Bloodpact aura so that it essentially multiplies the attack value on the Heretic, with an increasing value on the aura at each level of the Bloodpact until a fully leveled Bloodpact would produce the same ritual effect on a maxed Heretic as it used to?

(By the way, I am an avid supporter of the New Heretic Form, and don't really think we need a new creature to perform this role)
[/quote]

Having such a low attack would do near enough no damage at all.It would be useless without hundreds of tokens so you might as well keep the new abilitys.

The new idea is truly great. The drain ability will balance it out indeed and bring some new research material and a lot of fresh fights and rituals. Thus, everyone will be happy for keeping their archers, or sacrificing them and not losing their $ in the MD shop for the ones with tokens. Now having a reimburse for all the tokens is rather not even considerable. That will take loads of time of Mur and practically less time will be consumed for creating a new creature.

So, the drain ability simply doesn't connect with an archer. The archer is supposed to use a bow, or whatever range weapon, and deal damage. The weaken defense is also acceptable, as if they hit someone's leg, so he is wounded, he would be an easier target, or however you could see that happen. But drain? I reckon there should be a new creature for the drain ability. And probably some kind of spell caster too.

can't the archer just get his normal damage and weaken defence and add the new drain ability to that list. so people can just choose what ever ability they want their archer to do?

[color=purple]Just found. It's quite annoying when you're under mod preview so your posts dont show up isnt it? - Grido[/color]

Edited by Grido

• 2 months later...

chaos archers were good as ther were before, now they...are weaker, much much weaker, if dev's want to mod the creatures for balance, mod all at once, or none at all, because i could name other creatures that are way to OP....

like... savage knator on max lv, can do up to 1k damage, that is SICK

If an aramor has no regen stat, it CAN NOT use it. Not to mention the confusion it causes for the new players.
Also regen is the worst possible example you used. Regen is something that has nothing to do with the ability to attack while the current situation of the archers has a lot to do with attack. Personally I think it's just an error in the display not in the actual mechanism.

[quote name='Elthen Airis' date='17 November 2009 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1258492003' post='47730']
The new idea is truly great. The drain ability will balance it out indeed and bring some new research material and a lot of fresh fights and rituals. Thus, everyone will be happy for keeping their archers, or sacrificing them and not losing their $ in the MD shop for the ones with tokens. Now having a reimburse for all the tokens is rather not even considerable. That will take loads of time of Mur and practically less time will be consumed for creating a new creature.

So, the drain ability simply doesn't connect with an archer. The archer is supposed to use a bow, or whatever range weapon, and deal damage. The weaken defense is also acceptable, as if they hit someone's leg, so he is wounded, he would be an easier target, or however you could see that happen. But drain? I reckon there should be a new creature for the drain ability. And probably some kind of spell caster too.
[/quote]

Making a creature that can drain principles will not balance things out, it will simply make people even more afraid of going idle. First they have to worry about stat damage, now they have to worry about principle damage?

If the amount of principles drained was enough to worry the full tokened veterans, it would be devastating to the newer players, not to mention the lower MP levels not being able to farm principles as easily as the older players can.

[quote name='dst' date='11 February 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1265932564' post='54321']
If an aramor has no regen stat, it CAN NOT use it. Not to mention the confusion it causes for the new players.
Also regen is the worst possible example you used. Regen is something that has nothing to do with the ability to attack while the current situation of the archers has a lot to do with attack. Personally I think it's just an error in the display not in the actual mechanism.
[/quote]

If you use personal stats, then yes, aramors can use regen, and archers can attack :/

quick test runs shows that it's not just displaying the wrong stat, it has the wrong stat. while chaos archers will still use token/ profile stats and deal damage based on the assigned attack stat, their base damage will be a single point when used without influence, since they have an intrinsic attack stat of 0 now (or 'none' if there is any technical difference; instead they having power). it's an old and known 'bug', their ability was partly reverted, but not their stats (lower levels don't have 'weaken' like they used to, but they all have 'damage' again). and as jester indicated, the drain principle ability was deemed unbalancing and is obsolted by teh cap anyway.