Wp For Days

Muratus del Mur

Age should be rewarded with WishPoints?  

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay.. with the new announcement, it seems to be implied that after 1200 days, you no longer get wp's. Which limits it to a maximum, while still being fair to newbies.
I think it's a good [enough] compromise.

Also, for the art, if anyone needs ideas, and since I can't draw... at all, I present you with some ideas.

Start off with a newbie, bumbling and stumbling. Or something that says; learning how to breathe, or crawl
Then go on with the next one about learning how to walk
Then run/jump/ pre-adolescent behaviour
Then perhaps learning how to fight?
Get armored stuff and perhaps some people following you. With maybe a reference to being 1 year old.
Get bigger, more minions, better armor
Now you start to generally look awesome
Become a metal bunny impersonator (as only the real metal bunny can be truly awesomeness itself).

Of course, this is not the proper topic to place this in, but, meh.

quite a late reply on the subject: What about WPs for completing "Achievements and Trophys" rather than just for Active days? (sorry if this was posted before, I confess that I did not read all 100+ posts.) I can imagine a combination: You get a new WP after a certain number of days and one more complete achievement or trophy.

• 4 years later...

[spoiler]

What about a 5 year achievement?  With the game being as old as it is now, i think those that have been here for half of its existence should be able to get a 5 year achievement.  Thoughts?

I like the idea 5 years achievement but you need to show up 5 year alive not log-in and log off? The system can prove you are qualified for the 5 years achievements.

[/spoiler]

The question is : is it enough ?

Will someone come back in a few years (days) and say : "half of its existence" is 5.5year or 6years or 7 and so on.

Ok, do as you wish with this WP but consider the recurrence , consider the future especially because this is an "anniversary" WPs.

I would suggest we may go further and at the same time prevent the issue No one pointed.

Why not have anniversary achievements? One WP every 365 AD doesn't sound too inappropriate to me. 

I don't think it would devalue WPs much. One year is one year, doesn't matter if the first, the second or the seventh.

Thoughts?

• Root Admin

I would suggest we may go further and at the same time prevent the issue No one pointed.

Why not have anniversary achievements? One WP every 365 AD doesn't sound too inappropriate to me. 

I don't think it would devalue WPs much. One year is one year, doesn't matter if the first, the second or the seventh.

Thoughts?

I dont like it.

Good point NoOne, perhaps I worded it wrong by saying it was half of MD's existence.  Uh DD there is a 1k day WP?  Last I knew there was only a 2 year one(which is 730)  I just thought since the game has come so many years, those who have stuck with it should be rewarded.  I also think there should be a WP every couple years.  Agreed not 5.5 or 6, but every 2 or so years.  I feel WP usage/gain has diminished greatly as a whole over the past few years, and the WP shop only grows.  Look at the WP topper list, most the whole list is very old vets, a part of which no longer even play. 

I can't possibly see a downside to a WP every couple years. Even if there are those who don't play, but log in just for the WP, what do they have to gain from it?  They log in, get the WP, use it, then log  back out and don't see agian for another few years.  I suppose if anything it would make for a good reunion when the new WP achievement is posted :D

Good point NoOne, perhaps I worded it wrong by saying it was half of MD's existence.  Uh DD there is a 1k day WP?  Last I knew there was only a 2 year one(which is 730)  I just thought since the game has come so many years, those who have stuck with it should be rewarded.  I also think there should be a WP every couple years.  Agreed not 5.5 or 6, but every 2 or so years.  I feel WP usage/gain has diminished greatly as a whole over the past few years, and the WP shop only grows.  Look at the WP topper list, most the whole list is very old vets, a part of which no longer even play. 

I can't possibly see a downside to a WP every couple years. Even if there are those who don't play, but log in just for the WP, what do they have to gain from it?  They log in, get the WP, use it, then log  back out and don't see agian for another few years.  I suppose if anything it would make for a good reunion when the new WP achievement is posted :D

Yes, there is a 1k day WP...

There's only a 270-day gap between 730 and 1000, so if we go with every 2 years after 1000, the timings will get messed up a little due to uneven intervals. Hence my suggestion of 1500 and then 2500, or maybe 1825 (5 years).

Edited by DARK DEMON

One per year for eternity is too much imo.

If at all, they should come at longer intervals, but what i'd like even more would be fun-points, like 1337 days, 2187 (3^7), things like that, and with big steps between them.

Maybe, before discussing where to put points, it'd be worth figuring out how many 'free' points we want to have at all? I think there are 5 age wishes and broken pattern as automated WPs at this point, right? That makes 6 you can get basically for free on your alts, and 5 for everybody who stays with us regardless of their involvement in MD, which seems like a lot of free wishing to me already. The original poll had 2 and 4 as options, and only 4 % of the voters thought that more than 4 would be a good idea already, soo...

Maybe we should do a new poll, seeing that the wishshop got a lot of upgrades since 09?

Edited by Burns

What's the point? 95% of WPs come from automated sources. There's just no player content that would supply RPC-quality-quests for awarding WPs. In my opinion whole WP system is bad for current situation. It was probably good when it was introduced, but from my point of view, WP system effectively collapsed long ago.

• Root Admin

I dont see any reason to add more, you get a default set, you want more? Do something for MD (we give out WP's along with other things) or do quests.

Want your quest to have a WP sponsored? Ask TK, or me, or anyone who has some (hint, ex RPC's do)